PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How rigged is the NBA

I'm yet to see a series where the starters play 48 minutes for each and every game.

OKC has a deeper bench than Boston, if that's where you're going. And a much deeper bench than Miami. I would say that Miami matches up better with them (if healthy) than any team in the East simply becaus they're the only team in the East that can actually run with OKC. Boston cannot.

OKC has a deeper bench than Boston, if that's where you're going. And a much deeper bench than Miami. I would say that Miami matches up better with them (if healthy) than any team in the East simply becaus they're the only team in the East that can actually run with OKC. Boston cannot.
OKC and San Antonio are the two deepest benches in the NBA. It seems a shame given both would be worth competitors for the NBA Finals Championship this season.

OKC and San Antonio are the two deepest benches in the NBA. It seems a shame given both would be worth competitors for the NBA Finals Championship this season.

San Antonio's best chance to even win a game in that series is to try and slow down the penentration. And, even then, OKC is still willing and able to knock down the open jumper.

No one is beating OKC or Spurs out of the east

San Antonio's best chance to even win a game in that series is to try and slow down the penentration. And, even then, OKC is still willing and able to knock down the open jumper.

No one is beating OKC or Spurs out of the east
I'm not sure if it's me but the Spurs have gone through this season with minimal fanfare. It's only when you watch them that you realize how balanced and well constructed a team they really are.

I'm not sure if it's me but the Spurs have gone through this season with minimal fanfare. It's only when you watch them that you realize how balanced and well constructed a team they really are.

Small market team. They don't get love. But when the win it this year..they will be getting some love..and should be

Theyre very well constructed and balanced... but they're not getting through the Thunder.

Well C's look like they want to win tonight...

Well C's look like they want to win tonight...
In the interest of objectivity, the Celtics were the beneficiary of some questionable referee decisions in the 3rd quarter. Of course, the Celtics shooting was better, but if I were a Philly supporter, I'd be dark. Naturally, it was a role reversal from game 4 in Philly.

Last edited:
In the interest of objectivity, the Celtics were the beneficiary of some questionable referee decisions in the 3rd quarter. Of course, the Celtics shooting was better, but if I were a Philly supporter, I'd be dark. Naturally, it was a role reversal from game 4 in Philly.

It's the NBA...refs are always up for debate. Hopefully they win game 6...but i can see them putting in a dud only to come back for a game 7 on saturday

Theyre very well constructed and balanced... but they're not getting through the Thunder.

The thunder rely on jump shooters which doesn't work vs Spurs. Spurs are going to take that series

The thunder rely on jump shooters which doesn't work vs Spurs. Spurs are going to take that series

Huh? The Thunder can penetrate and drive through the lane as well as any team in the league. They can beat you in a multitude of ways. If the Spurs focus on taking away the jump shot, Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will take it to the hole. If the Spurs clog the lane, the Thunder can knock down the open jump shot. San Antonio is MUCH more one dimensional than OKC.

Huh? The Thunder can penetrate and drive through the lane as well as any team in the league. They can beat you in a multitude of ways. If the Spurs focus on taking away the jump shot, Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will take it to the hole. If the Spurs clog the lane, the Thunder can knock down the open jump shot. San Antonio is MUCH more one dimensional than OKC.

Just wait. Spurs will win

Just wait. Spurs will win

If you say so. I find it interesting that you start a thread about how rigged the NBA is, then go on to insist that the most boring, unwatchable team in the NBA will win it all. :)

If you say so. I find it interesting that you start a thread about how rigged the NBA is, then go on to insist that the most boring, unwatchable team in the NBA will win it all. :)

Just becasue a team is boring doesn't mean they have no chance to win..and that has nothing to do with the NBA being rigged.

Just becasue a team is boring doesn't mean they have no chance to win..and that has nothing to do with the NBA being rigged.

Sure it does. If your claim that the NBA is rigged is true, why would they put in the most boring team that the least amount of people (out of the four remaining teams) will watch?

Sure it does. If your claim that the NBA is rigged is true, why would they put in the most boring team that the least amount of people (out of the four remaining teams) will watch?

Because they don't know how long Bosh is out giving the heat less of a chance until he is back to 100%. They have two small market teams now in the west. And rigged can mean many things. The spread being the biggest issue and making series go to 7 games.

Let's see what the FT attempts are in game 6 for boston and philly..becasue you know that series is going to 7 games

Last edited:
Because they don't know how long Bosh is out giving the heat less of a chance until he is back to 100%. They have two small market teams now in the west. And rigged can mean many things. The spread being the biggest issue and making series go to 7 games.

Let's see what the FT attempts are in game 6 for boston and philly..becasue you know that series is going to 7 games

I know you were watching with less than objective eyes but the Heat got screwed by the refs BIG TIME last year in the Finals. Why would anybody in their right mind, after watching that sham, think that the NBA has some sort of agenda when it comes to helping the Heat win it?

Last edited:
Excuse my French but I must say... GOD DAMN I enjoyed every second of that game. I'm well aware that you all hate the Heat but the Pacers have been playing the role of the Jets in this series. Big mouth blowhards that talk a ton of sh!t and just got their asses physically beat. LOVED the hard fouls by Haslem on Psycho T and Pittman on Stephenson. Way to give them a dose of their own medicine. The only thing better would be to now end the series on their home court and sit back and hope for Bosh's return. We're going to need him against the C's.

Excuse my French but I must say... GOD DAMN I enjoyed every second of that game. I'm well aware that you all hate the Heat but the Pacers have been playing the role of the Jets in this series. Big mouth blowhards that talk a ton of sh!t and just got their asses physically beat. LOVED the hard fouls by Haslem on Psycho T and Pittman on Stephenson. Way to give them a dose of their own medicine. The only thing better would be to now end the series on their home court and sit back and hope for Bosh's return. We're going to need him against the C's.
The way the Pacers played that game fell right into Miami's hands. Why they were taking so many outside shots when the Pacers have a clear inside advantage with Hibbert and West is beyond stupid.

The Pacers played that like a college team.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back