PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do the Patriots Matchup with the Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will be our easiest game of the postseason. We win handily. Probably like 38-20

Again I refer to my earlier post, they dont have a von Miller hopped up on antimatter injected directly into his heart for the playoffs. That PED monster almost single handedly won them those games. The Rams defense doesnt have nearly the playmakers on D that wade had.

Kinda OT: the Rams took Donald, Goff and Gurley in three consecutive drafts. Now, I'm happy the Pats didn't have low picks, but, man, it would be neat to acquire three good players at whatever position year after year.
Unfortunatly the team has to suck pond water to be able to get those low picks. No Thanks.

I would come out in similar fashion with Gilmore 1 on 1 vs. Woods & a bracket on Cooks with either McCourty bros or Jones/McCourty. If Gilmore continues his stud level of play and can limit Woods by himself, their passing offense is already in a tough spot. Make Goff beat them with his 3rd/4th options in Reynolds/Everett/RB.

If Jackson can have a bounceback game, his matchup with Reynolds would probably be a wash or favor the pats as well. Get the Rams to 3rd and 5+ (something the D struggled with vs. Philly) & I like our chances.
That seems like the scenario. Jones w/help against Cooks isn't a matchup I love but it worked great against KC and while Cooks is really good, he's a step less threatening than Hill.

Rams' OL is better than KCs and their 3rd WR is a little better but having less used TE compared to Kelce is a huge step down.

That seems like the scenario. Jones w/help against Cooks isn't a matchup I love but it worked great against KC and while Cooks is really good, he's a step less threatening than Hill.

Rams' OL is better than KCs and their 3rd WR is a little better but having less used TE compared to Kelce is a huge step down.

Plus JJ is familiar with cooks from Practice.

I would be surprised if the Rams put Talib on Gronk, at least to start.

The only team that gave up more ypc on the ground than KC? The Rams

The Rams have a similar level of consolidation in the passing game as the chiefs.....cooks and woods have 1200 yards and then it's the running back......I would opt to take woods away

Plus JJ is familiar with cooks from Practice.
And Watkins is familiar with Woods from Buffalo. And Belichick knows both Woods, from game planning against him twice a year, and Cooks, from his year here, very well. It works in reverse too, of course, but I would think familiarity would be an advantage to the defense mroe than the offense. The familiarity with both starting WR is a very interesting sidelight.

Again I refer to my earlier post, they dont have a von Miller hopped up on antimatter injected directly into his heart for the playoffs. That PED monster almost single handedly won them those games. The Rams defense doesnt have nearly the playmakers on D that wade had.
?

99, Suh, Talib?

I feel like the Pats line up better against the Rams than they did against KC.

Mahomes and Goff arent even on the same level, if KC had anything resembling a Defense they would have destroyed the Rams.

Easiest game of the postseason? McVay is one of the brightest minds in Football. He's the complete opposite of Reid. He is similar to Pederson (Who outcoached BB last year). This may be our 2nd toughest game after KC.
It won't be. It's easy. Relax and enjoy the win from start to finish. No nail biters this time around

I thought we would either lose in this postseason to KC or NO. We squeezed by KC and NO isn't there. LA has tapered off towards the end of the season and so has NO, which doesn't mean I take away from their win there but it isn't as impressive as it would've been back in November when NO was really at its best. I haven't felt this confident about a SB since 2011...which ok we lost that but still it doesn't matter!

Does anyone have an objective breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of the Rams vs Saints? I’m trying to convince myself that we matchchup better with the Rams than the Saints but I need convincing.
I am not sure what that kind of breakdown would even mean. The Rams are the opponents. Who cares now how we would have matched up versus the Saints? Payton and Brees made huge errors.

STOP THE RUN.

Eat them alive with the run game. LAR suck against the run.

Eat them alive with White, Da Burkmeister & Edelman. LAR LBs suck. “D.B.A.T.P.Cuts.”

Eat them alive with Gronk. LAR suck at defending TEs.

OL needs to continue playing at their current level against the LAR DL. Interior pressure is Brady’s weakness.

Attack their safeties & Peters.

CANNOT blink on ST. LAR are MOST DEFINITELY gonna try something with Hekker. Gotta stay alert on that.

Suh & Peters WILL be flagged for SOMETHING in this game. They just can’t help themselves :D

Pressure Goff. He will crack eventually.

BALL GAME.

NEP are SB LIII Champions & the chicken littles wonder how the hell we did it.....again.
So simple even a came man can do it right!

Donald and Suh are what really worries me.... How we deal with interior Rush will be key to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick