PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Can the Pats Stop the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you understand the concepts of the 3-4. You act like it's a dime D
I think you're totally twisting this. I don't think the 3-4 they have manned is not built for the run. They need heavier personnel against the ravens

Why would I say dime with 6 defensive backs? Do you understand dime?

It’d be funny if a team like BUF knocked BAL out of the playoffs.

I'm confused. Thought Pats were playing Texans this week.
Why do we give a **** about the Ravens?

I'm confused. Thought Pats were playing Texans this week.
Why do we give a **** about the Ravens?
I know, 24 pages on a game that might not happen vs only 7 on the game this weekend

I think you're totally twisting this. I don't think the 3-4 they have manned is not built for the run. They need heavier personnel against the ravens

Why would I say dime with 6 defensive backs? Do you understand dime?
You implied 3-4 can't stop the run.

Guy Shelton Butler is plenty big for a front and their technique and stoutness is fine

The LBs are plenty big and stout both on the edge and on the inside.

Their issue vs BAL was not size. It was indecisiveness

Guy Shelton Butler is plenty big for a front and their technique and stoutness is fine

I disagree... Their two tightends Boyle and Andrews make it tough... Boyle is 270... Then add two way player Ricard who is their full back and that's slot of beef. Plus if they run Jackson Ingram is another blocker.

They're basically running goal line at times and you think the 3-4 is going to stop it? Plus our two gap players are average. We are not talking Seymour and Warren. They've done a good job hence the ratings if this defense but the ravens are an abnormal offense do you need an abnormal defense

I do think they were outweighed with those 1 wr sets the Ravens put out.

Plus the ravens chewed somuchclock. The heavy guys wear down your safeties

Last edited:
That's amazing that a human being would give up a seat closer to the front to another human being with a torn ACL sustained from protecting him.

Sorry, not trying to hate on Jackson, he does seem like a good character guy, but I just think it's funny how the bar for celebrity behavior is so low that this act that 99.9% of people would perform is described as "unreal."
I’m from NYC; you’d be surprised :rolleyes:

Let's be serious, you can't stop the Ravens offense enough to beat them, without your own offense scoring a bunch of points. The Patriots scoring has been trending downward the last 6 games from 35 to 13 pts.
vs NYG: W35-14
@ NYJ: W33-0
vs CLE: W27-13
@ BAL: L37-20
@ PHI: W17-10
vs DAL: W13-9

First we need to see if Pats reverse this trend in the next 2 games, now that the OL and WR excuses are supposedly resolved. Then and only then can we venture to begin to guess what the Pats may need to do to beat them if and when they meet again.

This is still November. Let's pick up this discussion in January

Let's be serious, you can't stop the Ravens offense enough to beat them, without your own offense scoring a bunch of points. The Patriots scoring has been trending downward the last 6 games from 35 to 13 pts.
vs NYG: W35-14
@ NYJ: W33-0
vs CLE: W27-13
@ BAL: L37-20
@ PHI: W17-10
vs DAL: W13-9

First we need to see if Pats reverse this trend in the next 2 games, now that the OL and WR excuses are supposedly resolved. Then and only then can we venture to begin to guess what the Pats may need to do to beat them if and when they meet again.
5 games to fix it or they're gonna get bounced. I think they can do it. Weather not a factor this week. Was against Dallas.. Philly.. Cleveland to name a few

5 games to fix it or they're gonna get bounced. I think they can do it. Weather not a factor this week. Was against Dallas.. Philly.. Cleveland to name a few
I'm only interested in the next 2 games against real teams (+Bills). Pats were scoring 30+ pts avg against the non-playoff teams. I never thought they would be held to 13 pts even after all the WR fiascos. To me this is more worrisome than how to stop the Ravens offense.

I'm only interested in the next 2 games against real teams (+Bills). Pats were scoring 30+ pts avg against the non-playoff teams. I never thought they would be held to 13 pts even after all the WR fiascos. To me this is more worrisome than how to stop the Ravens offense.
How many of those points came from the defense or special teams or from a turnover to set up great field position

Ravens are killing odd fronts too easy rn. Not saying it can't work but rn the Ravens are exposing the gaps/space no matter the 34 look.

Duo, power/iso/lead if you're aligned in 3T.

Sweep/Toss, OZ/Split zone if you're in 4/5T.

I was thinking back to the SB & even before that, regarding the 6/5 X 1. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see that again.
Just like against LAR make it 1 on 1 up front. Control your gaps, be aggressive & mix it up on passing.
Key is & again I mentioned this in the ravens rewatch. Getting down early was a killer against them. Will be for everyone. That played a huge role in the way the rest of the game shaped up & played out.

Back to the 6/5 X 1. We had a LB in the middle against LAR. Can't remember JJ in there but I'm curious if Bill would ever go that way at times for LJ? Clearly favoring speed > power, its a risk but you'd have one of the fastest guys on the field east/west to take away the sidelines. Regardless we have enough Lbs to make it work but fun idea.

Hhmm at times we'll use a "tracker" during a blitz, tracker will blitz after a delay and we purposely flushed LJ out a few times last game.

I'm curious if we try to flush him more using those tactics or a combined effort of sorts w a guy like JJ chasing him down.

That might be a way to make LJ take some hits? You're forcing him to scramble, abandon the ball, obviously hold the ball & possible take some heat.

Thank goodness for our secondary. It really allows us to be flexible. Amazing how deep we are there.

I disagree... Their two tightends Boyle and Andrews make it tough... Boyle is 270... Then add two way player Ricard who is their full back and that's slot of beef. Plus if they run Jackson Ingram is another blocker.

They're basically running goal line at times and you think the 3-4 is going to stop it? Plus our two gap players are average. We are not talking Seymour and Warren. They've done a good job hence the ratings if this defense but the ravens are an abnormal offense do you need an abnormal defense

I do think they were outweighed with those 1 wr sets the Ravens put out.

Plus the ravens chewed somuchclock. The heavy guys wear down your safeties
Bringing down Simon and KVN immediately makes it a 5 man front.

Either way I think we'd agree the NEP are going heavier than a few weeks ago.

Happy Tday

Interesting video by a youth coach:

I know, 24 pages on a game that might not happen vs only 7 on the game this weekend

Everyone knows it will be Pat's vs Ravens in January, and our super bowl berth depends on beating them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes