Votes: 54 30.5%
  • 65 - 80% Chance Pats Win

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • 80%+ Chance Pats Win

Votes: 41 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am cautiously optimistic that we can win. I say that because our defense has never been this good (knock on wood :D) heading into the superbowl. I just hope ATL have any big surprises for us or jump onto a big lead and ruin the day for us. If we win the turnover battle and O-Line protects Brady I say we win.

I'm very confident but hell I always am. We are without a doubt the better team. But I imagine if we played the browns 100 times we wouldn't win everyone so there is some chance of losing but I don't think it's big.

Mostly our offense has me exceedingly confident. I'm sure this is not totally 100% true but every time I can ever remember our offense coming up short in the post season with Brady it's when we play move the chains, stay on schedule down and distance and leave 3rd and short. We have not done that this post season and I don't see use doing it Sunday. Getting chunk plays, throwing deep seam routes in 2nd and 7, etc is what to look for. Brady is unstoppable when we do that.

On the other side of you look at our playoff history since BB the majority of the losses come defending a team that is in pass only mode (2 minute, coming from behind etc).
Malcolm butler broke that curse but I think our offense will do so well Sunday that we will not be in a do or die 2 minute drive situation.

Cautiously optimistic. I believe the Patriots are the better overall team even if it's not decisively better, and obviously are more seasoned in the Super Bowl in the areas of the team that matter most. The better team should win.

55-45 to us, but i am weel aware the Atlanta Offense can go off and cause damage. What we need to avoid is them getting into a big lead so we become more 1D.

Not since Chicago has someone gone into an SB and you realise they are crap, it will rarely ever happen. It will be a hard game, let's go to war!

Not confident at all. These games, any game for that matter, can change on a dime and you end up chasing. I heard some Atlanta radio guy on yesterday w F&M. This guy was saying Atlanta plays tight, physical press man on the receivers. This scared the sh#t out of me, as we know teams that execute this well are the teams that give Brady fits.

Atlanta has speed at LB, so I have visions of Atlanta only rushing 3 or 4 all day, never blitzing, flooding that short zone between the #s, and using that 2010 divisional NYJ game plan. Do they have the DL and defensive talent w Bart Scott, Revis, Cromartie, Ellis, Pace, etc?

I can't take another close SB. Please, the Pats and their fans, are do a comfortable SB win after all the league put us through!

Not confident at all. These games, any game for that matter, can change on a dime and you end up chasing. I heard some Atlanta radio guy on yesterday w F&M. This guy was saying Atlanta plays tight, physical press man on the receivers. This scared the sh#t out of me, as we know teams that execute this well are the teams that give Brady fits.

Atlanta has speed at LB, so I have visions of Atlanta only rushing 3 or 4 all day, never blitzing, flooding that short zone between the #s, and using that 2010 divisional NYJ game plan. Do they have the DL and defensive talent w Bart Scott, Revis, Cromartie, Ellis, Pace, etc?

Unlike the 2010 Pats (who were not nearly as good as people wanted to believe) - this team has a running game. If they try that, Blount and Lewis will happily take chunks of 5-6+ yards at a time

If we win the turnover battle and O-Line protects Brady I say we win.
This part of the above post (qbno12) about sums up who wins imo.

One could classify them as "unpredictable". They have talent on the D but the question is can they perform as a team in a high-stake game like this since their individual talents are (far) below those of Carolina, Denver, Seattle, KC in previous years.

Their run defense is already suspect, so I hope they do that and give our backs a little more space after their undersized LBs get pancaked.

I'm an extreme pessimist (about everything) so that's your answer. Give me a minute and I can come up with another reason to worry. It can be anything from reading this morning the Falcons don't plan to blitz much (leading me to worry about an unknown Ryan type thing) to the NFL wanting the Falcons to win so they can open their new stadium on the Thursday night opener (of course MNF would work too). Anyway, I just make crap up because that's how I am.

Hoping for the best.

Before last year's SB I thought that if Denver jumped on to a good lead then their D is capable of holding Panthers and that's exactly what happened. I believe Denver was up 10-0 early and Panthers never recovered. I felt that Denver's D was playing great and also Panthers started getting nervous/uncomfortable playing on the big stage.

If we are up 14 pts early or lead by 14 pts heading into half time, I think pressure catches up on Falcons and they'll have a hard time recovering.

I'm an extreme pessimist (about everything) so that's your answer. Give me a minute and I can come up with another reason to worry. It can be anything from reading this morning the Falcons don't plan to blitz much (leading me to worry about an unknown Ryan type thing) to the NFL wanting the Falcons to win so they can open their new stadium on the Thursday night opener (of course MNF would work too). Anyway, I just make crap up because that's how I am.

Hoping for the best.

Well, unlike the 201o Pats, this team has a run game. If they come out in dime Blount will get yards in chunks (especially given the size of their ILBs).

I hate this narrative. We have not won every game ever, so every game becomes the point where we finally get figured out and everyone realizes we are easy to beat, you just have to do what they did in the 10% of games our offense played poorly.
First, Atlanta does not play tight physical press man coverage. They play the Seattle scheme. Second if they try to do that we will literally dominate them and probably score 50+. Why do you think teams don't all play man all day against us, since you seem to think we have no prayer against it? Because Brady finds the mismatch and destroys man.

If they rush 3 or 4, Brady will find the open receiver and pick them apart.

I can't take another close SB. Please, the Pats and their fans, are do a comfortable SB win after all the league put us through!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick