Votes: 54 30.5%
  • 65 - 80% Chance Pats Win

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • 80%+ Chance Pats Win

Votes: 41 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a far better defense, and more depth and versatility at wr and Rb and I'm not sure why you are impressed by their pas rush.
Pats have a good crew at Wr and rb, but they aren't comparable to Atlanta's. Atlanta's 5th option at receiver, Robinson, should be starting somewhere and it's criminal that he isn't. Freeman, coleman, and Gabriel are td threats from anywhere on the field. Sanu and hardy are chain movers... hardy, in any other system would be a number 2.. he catches everything.

And while the falcons are average in sack numbers, they are fifth in the league in hurries. Vic Beasely has opened things up for our average linemen and coming from someone who has watched every game.. it's rare to see a qb stand in the pocket.. I'm very anxious to see how they compete against the goat.

Atlanta's defense isn't anything to tell your grandkids about but they are very aggressive and have a good pass rush. The secondary is borderline almost great if you squint your eyes, believe it or not. The trouble comes underneath, but it hasn't been an issue much because our offense usually stays so far ahead that they welcome runs and short passes.

Being a born and raised New Englander it is in our nature to hope for the best, but plan for the worst which is why I have take Monday off.

Which one was your favorite newbie? Please don't hold back and describe it in detail.
My favorite newbie? Guess that would be me, I am hopelessly biased when it comes to that.
Anyway, went to page 1 and it seems I left quite an impression, whopping 10 Dislikes. Maybe I should have said I am not confident at all or feeling pessimistic, those guys got some serious Agrees.

shutterstock_73072234.jpg

For those game day thread regulars, an actual eye test for you Sunday. Please feel free to enlarge or shrink to fit your particular desired test parameters.
r
og
erg
oode
llsucks

Pats have a good crew at Wr and rb, but they aren't comparable to Atlanta's. Atlanta's 5th option at receiver, Robinson, should be starting somewhere and it's criminal that he isn't. Freeman, coleman, and Gabriel are td threats from anywhere on the field. Sanu and hardy are chain movers... hardy, in any other system would be a number 2.. he catches everything.
No.
Sanu has 59 catches which is a career high. Gabriel had 35 one short of a career high. Your homer opinion about how great the guys in your bench are is meaningless.
You have Jones who is incredible but the rest of the group is blah.

And while the falcons are average in sack numbers, they are fifth in the league in hurries. Vic Beasely has opened things up for our average linemen and coming from someone who has watched every game.. it's rare to see a qb stand in the pocket.. I'm very anxious to see how they compete against the goat.
Your d will be shredded by Brady. 5th in hurries isn't going to help.

Atlanta's defense isn't anything to tell your grandkids about but they are very aggressive and have a good pass rush. The secondary is borderline almost great if you squint your eyes, believe it or not.
This is a joke right? Great at what? Certainly not stopping offenses from completing passes, gaining yards, making first downs and scoring points. I think you are closing your eyes when you think you are squinting.

The trouble comes underneath, but it hasn't been an issue much because our offense usually stays so far ahead that they welcome runs and short passes.
Your defense vs Tom Brady and his offense is one of the biggest mismatches in SB history.
I'd put it up there with 85 Bear D, 96 49er O, 2001 Raven D. Historic units vs bad ones.

Atlanta's defense isn't anything to tell your grandkids about but they are very aggressive and have a good pass rush. The secondary is borderline almost great if you squint your eyes, believe it or not. The trouble comes underneath, but it hasn't been an issue much because our offense usually stays so far ahead that they welcome runs and short passes.

It looks like the Patriots shouldn't even turn up. Well, we had a good run....

sounds like the 2014 colts

No.
Sanu has 59 catches which is a career high. Gabriel had 35 one short of a career high. Your homer opinion about how great the guys in your bench are is meaningless.
You have Jones who is incredible but the rest of the group is blah.

Your d will be shredded by Brady. 5th in hurries isn't going to help.

This is a joke right? Great at what? Certainly not stopping offenses from completing passes, gaining yards, making first downs and scoring points. I think you are closing your eyes when you think you are squinting.

Your defense vs Tom Brady and his offense is one of the biggest mismatches in SB history.
I'd put it up there with 85 bear d, 96 49er o, 2001 raven d. Historic units vs bad ones.
[/QUOTE]
I'm just trying to share some insight since you guys obviously don't watch many falcon games.. these aren't "homer opinions" Atlanta's has a deeper more versatile group of receivers than new england, which says alot considering the pats have a great group... I mean cmon man.. atlanta has a record breaking offense.. there's a reason for that.

And again, regarding the secondary... it's a very good group.. it's the underneath stuff that the falcons get beat up on.

It looks like the Patriots shouldn't even turn up. Well, we had a good run....
Is that what you took from that? That's crazy considering Im not nearly as confident as you guys are.

I'm just trying to share some insight since you guys obviously don't watch many falcon games.. these aren't "homer opinions" Atlanta's has a deeper more versatile group of receivers than new england, which says alot considering the pats have a great group... I mean cmon man.. atlanta has a record breaking offense.. there's a reason for that.
That is an incorrect homer opinion.
What records did they break?

And again, regarding the secondary... it's a very good group.. it's the underneath stuff that the falcons get beat up on.
And again you are wrong. Your defense is in the bottom 1/4 of the league in almost everything.

Is that what you took from that? That's crazy considering Im not nearly as confident as you guys are.
You shouldn't be.

The NE receivers aren't going up against the atlanta receivers in this game so the comparison is pointless.

And if the falcons secondary gets beat up on underneath stuff it'll be a huge problem for you guys. It's what NE thrives on.

Unfortunately for Atlanta, that's the thing the Patriot's offense excels at most.

So if that's the case, your team's D is in for a long day...

My favorite newbie? Guess that would be me, I am hopelessly biased when it comes to that.
Anyway, went to page 1 and it seems I left quite an impression, whopping 10 Dislikes. Maybe I should have said I am not confident at all or feeling pessimistic, those guys got some serious Agrees.
Seeing how you joined last week just prior to the Superbowl...you are pretty intuitive to assume that the reply attached to your post calling you a "newbie" is meant for you. Impressive. My initial feeling is that you are a troll. Please enlighten us ?as to which Superbowl win was your favorite and why

I respect your team, have no doubt about that. I am 55% Pats

Andy, how are you failing to grasp this? I'm talking about the dbs. Alford, Collins, poole, neal, and allen. They have been really good.

Where are defense us struggling is within the front seven. Run d, underneath passing. Deion jones is our best lber, 2nd round rookie, and honestly.. he struggles alot. Cambell is garbage in coverage.. these guys get beat up.

And I realize you guys refuse to accept this but it's not a myth that the Falcons held off very good offenses until they were up big. So yea, they are ranked below average in most categories, but most of that came in the last 8 minutes of the game

So if we're up by three scores in the fourth quarter, I can live with brady shredding our D in a losing effort

What I will say is that you seem to be itching for an argument. People here would love a good chat with a Falcon, but the passive aggressive comments do you no favours.

Let's talk football, matchups ect

Andy, how are you failing to grasp this? I'm talking about the dbs. Alford, Collins, poole, neal, and allen. They have been really good.
No they haven't. You can keep saying it but it doesn't become true. If I say Rob Ninkovich is a great DE it doesn't become true just because I say it.

Where are defense us struggling is within the front seven. Run d, underneath passing. Deion jones is our best lber, 2nd round rookie, and honestly.. he struggles alot. Cambell is garbage in coverage.. these guys get beat up.
That is not a good thing.

And I realize you guys refuse to accept this but it's not a myth that the Falcons held off very good offenses until they were up big. So yea, they are ranked below average in most categories, but most of that came in the last 8 minutes of the game

So if we're up by three scores in the fourth quarter, I can live with brady shredding our D in a losing effort
This is a tired old excuse. If you can't defend, you can't defend.
What happened in FIVE losses? Didn't try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes