PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do the Patriots Matchup with the Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just relishing in the irony of the matchup; it would be a crazy bookend if Brady gets his 1st and 6th ring against the same team

If it was against the Saints it would be heavy Saints fans.

That is the reason why I was rooting for the rams on Sunday. I knew Atlanta would be filled with saints fans due to the short drive. Plus I didnt want to face Drew B. I think Goff can be rattled.

Wade Phillips D gave Brady trouble in the 2015 AFCCG.

That defense was stacked, Von Miller was lights out and that front seven as a whole was a brick wall. The Rams don't have a linebacker even close to his talent level.

I firmly believe we can run of these guys, against the Broncos we didn't have a chance. I don't think we rushed for more than 50 yards total that game.

That defense was stacked, Von Miller was lights out and that front seven as a whole was a brick wall. The Rams don't have a linebacker even close to his talent level.

I firmly believe we can run of these guys, against the Broncos we didn't have a chance. I don't think we rushed for more than 50 yards total that game.

I also think that was the year they lost all the RB and had the corpse of Steven Jackson running the ball. In that game, the leading rusher for the Pats was actually Tom Brady!

I'd rather face Brees. He's played pretty badly the last month now that teams have figured out the offense. I mean, you shut down Michael Thomas and what's left?

I'd rather face Brees. He's played pretty badly the last month now that teams have figured out the offense. I mean, you shut down Michael Thomas and what's left?

It’s too late for that no we focus on making Goff beat us

I just remember last years SB. It’s like we were in position to win but foles completed throw after throw after throw and our secondary looked completely clueless. Could have stopped them on 4th down. I hope we’ve gotten better on defense because it doesn’t matter how many points the offense scores if the defense can’t do shīt. Correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe it was the defense that carried us to victory against this team last time.

Why do you care? You're not a pats fan....

I don't care if any of you dislike or disagree with my post. Anyone new to the forum can't post negative stuff about NE like @Brandon Manning did last week and then start a new thread about how we are going to stop the Rams this week. Gimme a break.

To be fair, Aaron Donald is the best defensive tackle Belichick will ever have game-planned for.

Suh's a bum though. We'll hear how good he is these next couple of weeks, but you heard in that unfiltered locker room video what the players actually think about him.

Donald's totally legit though. It will be interesting to see what kind of plan McDaniels and Scarneccia come up with.

Ever? You understand that Belichick's been doing this since before the wheel was round, right?

Another devastating offense, hope no one gets bench.

Talib is really good at trash talking and getting under people's skin. Gronk and Jules are susceptible to rising to that bait. Let's keep cool heads. Winning is the best revenge.

We're going to exploit Aaron Donald's greediness. He loves to beat you with split-second timing and blazing speed. I'm surprised NO didn't bait him with a hard count, or at least wham block him enough to make him question the wisdom of one-gapping so aggressively.

This is where Dante becomes very valuable to us- he's going to devise a complex scheme of blocking Donald, and our OL and TE's have the IQ to execute it. Donald is never going to figure out who's going to blindside him, and that's going to make him turtle or at least become discouraged.

Here's a good primer:

Wham block – Total American Football
Pats have been dealing with a these HOF types for almost 20 years. After Donald their D has been a huge disappointment if you ask me. Now some of that is scheme/play calling, I know Peters wasn't used right early on.

But like you said Dante & Josh will negate what Donald wants to do w play calling, blocking scheme/technique/help etc.

I think the only thing that holds is back on O is if we get conservative early on. We shouldn't be afraid of this defense the more I look at them. Respect them but definitely not afraid at all.

I think so much comes down to shutting down their running game. That drives that whole team. Goff is vg but still nowhere near as fast as he needs to be. Slow him down a lil & he's very human.

CB1: Gilmore
CB2: Rowe
CB3: Chung/Bademosi
S1: McCourty
S2: Harmon
Dime: Richards

CB1: Gilmore
CB2: Jackson
CB3: J. McCourty
S1: D. McCourty
S2: Chung
S3: Harmon
Dime: Jones/Crossen

Our secondary personnel will be a bit better this time around. :)

I would come out in similar fashion with Gilmore 1 on 1 vs. Woods & a bracket on Cooks with either McCourty bros or Jones/McCourty. If Gilmore continues his stud level of play and can limit Woods by himself, their passing offense is already in a tough spot. Make Goff beat them with his 3rd/4th options in Reynolds/Everett/RB.

If Jackson can have a bounceback game, his matchup with Reynolds would probably be a wash or favor the pats as well. Get the Rams to 3rd and 5+ (something the D struggled with vs. Philly) & I like our chances.

Kinda OT: the Rams took Donald, Goff and Gurley in three consecutive drafts. Now, I'm happy the Pats didn't have low picks, but, man, it would be neat to acquire three good players at whatever position year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST