Votes: 54 30.5%
  • 65 - 80% Chance Pats Win

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • 80%+ Chance Pats Win

Votes: 41 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm too confident. i'm done getting scared. i guess monkey is off my back after we beat seattle. lol

and honestly, i won't even get mad if we lose. i'm just very proud of this team. getting this far without gronk?

I like this attitude. I wish I could maintain it but I'm Greedy and want this one for TB.

Confident our offense will put up 24+ points on their defense.

Concerned about our defense's ability to force them to kick FGs. Honestly I think I feel like every time we force them to kick a FG in the first half should be considered a win.

But no, I'm not confident because it's the Patriots in the SB which always means white knuckle time.

I'm as confident as the Rams were in 2002

unfortunately, I am also as confident as the Rams were in 2002
Wat8.jpg

lol, rams fans were confident in 2002, and rightfully so - no way they could lose, yet they did

i am confident that if both teams play to their ability, the patriots win......i think they score 30+, and as good as atlanta's offense is, i think the patriots D is good enough to hold them at 25 or under....

atlanta would have to play a perfect game and catch/create a few breaks, much like the pats in 2002

the difference being i don't think this pats TEAM is confident/****y like the rams were

i don't think we lose.....very confident of that

Fairly confident. Atlanta is a good team so obviously a loss is a real possibility but I'm more confident in this one than most of our SB's.

I keep hearing how 'fast' and 'young' this Atlanta D is.

To me, when you combine those two things against a BB coached team you get a D that simply runs itself out of position quicker than average.

The Pittsburgh D is much better than the Atlanta version - people should lose track of that just because we made their zone D our b*tch.

The Steelers D is better all the way from the front 7 to the back 4 - we'll run on the Atlanta front MUCH easier than we did against the Steelers (or Texans).

I don't disagree that we can use that to our advantage which I hinted at saying this is a SEA D without Sherman or Bennett, in other words that's a good advantage.

I don't agree their secondary is worse than Pitt, it's closer to a wash but I don't think too highly of Pitts secondary. I do think we may have more of an upside since we won't see a pure soft zone like Pitt and ATL is relying on a guy like Poole and Allen who are not elite talents to matchup with Tommy's ability to adjust a route and eat them up. You can also attack Neal if he's playing too shallow on over/deep routes crossing the field or send Hogan Or MM vertical and take a shot. Wheel routes might be good here too with our interior and underneath routes drawing so much attention. Better matchups for White and Lewis

That said the Steelers front 7 is better especially vs RBs and the run game so that's another area we need to exploit as you mentioned. Harder to do vs SEA. That said I don't want to see us run it to where they can attack down field and shoot gaps. Pass first and get them on their heels which will also help keep Poole out of the backfield (they used corner blitzes vs GB) and Neal from getting comfortable in run support. We can also just play action without running success early, Tom sells it so well and no one wants to be on their heels tackling LB.

I'm glad Tom has got a lot of experience vs this scheme and should be able to avoid the bad INTs.

I’m cautiously optimistic, as I like our experience in big games. Karma-wise, I’m a little worried that in the past year, the sports Gods have rewarded teams that rarely if ever win titles (Villanova bball, Cavs, Cubs, Clemson football).

In terms of nerves though, I am so much less nervous than I was 2 years ago. I thought there was immense pressure to win that one, as it gave Brady his elusive 4th ring, and ended the “no titles since Spygate” trash talk.

I told myself if we won SB 49, I’d consider anything past that gravy. So I’m trying to be more calm and relaxed about this game, and try to actually have fun watching it.

I was at a coin flip on championship weekend but have grown to be very confident the more I think about this game.

In fact, I thought about my confidence now and how it ranked to my confidence in other Super Bowls. I've concluded that I am the 3rd most confident with this Super Bowl of the 7 Brady has been in.

Ranking in order of confidence.........

1.) SB 42 vs NYG
2.) SB 38 vs CAR
3.) SB 51 vs ATL

As you can clearly see, they are 1-1 in the games I was more confident so we have concluded that my confidence factor means absolutely nothing.

In terms of nerves though, I am so much less nervous than I was 2 years ago. I thought there was immense pressure to win that one, as it gave Brady his elusive 4th ring, and ended the “no titles since Spygate” trash talk.

I told myself if we won SB 49, I’d consider anything past that gravy.

I agree 100%. Finally getting that 4th one has eased my concern for this game considerably. I still hope like heck to win, but it won't be as damaging if we hadn't already won the 4th.

I'm actually nervous before mostly every game for different reasons, as every game is different. ATL's offense will be a handful for the D. Can we force a turnover or two AND actually capitalize? Which pass rush will show up? Will our cover guys hold up in one-on-one situations? I could go on, but you get the point. They present a lot of problems and stress every aspect of the D.

But here's the thing, especially when people complain about BB letting certain people go or not signing certain high profile guys... just about every player on our D can play multiple positions and handle a number of different responsibilities. That should mean they have to substitute less (if the Falcons try to speed things up) and disguise more. It will be a great game to watch. That means so much more in a game like this should be.

But final answer is - It's the Super Bowl so my heart will be trying to come through my chest once the ball is kicked off and will likely remain that way until 0:00.

Heard all I needed to hear when Bill said on Monday night at media day, "These guys are ready." Got chills down my spine. Him? Saying that? Monday before Sunday game? Unbelievable.

Hay is in the barn 'fellas. Cue the haters.

Heard all I needed to hear when Bill said on Monday night at media day, "These guys are ready." Got chills down my spine. Him? Saying that? Monday before Sunday game? Unbelievable.

Hay is in the barn 'fellas. Cue the haters.
If I am not wrong I think he said something similar before superbowl 42/46 too

^^ Can't speak to those years ... only to what and the way he said it last night.

There is a vibe about the Pats this year that is different than before. There is a quiet confidence and determination about them. The grimness of last year (from all the injuries) is gone. I have told people that Atlanta is on a run, the Patriots are on a mission. I am very confident the Patriots are going to win.

Pretty confident, but all it takes is some fluke play or really bad mistake to flip a game. Also, I respect atlanta's offense. I'm definitely not over confident. I am fairly confident.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
After 2007 there is no feeling of confidence, ever. Do I think the Pats are better than the Falcons? I do. Better coaching, better defense, better ST, fairly comparable offenses.

One bad bounce and a 14-pt swing could happen, two bad bounces are very difficult to overcome. I think the Pats are the better team but that doesn't mean I'm at all confident.

Torch Atlanta to the ground!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents