PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do the Patriots Matchup with the Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Aaron Donald is the best defensive tackle Belichick will ever have game-planned for.

Game planned for him fine in 2016. He had 1 QB hit in the game. Now I get that was 2 years ago but it is the same IOL Thuney-Andrews-Mason that played that game.

STOP THE RUN.

Eat them alive with the run game. LAR suck against the run.

Eat them alive with White, Da Burkmeister & Edelman. LAR LBs suck. “D.B.A.T.P.Cuts.”

Eat them alive with Gronk. LAR suck at defending TEs.

OL needs to continue playing at their current level against the LAR DL. Interior pressure is Brady’s weakness.

Attack their safeties & Peters.

CANNOT blink on ST. LAR are MOST DEFINITELY gonna try something with Hekker. Gotta stay alert on that.

Suh & Peters WILL be flagged for SOMETHING in this game. They just can’t help themselves :D

Pressure Goff. He will crack eventually.

BALL GAME.

NEP are SB LIII Champions & the chicken littles wonder how the hell we did it.....again.

Does anyone have an objective breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of the Rams vs Saints? I’m trying to convince myself that we matchchup better with the Rams than the Saints but I need convincing.

QB and overall defensive strength alone should be enough.

I know Brady isn't known for his running abilities. However, what do you think about some bootleg plays for Brady? Maybe catch the Rams off guard?

Also, McVay is a similar coach to Pederson. Meaning he will take risks. He isn't scared to fail. I think BB needs to learn from SB 52. Try a fake punt on a potential 4th and 3 or less.
Can’t give up another crazy play.

STOP THE RUN.

Eat them alive with the run game. LAR suck against the run.

Eat them alive with White, Da Burkmeister & Edelman. LAR LBs suck. “D.B.A.T.P.Cuts.”

Eat them alive with Gronk. LAR suck at defending TEs.

OL needs to continue playing at their current level against the LAR DL. Interior pressure is Brady’s weakness.

Attack their safeties & Peters.

CANNOT blink on ST. LAR are MOST DEFINITELY gonna try something with Hekker. Gotta stay alert on that.

Suh & Peters WILL be flagged for SOMETHING in this game. They just can’t help themselves :D

Pressure Goff. He will crack eventually.

BALL GAME.

NEP are SB LIII Champions & the chicken littles wonder how the hell we did it.....again.

Disagree on the first point that it’s typically slow treading in the run game against amped teams. They also will be ready on the first series for white.

Some misdirection, jet sweep, screens and play action early to surprise them. I’ll take Gronk and maybe some one on one Dorsett routes (maybe catch Peters watching). Go to Gronk early when the refs may call some holding calls and could back Talib off somewhat.

Get Donald and Suh moving sideways.

I may not go ham wild on cover 1/0 blitzes since Goff seems to get the ball out and avoid the sack. Definitely blitz on 3rd and long when they’re less likely boot legging or misdirection roll outs.

Brady threw for 500 yards and still lost last year because the secondary was Swiss cheese. We could not stop them even when it mattered.

A plus side of playing the Rams is that the crowd in atlanta is going to be overwhelmingly Patriots fans. Rams fans were outnumbered in their own stadium in the Dallas playoff game, the week before the Super Bowl and the game itself is going to be dominated by New England fans. If it was against the Saints it would be heavy Saints fans.

Rams are loaded offensively. Woods and Cooks can take the top off any D. Their TE is a stud too. Obviously they got Gurley and an all pro line. Patriots defense are facing an offense just as deadly as the Chiefs were.

On defense, they got Talib back. He is one heck of a corner. Got out work cut out for us in Atlanta.
Jesus, Peyton's nephew, this is the same exact crap you were spewing before the Chiefs game and before the game was even over you posted a thread Congratulating the Chiefs

What's next that Pats can't win on the road?

A plus side of playing the Rams is that the crowd in atlanta is going to be overwhelmingly Patriots fans. Rams fans were outnumbered in their own stadium in the Dallas playoff game, the week before the Super Bowl and the game itself is going to be dominated by New England fans. If it was against the Saints it would be heavy Saints fans.
I thought it would be 50/50

Rams DL reminds me of the 07 Giants DL. Ugh. Pats need to use White in the screen game like the 1st half. Win the time of possession too. If there are any trick plays up McD's sleeve, now is the time.

So you think Patriots are going to trick play themselves for 60 minutes to victory do you?

I know Brady isn't known for his running abilities. However, what do you think about some bootleg plays for Brady? Maybe catch the Rams off guard?

Also, McVay is a similar coach to Pederson. Meaning he will take risks. He isn't scared to fail. I think BB needs to learn from SB 52. Try a fake punt on a potential 4th and 3 or less.

Peyton's nephew stick to trolling, your game planning sucks.

Defense needs to play lights out for this game. We set the tone early in super bowl 36. Ty law had a pick 6 of warner.

Stopping the run is the biggest challenge. Iam hoping BB and flores will do enough to confuse goff if they can stop the run.

You guys are a lot smarter than me. Between NO and the Ram’s. Which team has the better LB’s and Safety’s in your opinion. I think this is where the game is won or lost and the better matchup

IMHO the singular, critical matchup is Pats OL vs Rams DL. If the Pats OL can provide Brady the kind of protection they did against the Chiefs as well as open some running room for Sony, Rex, White? The Patriots at minimum will be up by or within a score in the last couple of minutes.
Next, if the first half AFCCG D shows up to Atlanta for at least half+, this will be the Patriots' game to own (or not own).

In KC in January may, outside of Denver, be one of the most hostile places for an opposing team to play in. For the most part the team looked mentally as ready as could be hoped for. Hard to see this BB coached, TB led playoff savy team not looking as good if not better in a neutral site dome (if the OL pitches another solid game).

We'll see...

idk. I feel like the chiefs have so many more weapons than the rams. I would put gilmore on woods and double cooks like they did with hill.

Just wait for Cooks to catch a ball and run around in a circle until a patriots player hits him so hard he breaks his jaw...

Toughest D line they will face all year. That's how the Rams beat New Orleans in the trenches. If they get pressure we all know how it ends...

It's almost as if the Patriots don't have recent history placating All World Defensive Lineman like J.J. Watt.

Offensively, I get the feeling James Develin is going to be oh so important in this game.

Placating? Saying nice things about his family? Promising him a winner's share? Complimenting his wardrobe?:)

To be fair, Aaron Donald is the best defensive tackle Belichick will ever have game-planned for.

Suh's a bum though. We'll hear how good he is these next couple of weeks, but you heard in that unfiltered locker room video what the players actually think about him.

Donald's totally legit though. It will be interesting to see what kind of plan McDaniels and Scarneccia come up with.

Donald's brilliance shows up most in plays behind the line of scrimmage. He finds a way through gaps and around blocks, to create losses. I suspect the Pats coaching staff will work hard to minimize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes