PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower out for the year with a torn pec

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not a single offensive threat left on the schedule until week 15. Let him rest until he can come back at full strength.

How do they not know the extent by now if it happened Sunday? Sprain?

There's not a single offensive threat left on the schedule until week 15. Let him rest until he can come back at full strength.
Every opponent is a threat. But yes, bringing him back too early could be counterproductive over the long haul.

Hi seems to be the anti-Bruschi as regards joint integrity. Where Bru could suffer incredible distortions and spring back like Gumby, Hi is more like an overcooked slow-roast chicken.

Hopefully the “bit longer” is the bye week. That said shoulder issues for him are a huge concern.

Hightower is a tough player who plays through pain so he could defy the current injury timetable.

Every opponent is a threat. But yes, bringing him back too early could be counterproductive over the long haul.

He obviously won't be out until week 15, or anywhere near then, but my point was that given the offenses left until the Steelers game, he doesn't need to be rushed back.

Hightower is a tough player who plays through pain so he could defy the current injury timetable.

Depending on the shoulder injury, it might not just be pain, but impingement which sometimes makes one unable to lift their arms at random times...or most of the time, depending on the extent of the injury.

This guy is so injury prone, absolutely unreliable.

Very frustrating to say the least...another one where you can say...Imagine if he stayed healthy? We say it for Gronk all the time..now I say it for him as well

How do we know that that's precisely what he has been doing--until now he cannot any longer. May he get the time off he needs in order to be more effective later.

I like HT. He's made big plays for us to win the super bowl and if this was Super Bowl weekend I'm sure he would have gutted it out. Every team can beat us but if you look at the long picture that's when we need him the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back