PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

Grow the eff up Bill and maybe beat a good team without #12 under center

You are such a duplicitous, whining clown. All you ever did was rag on Brady when he was here. You've always dumped on Kraft as well, now it's BB. Find another team to crap on.

Last edited:
We can love and appreciate BB for 20 years of legendary excellence, while still facing reality that his personnel decisions over the last 4 years have hurt the team. And, the Meyers deal is the most recent debacle.
It's yet to be seen if it can be redeemed by some important and needed talent acquisitions.
I'd agree, I was reading something on the team and stating that BB is still upset with Mac for reaching out to Alabama coaches last season.. See as great and successful as coach has been I can't give him a pass for the decisions last season..

He is going to have to bury the hatchet with Mac if there is to be any success in the post brady era.. he asked 2 unqualified coaches to handle his offense, Mac went outside the organization for advice.. both penalties offset!

I still don’t see how you get arrogance.
Meaning to others it may have come off as arrogance.. arrogance can come off in many different ways..

I'd agree, I was reading something on the team and stating that BB is still upset with Mac for reaching out to Alabama coaches last season.. See as great and successful as coach has been I can't give him a pass for the decisions last season..

He is going to have to bury the hatchet with Mac if there is to be any success in the post brady era.. he asked 2 unqualified coaches to handle his offense, Mac went outside the organization for advice.. both penalties offset!
I heard Curran's interview. It was all pure speculation, especially the part about BB still being mad and cutting Hoyer as part of the vendetta to avenge last year's insurrection by the QB's. Since then I have seen at least 4 stories related to the interview with only Curran's speculation as the source with no additional information. Clearly last year was a complete and total abomination with BB's decision to trust the offense to two unqualified people being the cause. The number of rehashed stories coming from the Curran interview is an example of tabloid journalism intended to play on the frustrations from last year.

BB was probably angry at the time, that doesn't mean that he has not learned from the situation and moved on. Most importantly, the root cause of the problem has been addressed, Hoyer was cut because he was done and Mac is QB1 going into training camp. Looking forward to the draft and training camp. This offseason cannot end soon enough.

You are such a duplicitous, whining clown. All you ever did was rag on Brady when he was here. You've always dumped on Kraft as well, now it's BB. Find another team to crap on.
Curran is someone dialed in with credentials and credibility I'd take what he reports as truthful it's coming directly from the organization.

I can't stand listening to Adam Jones, WEEI afternoon ratings have to have dropped considerably. It just feels like with last season, not winning is lining up for an amicable split at some point. As Peter King reported he feels if we have another loosing season BB could be coaching elsewhere to break Shulas record.
I heard Curran's interview. It was all pure speculation, especially the part about BB still being mad and cutting Hoyer as part of the vendetta to avenge last year's insurrection by the QB's. Since then I have seen at least 4 stories related to the interview with only Curran's speculation as the source with no additional information. Clearly last year was a complete and total abomination with BB's decision to trust the offense to two unqualified people being the cause. The number of rehashed stories coming from the Curran interview is an example of tabloid journalism intended to play on the frustrations from last year.

BB was probably angry at the time, that doesn't mean that he has not learned from the situation and moved on. Most importantly, the root cause of the problem has been addressed, Hoyer was cut because he was done and Mac is QB1 going into training camp. Looking forward to the draft and training camp. This offseason cannot end soon enough.
Well put! I agree 100%.. I mentioned Curran as he's a pretty cerebral guy and his reports are factual where he is I believe the longest tenured reporter with informed opinions on the organization. But as you said tabloids and rehashed stories all get old and stale.

I can't wait for the off season to end as well. I'm just looking forward to see an actual offense where there are designed plays, game planning.. players put in spots to take advantage of their talents.

I'm sure we'll have another solid draft.. don't know what player we will get at 14 if we even stay there. However I'm sure BB was annoyed Mac reached out to others however got to let it be so we can get back on track to winning.

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

Shoot the messenger, ignore the message.

Bill has lost his fast ball.

Warning signs have been flashing for several years.
He handpicked Cam Newton, the worst passer in the NFL, to run QB sneaks for a season.
He put his D coach buddy in charge of $90 million of offensive assets the following year.
etc etc etc

At some point the In Bill we Trust loyalists might want to remove their blinders and reconcile the reality that even the GOAT of NFL coaching has an expiration date.

Given BB's two decades of Patriots success, he certainly has banked inordinate amounts of goodwill.
But given the accelerated volume of BB's indefensible decisions in recent years, one has to wonder what Kraft's motivations are these days.
Loyalty?
Records?
Absolute trust in his septuagenarian HC?
Handies?
Perhaps it's simply economics given BB's albatross contract and the unknown costs of termination.

Let's be honest, if any of the other 31 teams' HCs/GMs exhibited half the amount of mismanagement and negligence that BB and his Friends & Family flunkies have demonstrated in recent years, we keyboard GMs would be vicious in our lampooning of their clown show.

Expires Grocery Store GIF by Travis
1680526053729.jpeg1680526095355.jpeg

are you claiming Bill the Coach has been successful the last 3 seasons? or do you just enjoy rooting for teams with losing records? if that's the case, why don't you go root for the Washington Generals
someone apparently has time to catalog what posters on an anonymous football forum post 5,10 years ago....or he/she/they (cant misgender anyone) searches post histories....again, on an anonymous football forum...

He handpicked Cam Newton, the worst passer in the NFL, to run QB sneaks for a season.
He put his D coach buddy in charge of $90 million of offensive assets the following year.
etc etc etc

At some point the In Bill we Trust loyalists might want to remove their blinders and reconcile the reality that even the GOAT of NFL coaching has an expiration date.

Given BB's two decades of Patriots success, he certainly has banked inordinate amounts of goodwill.
But given the accelerated volume of BB's indefensible decisions in recent years, one has to wonder what Kraft's motivations are these days.
Loyalty?
Records?
Handies?
Perhaps it's simply economics given BB's albatross contract and the unknown costs of termination.

Let's be honest, if any of the other 31 teams' HCs/GMs exhibited half the amount of mismanagement and negligence that BB and his Friends & Family flunkies have demonstrated in recent years, we keyboard GMs would be vicious in our lampooning of their clown show.

View attachment 50727View attachment 50728

You're twisting my calling out FCB Clown's incessant Patriots hatred into a blanket defense of BB, which it wasn't. BB is not infallible, last year's Patricia/Judge fiasco proved as much. But concluding he has "lost his fastball," whatever the hell that vague cliche means in this case, is premature at best. This coming season will be telltale re. the GOAT coach's "expiration date."

are you claiming Bill the Coach has been successful the last 3 seasons? or do you just enjoy rooting for teams with losing records? if that's the case, why don't you go root for the Washington Generals
someone apparently has time to catalog what posters on an anonymous football forum post 5,10 years ago....or he/she/they (cant misgender anyone) searches post histories....again, on an anonymous football forum...

See post #430. As for the rest, your consistently negative posting history is obvious to anyone paying attention.

Meaning to others it may have come off as arrogance.. arrogance can come off in many different ways..
Not really, but many people can call something arrogant because they don’t understand what it means.

Curran is someone dialed in with credentials and credibility I'd take what he reports as truthful it's coming directly from the organization.

. I mentioned Curran as he's a pretty cerebral guy and his reports are factual where he is I believe the longest tenured reporter with informed opinions on the organization. But as you said tabloids and rehashed stories all get old and stale.
Even Curran has fallen into the cesspool with all the other mediots, at least during the interview I listened to. He was using words like "it wouldn't surprise me" when speculating that BB got rid of Hoyer as punishment for pushing back on the coaches last year While that is crap, the writer of the story claiming that was a real thing based on Curran is even worse. In some ways BB is reaping what he sowed by being so arrogant when things were going well.

Even Curran has fallen into the cesspool with all the other mediots, at least during the interview I listened to. He was using words like "it wouldn't surprise me" when speculating that BB got rid of Hoyer as punishment for pushing back on the coaches last year While that is crap, the writer of the story claiming that was a real thing based on Curran is even worse. In some ways BB is reaping what he sowed by being so arrogant when things were going well.
You said it being so arrogant... I've mentioned before even coaches have egos.. imagine the ego someone so tenured and succ as coach...

etc etc etc

Loyalty?
Records?
Handies?

View attachment 50727View attachment 50728
They wouldn't if they had taken their teams to 9 Super Bowls and won 6.

I heard it too, it's all his opinion or other's opinions that he thinks could have some truth to it, there's no facts to all these stories.

You're twisting my calling out FCB Clown's incessant Patriots hatred into a blanket defense of BB, which it wasn't. BB is not infallible, last year's Patricia/Judge fiasco proved as much. But concluding he has "lost his fastball," whatever the hell that vague cliche means in this case, is premature at best. This coming season will be telltale re. the GOAT coach's "expiration date."
you're ridiculous. are you happy with a losing record the last 3 seasons? I prefer my teams to win...

More BB discussion. Lead-in by Acho. Rebuttal by Joy Taylor. Then further discussion by the rest of the panel.

Interesting stuff.

So BB has never won a playoff game as a Head Coach without Brady, counting his time with the Browns as well as the Patriots?

Things that make you go, Hmmmmm. :excited:

More BB discussion. Lead-in by Acho. Rebuttal by Joy Taylor. Then further discussion by the rest of the panel.

Interesting stuff.

So BB has never won a playoff game as a Head Coach without Brady, counting his time with the Browns as well as the Patriots?

Things that make you go, Hmmmmm. :excited:

I hope you are bolding this statement to highlight how ridiculous it is. As we old timers know, the Belichick coached Browns defeated the Parcells/Bledsoe Patriots 20-13 in 1994.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back