PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you honestly feel about our chance at a repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s really people in here questioning if this current squad is a dynasty? Seriously?

3 in 5 years is a dynasty.

I don’t hear anyone debating the validity of the San Francisco Giants dynasty for doing the same exact thing a few years back.

Pretty good barring injuries. I mean this team has been to the last 3 SBs and last 4 of 5. The only way you wouldn't feel good is if you think the odds are impossible to win 4 out of 6.

And I want it really bad, because it does 2 things, would become the franchise with most SB wins, breaking the tie with the squealers and it would be 4 in 6 years which would tie the squealers 70s run, man would that send that fanbase into an an absolute seething rage.

Pretty good barring injuries. I mean this team has been to the last 3 SBs and last 4 of 5. The only way you wouldn't feel good is if you think the odds are impossible to win 4 out of 6.

And I want it really bad, because it does 2 things, would become the franchise with most SB wins, breaking the tie with the squealers and it would be 4 in 6 years which would tie the squealers 70s run, man would that send that fanbase into an an absolute seething rage.

The schadenfreude would be delicious, and the salty tears savory.

I'm very excited for this defense, and somewhat concerned at the offense given how it ended with the Rams (requiring, it seems, superstar play from Gronk to score even a few points).

I'm very excited for this defense, and somewhat concerned at the offense given how it ended with the Rams (requiring, it seems, superstar play from Gronk to score even a few points).
yeah but they had 498 and 524 yards of offense in the 2 games prior to that game. Pretty decent.

It will be interesting how good the defense will be. I share some concerns about the offense but still expect 27 per game and ball control. If the defense is just good and gives up 20 per game, not sure if we get a bye. If it's shutdown and gives up 17 per game we will be #1 seed. Ultimately comes down to the defense as offense looks to be competent like last year but not super elite. It will get the job done. Defense needs to make the difference.

I feel pretty good......I think we will not miss the departure of Brown. I also think the offense will make adjustments around the need for production around TE. Overall, I think the offense will be at least as productive and efficient.

The defense I believe is improved though I have some concern about the overall quality of the interior DL .... if they can be stout, the rest of the defense will be very effective.

Homefield throughout the playoffs....nobody in the afc is as complete as the pats....the NFC stands to have some pretty good teams

If our LT works out and we stay healthy, I don’t see why we couldn’t do it again. Chiefs are going to be a lot worse than last year if Tyreke isn’t on the team.

As things stand right now it seems likely that the Pats are one of the top 4 teams in football and top 2 in the AFC. Hard to know who comes out of know where and challenges they will bring but unless there are a rash of injuries the Pats should have a very good chance to make it back to AFCCG and once that happens anything can happen.

Well, I have only bet on the Super Bowl in the off-season twice in the past.

I took the Pats in 2014 at 7:1 :D and took the Pats in 2016 at 6:1 :D

I liked the Pats in 2015, 2017, and 2018, but the odds were terrible, so I passed on them.

I really like the 2019 Pats, based on a great off-season FA and draft, and was happy to bet on them at 6.5:1

I love the Defense and I like the Offense with a road-grading Run Game combined with a healthy GOAT.

So, honestly, I think this edition has an excellent chance to go all the way!

Can't wait!

If our LT works out and we stay healthy, I don’t see why we couldn’t do it again. Chiefs are going to be a lot worse than last year if Tyreke isn’t on the team.

He will be. Bet he only gets 2-4 games. Hill’s team is on full shame mode right now. They are going to try to put it all on the girlfriend and paint Hill as a innocent bystander.

yeah but they had 498 and 524 yards of offense in the 2 games prior to that game. Pretty decent.

It will be interesting how good the defense will be. I share some concerns about the offense but still expect 27 per game and ball control. If the defense is just good and gives up 20 per game, not sure if we get a bye. If it's shutdown and gives up 17 per game we will be #1 seed. Ultimately comes down to the defense as offense looks to be competent like last year but not super elite. It will get the job done. Defense needs to make the difference.
Not only that, the Pats had 1429 total yards of offense in 3 playoff games, the most ever in their playoff history for 3 games. They also rushed for 150 plus yards in all three games, their 3rd,4th and 5th highest playoff rushing totals ever, exceeded only by the 2 Colts games where they decided to ram it down their throats.. Oh and the 498 and 524 yards were the 3rd and 5th highest yardage totals in the playoffs, exceeded only by SB52 and Brady's 505 passing yards, Atlanta SB( which was OT) and the 45-10 drubbing of the Colts a few years back...... The Rams have a very good defense. You can't put up 500 yards of offense on everybody....

He will be. Bet he only gets 2-4 games. Hill’s team is on full shame mode right now. They are going to try to put it all on the girlfriend and paint Hill as a innocent bystander.
Pats in 4

Brady stays healthy and the left tackle position stabilizes? I like our chances, especially if the NFL suspends Hill and the league tears into Kansas City (with an off season to really study Mahomes).

Our secondary should be very good, our linebacker position should be deep and versatile. We may have an issue at pass rush but when haven't we? They make it to the playoffs and then the blitzes come that apparently no one has prepared for...or they roll out a five man line (Jesus that was crazy in the SB). It'll be something.

Do need a tight end...imagine there will be weekly tryouts and trades until they do.

Have three big receivers, all of which have serious questions...Harry a rookie, Thomas with the injury and Gordon with the suspension. That's a lot of questions.

Good stable of backs - the kid from Bama should add quality depth and power - and if Michel becomes a part of the passing game? Won't have to sub anything in unless they want to. Tough on D to plan for that. Love White, is it me or did he improve as a runner last year? Kind of reminded me of how Vereen and Faulk improved in that area as third down backs - he quietly added something there, he really did. And as a pass catcher I just love his game...so clean, so compact...this is what a professionally skilled pass catching back looks like. Consistency. No wasted motion.

And I'll tell you what - they don't win the Super Bowl last year without that offensive line - one of the best in football. Seems like forever I've waited for guys that can run block like that. That interior? The way they move? You don't get interiors like that very often, and they can pass block too. Hopefully the left tackle spot will be ok with Wynn, if so? This is one hell of a unit and I'd expected the same type of production again.

• We need to play good defense
  • We need to play good offense
  • We need to play good special teams

I am definitely excited about this season.

I treat every season much like my golf game. I start out thinking about the possibility of the best round ever but if it goes south for whatever reason I switch to thinking about going for the best shot ever which is more often than not. Haha

But I really do like what they've done this off season.

True.

My clients will have impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back