PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Can the Pats Stop the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Unnecessary roughness. These days, the QB has to be basically in a running posture (with or without the ball) before you can tee off on him.

So they are basically setting the system where a player like this can succeed.

Like last year we need to get our run game going late in the year. Like KC the ravens can be had defensively with their run defense. I’d rather get them in Gillette but if it’s in Bmore I’d feel much better if we had that power run game to go with our defense.

The Ravens are like a superhero with one superpower. Find the kyptonite and the superhero becomes mortal. Up until today, the zone read has been their superpower and no o e has stopped it. I think Niners just showed the key to stopping the Ravens is to contain Lamar on the zone read by setting the edge and forcing the play up the middle.

Frankly, i have no idea why teams aren’t hitting Lamar every time they run that play. The outside defender should be instructed to never take the cheese and to always hit Lamar. You can’t get penalized for hitting a blocker on a running play.
16-101 rushing and a TD is "stopping" Jackson?

Yeah, this is what I thought. On every play you see the DE crash in and tackle the RB who does not have the ball. Instead, he should allow the inside guys to do their job and he should hammer the QB.

The only thing I wondered is if with the new stupid NFL rules, you are never allowed to hit the QB - even if he has the ball.

The rules appear “fluid.”

So they are basically setting the system where a player like this can succeed.

More the fact that QB's are more protected than ever. They are the economic drivers of this multi-billion dollar business.

I watched the entire game.

I didn't see anything the 49ers "showed" to anyone. THey did what everyone knows which is if you can win on an early down and get the Ravens into passing downs you have a good shot at stopping the offense because LJ is extremely inconsistent when he has to throw the ball.

Is Lamar your fantasy QB? Rest assured, every well coached team from here on in will be hitting Lamar every time they run the zone read.

I watched the entire game.

I didn't see anything the 49ers "showed" to anyone. THey did what everyone knows which is if you can win on an early down and get the Ravens into passing downs you have a good shot at stopping the offense because LJ is extremely inconsistent when he has to throw the ball.

What you saw and what Bill sees are two different things. You we don't care about, Bill we do.

Is Lamar your fantasy QB? Rest assured, every well coached team from here on in will be hitting Lamar every time they run the zone read.

Not again with his idiotic "hit the QB" strategy. I thought we have been through this garbage enough already.

Best chance is:

1. Another team takes them out.
2. Baltimore is ravaged with injuries when we play them.

Otherwise, this team has it all. Offense. Defense. Coaching. Hell they got a top 10 kicker in NFL history.

What you saw and what Bill sees are two different things. You we don't care about, Bill we do.

Bill will not learn anything from this game he didn't already know. "Contain LJ" is not some genius insight the 49ers produced.

The only thing to learn here is what not to do.

Bill will not learn anything from this game he didn't already know. The only thing to learn here is what not to do.

And BB may know what to do and his players may know what to do but they still may not do it! Players play.

A little hard game to judge as it was windy and pouring rain the entire time. Thought the 49ers defense generally played solid as LJ was "held" to about 200 total yards total. Ravens will definitely be a tough out but that is to be expected for anyone the Pats expect to see in the playoffs.

Best chance is:

Otherwise, this team has it all. Offense. Defense. Coaching. Hell they got a top 10 kicker in NFL history.
Here we go again with the chicken littles thinking we’ll never beat this years flavor of the month. Let’s see what BB does with Lamar the second time around. Rest assured, BB is not going to allow him to run free again.

And BB may know what to do and his players may know what to do but they still may not do it! Players play.

The thing everyone underestimates here is how much of this has to do with players getting enough reps at game speed against this kind of offense. You need to practice against it regularly. Otherwise it is way too easy to take one step too many upfield or trying to take on Lamar with a suboptimal angle.

Ultimately this game will not be about scheme but about how disciplined our defense will be and how much we can avoid mistakes.

Bill will not learn anything from this game he didn't already know. "Contain LJ" is not some genius insight the 49ers produced.

The only thing to learn here is what not to do.

I'm sure Bill can dissect the film better than you :rolleyes:

What is your point apart from being a douchebag ?

Please tell me what specifically in this game stood out to you as something "special" the 49ers did. IF you can't point to anything you better just shut up and let people with an actual opinion talk.

For once in your posting history say something of substance please.

Just go ahead and crown them
C21808B7-628E-4CA6-A376-0C40C5B2291D.jpeg

Best chance is:

I think the 49ers made some of the same mistakes as the Pats. So, he can focus on what the Pats did right or wrong and try to coach that up. I also think the weather conditions impacted this game as well.

The d line got whooped in the first matchup. If they play soft and not physical they will look bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes