PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Can the Pats Stop the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your point apart from being a douchebag ?

Please tell me what specifically in this game stood out to you as something "special" the 49ers did. IF you can't point to anything you better just shut up and let people with an actual opinion talk.

For once in your posting history say something of substance please.

TommyBrady adds a lot here IMO. Your stuff is good too. You guys can work this out nicely. This thread has been great so far, let’s keep it going.

The Patriots will play the Ravens in the playoffs and the Patriots will win.

If you gamble, this might be the best odds you get, time to place some futures bets.
They need to turn back the clock ‘04 style where they stifled the Steelers run game and made Big Ben a passer. I haven’t seen a team so frustrated as they were.

I still think the AFC is a 3 team race between the Ravens, Pats and Chiefs. Ravens are probably the best all around team, Chiefs the most dynamic and the Pats the smartest. Assuming things play to form these playoffs should be exciting.
The patriots have by far the best defense

TommyBrady adds a lot here IMO. Your stuff is good too. You guys can work this out nicely. This thread has been great so far, let’s keep it going.

This thread is 80% of rehashed stuff from 2 other threads we had in the last 4 weeks.

The other 20% are people either downplaying the Ravens or losing their **** over them. Nothing new has been said in here so far.. mostly because all has been said during the BYE already.

Hell you have jokers here who claim the 49ers who were borderline awful against the option today "showed" something.

I watched the entire game.

I didn't see anything the 49ers "showed" to anyone. THey did what everyone knows which is if you can win on an early down and get the Ravens into passing downs you have a good shot at stopping the offense because LJ is extremely inconsistent when he has to throw the ball.

Bill will not learn anything from this game he didn't already know. "Contain LJ" is not some genius insight the 49ers produced.

The only thing to learn here is what not to do.

What is your point apart from being a douchebag ?

Please tell me what specifically in this game stood out to you as something "special" the 49ers did. IF you can't point to anything you better just shut up and let people with an actual opinion talk.

For once in your posting history say something of substance please.

No I don't. This is the discussion you just decided to jump into and most probably didn't ****ing read up on. The person I was talking to said the 49ers "SHOWED" how to play the Ravens.

Again READ UP before you just jump in random conversations or you end up missing the context and will look like a clown.

Pretty clear you changed the goalposts from "anything" to "special."

Misleading. Wrong in your facts. And oblivious to the fact that I have been talking to him about this even before the entire debacle happened.

No, and Ian even called you out for being a douche. You instead of apologizing kept attacking him. And it wasn't a "debacle." It was just stupidity on your part. Common sense tells you if you ignore someone you will not see the threads they post and you should use the "ignored content" button just to make sure.

EDIT: And now that you realized you have egg on your face by just jumping in other people's conversations you just keep throwing disagrees around. Child at work.

Ok Boomer, is that why you threw around the genius button?

9ers killed them in outside zone runs with Mostert.

Last edited:
This thread is 80% of rehashed stuff from 2 other threads we had in the last 4 weeks.

The other 20% are people either downplaying the Ravens or losing their **** over them. Nothing new has been said in here so far.. mostly because all has been said during the BYE already.

Hell you have jokers here who claim the 49ers who were borderline awful against the option today "showed" something.

Disagree. Kens post in here was the post of the season so far IMO. Also good back and forth with Ring 6 (who is usually pretty weak but stepped his game up here) and others.

Pretty clear you changed the goalposts from "anything" to "special."

Lets make it slowfor people who seem to have issues with reading comprehension:

Up until today, the zone read has been their superpower and no o e has stopped it. I think Niners just showed the key to stopping the Ravens is to contain Lamar on the zone read by setting the edge and forcing the play up the middle.

That is what I have been responding to.

The reality is the 49ers were borderline bad against the option today. I have no idea what that posters saw through the game because setting the edge was something they were absolutely awful at for most of the game.

Saying "SHOWED THE KEY" is why i wrote "SOMETHING SPECIAL". If you want to fight over terminology instead of just realizing you had no clue what conversation you jumped into then go on continue.

Next time just don't be lazy as usual and if you start quoting people with douchebag replies go and read up the entire conversation chain.

The reality is the 49ers were borderline bad against the option today.
I agree. Bosa was really bad today getting beat repeatedly.

Disagree. Kens post in here was the post of the season so far IMO. Also good back and forth with Ring 6 (who is frequently pretty weak but stepped his game up here) and others.

It doesnt matter but you will find exactly the same content discussed already weeks ago in Ken's idle thoughts thread and the rewatch thread. The rest was the simplistic "hurr durr lets hit the QB" talk points and then people mocking it.

Whatever.. if the person who started this thread is too lazy to even go back one page to check out what conversations he just butts in I am not surprised he doesn't go back and just bumps up a pre-existing thread that already has most of the information he was allegedly interested in.

Lets make it slowfor people who seem to have issues with reading comprehension:

That is what I have been responding to.

The reality is the 49ers were borderline bad against the option today. I have no idea what that posters saw through the game because setting the edge was something they were absolutely awful at for most of the game.

Saying "SHOWED THE KEY" is why i wrote "SOMETHING SPECIAL". If you want to fight over terminology instead of just realizing you had no clue what conversation you jumped into then go on continue.

Next time just don't be lazy as usual and if you start quoting people with douchebag replies go and read up the entire conversation chain.

Except you changed it to "Bill can't take away anything from the game" in your response. You didn't write "special" until after I responded to you. What you write is what you write. I can't read your mind as to what you meant. It's silly to say for certainty that Bill won't find anything of value in the game, which is what my point is.

It doesnt matter but you will find exactly the same content discussed already weeks ago in Ken's idle thoughts thread and the rewatch thread. The rest was the simplistic "hurr durr lets hit the QB" talk points and then people mocking it.

Whatever.. if the person who started this thread is too lazy to even go back one page to check out what conversations he just butts in I am not surprised he doesn't go back and just bumps up a pre-existing thread that already has most of the information he was allegedly interested in.

Also my posts in this thread have been pretty fantastic, so don’t discount that.

Except you changed it to "Bill can't take away anything from the game" in your response. You didn't write "special" until after I responded to you. What you write is what you write. I can't read your mind as to what you meant. It's silly to say for certainty that Bill won't find anything of value in the game, which is what my point is.

Which is where context comes in. You apparently not reading up on how the conversation came to that point is on you not me. To get the full picture you just had to click a couple times. This is not a library in the 80s where you have to work yourself through pages manually.

There literally are links to the original quoted message in your posting.

Disagree. Kens post in here was the post of the season so far IMO. Also good back and forth with Ring 6 (who is usually pretty weak but stepped his game up here) and others.

Now that’s funny

Ravens have been faking injuries on D to slow the momentum on the opposition after big plays. They’ve done this in many games this season.

Disclaimer: I'm coming in cold here and have nothing to do with any previous post. Just MY observations.

I'm really bummed that I didn't watch more of this game (company kept me busy), but I did catch a few things that MIGHT provide a few clues to the Ravens offense.

1. If you are a player who is looking into the backfield vs this offense you are LOST! There is way too much misdirection. HOWEVER if you watch the linemen, especially the G's it SEEMED like they would take to the play side every time I watched.

2. There were certain formations and players that I would love to have an all 22 to watch. For example. When they line up with LJ in the shot gun and the 2 big TE's beside him, the play seemed to always run to Ricand's side.

3. It seemed like when they pulled a guard it was Yonda (and boy he's good at it) and the play was run to the opposite side he was on.

4. If I where coaching the LB's I would align them a yard deeper than normal because it is critical that the LB's attack the LOS at a 45 degree angle. If they go parallel to the LOS they will be ridden out of the play. They'd have to attack the LOS going downhill to make plays.

5. SF was in an even set most of the game with their DL aligning on the G's and T's They played their 3 LB's off the ball and usually inside the TE box. I would get my OLB's right on the LOS, so it would look like a 6 man front and align them either outside eye of the TE, or head on. If they split the end, then keep him on the LOS with keys on what to do.

6. Clearly I didn't see enough of the game to make any dramatic conclusions about this offense, BUT my sense is that there ARE keys that are there to be had, either by formation or personnel packages. I also think that this should be a primarily a man game, or at least man underneath game. The Ravens' receivers are good at finding holes in zones and you'd be playing into their hands by playing a lot of zone. Use it just enought to keep them on their toes, maybe 25%.

As for SF - there were 4 things that came to mind.

1. Loved JG's quick release. It was always what stood out to me the most when he was here.

2. Fred Warner is a GREAT LB. He covered as well as any LB I've seen this year and was just as tough on the run. What a 3rd round pick.

3. Raheem Mossart looked like an all pro today with 146 rushing yardage. It only goes to show you about RB's in the NFL. I was surprised to find he came into the league as an UDFA, and SF is the SEVENTH team he's spent time with since he came into the league in 2015, another NFL overnight success 5 years in the making.

I'm hoping if anyone gets chance to give us a link to this game, I can review it in detail and

Which is where context comes in. You apparently not reading up on how the conversation came to that point is on you not me. To get the full picture you just had to click a couple times. This is not a library in the 80s where you have to work yourself through pages manually.

There literally are links to the original quoted message in your posting.

When you write "anything," no one knows whether that means "special plays" or if you literally meant Bill can't take away "anything" from today's game. It could logically mean both in this situation, but I went with the plain language of your statement since I can't read your mind. Context doesn't help in this case.

Just another thought.

IF the Pats wanted to stay in their odd man alignment, I would want the Danny Shelton/Butler/Cowart NT mix to be moving in either slant or gap modes on every play. Which direction would depend on what the LB's see based on the personnel/formation/motion keys. The Ravens are now on their back up C and all of our NT's do better when they are on the move rather than 2 gapping.

Disclaimer: I'm coming in cold here and have nothing to do with any previous post. Just MY observations.

I'm really bummed that I didn't watch more of this game (company kept me busy), but I did catch a few things that MIGHT provide a few clues to the Ravens offense.

1. If you are a player who is looking into the backfield vs this offense you are LOST! There is way too much misdirection. HOWEVER if you watch the linemen, especially the G's it SEEMED like they would take to the play side every time I watched.

2. There were certain formations and players that I would love to have an all 22 to watch. For example. When they line up with LJ in the shot gun and the 2 big TE's beside him, the play seemed to always run to Ricand's side.

3. It seemed like when they pulled a guard it was Yonda (and boy he's good at it) and the play was run to the opposite side he was on.

4. If I where coaching the LB's I would align them a yard deeper than normal because it is critical that the LB's attack the LOS at a 45 degree angle. If they go parallel to the LOS they will be ridden out of the play. They'd have to attack the LOS going downhill to make plays.

5. SF was in an even set most of the game with their DL aligning on the G's and T's They played their 3 LB's off the ball and usually inside the TE box. I would get my OLB's right on the LOS, so it would look like a 6 man front and align them either outside eye of the TE, or head on. If they split the end, then keep him on the LOS with keys on what to do.

6. Clearly I didn't see enough of the game to make any dramatic conclusions about this offense, BUT my sense is that there ARE keys that are there to be had, either by formation or personnel packages. I also think that this should be a primarily a man game, or at least man underneath game. The Ravens' receivers are good at finding holes in zones and you'd be playing into their hands by playing a lot of zone. Use it just enought to keep them on their toes, maybe 25%.

1. Loved JG's quick release. It was always what stood out to me the most when he was here.

2. Fred Warner is a GREAT LB. He covered as well as any LB I've seen this year and was just as tough on the run. What a 3rd round pick.

3. Raheem Mossart looked like an all pro today with 146 rushing yardage. It only goes to show you about RB's in the NFL. I was surprised to find he came into the league as an UDFA, and SF is the SEVENTH team he's spent time with since he came into the league in 2015, another NFL overnight success 5 years in the making.

I'm hoping if anyone gets chance to give us a link to this game, I can review it in detail and

wait wait wait are you saying the ravens are incorporating the misdirection into their option??

Warner having DPOY type season.

That whole class was crazy good.

Smith 9.28
Edmunds 9.20 1st Rd
LVE 8.37 2nd Rd
Evans 8.30
Jefferson 8.26
Warner 8.13
Avery 8.09
Scales 8.04
Darius Leonard 8.01
Griffin 8.00
3rd Rd
J Carter 7.46
J Baker 7.44

Bentley was in that class I believe. Remember not having enough film on him. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but that's a great class for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft