PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower Opts Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for out newest quarterback signing

c21f8170463389d2980743254b575c26.jpg

The difference is there is a pandemic. UDFA's are not immune to the pandemic.
That’s not the point. They will be more willing to play considering it’s their only opportunity to make it in the league. Hightower’s made his money and will continue to do so next year.

Why do you act like every single person who gets this virus dies? Why can’t people like you at least be honest about it? I don’t get what this kind of dialogue proves.

Why is the alternative arguing? Not what I said at all. I said that just exclaiming "not gonna be a season!" without any further dialogue is silly. This is a forum after all - talking about why you think that and having a discussion with your fellow members is the whole point. Just making a big claim and leaving does the opposite of that.
Seriously. This is a FOOTBALL forum. If you don’t think there’s any point in discussing football because “there won’t be a season” go do something else with your time. Why post here?

That’s not the point. They will be more willing to play considering it’s their only opportunity to make it in the league. Hightower’s made his money and will continue to do so next year.

Why do you act like every single person who gets this virus dies? Why can’t people like you at least be honest about it? I don’t get what this kind of dialogue proves.

Why do you act like death is the only result of this virus that matters? Plenty of people are having heart problems, lung problems, strokes, organ damage AFTER “recovery”. You want to take that chance for yourself you go right ahead. But you damn well better make sure you don’t make that choice for someone else.

How does this play out for next season?

Are players who opt out of this seasons contracts pushed out to next year?

Example....
Is Hightower’s 2020 contract pushed out to 2021?

A little more simple to pull off when your country doesn't turn wearing a mask into a political battle.

Yup, the rest of the civilized world treated this as a public health issue... but good ole MURICA turned it, surprise surprise, into a political one like we do with EVERYTHING, because america suffers from one of the most terrifying pandemics of all... politics

It's about everyone wearing masks and social distancing. Me being honest, LOL. My point is everyone is susceptible to the virus. They may not die. Although, there is a good chance someone else will when they transmit the virus. Sorry for your inconvenience, but everyone has to comply.

Everyone right now is reassessing with what happened with the Marlins.

But hell, I just watched the Premier Season and Serie A go off without hitch. I am jealous of the Europeans who somehow pulled off a sports season. They are definitely going to have soccer this fall too.
I don’t want to fall into a long debate, but « somehow » ? Haha. Outside of the US, most countries had the patience to wait until it was safe to reopen. New Zealand has packed stadiums to watch rugby, Iceland is operating close to normal. Where I live we just hit 13 days in a row with no cases and have zero active.

It’s not « somehow ». Listen to the experts and follow their lead.

I don’t want to fall into a long debate, but « somehow » ? Haha. Outside of the US, most countries had the patience to wait until it was safe to reopen. New Zealand has packed stadiums to watch rugby, Iceland is operating close to normal. Where I live we just hit 13 days in a row with no cases and have zero active.

It’s not « somehow ». Listen to the experts and follow their lead.
This country is dumb and you had a leader who cheerleader for governors who didn’t listen to experts.

Literally the rest of the world is laughing at us

This country is dumb and you had a leader who cheerleader for governors who didn’t listen to experts.

Our provincial Health leader, Dr Strang is plain-spoken and very well respected. Instead of getting insulted and ridiculed, I’d say almost everyone here feels bad he needs to put in so many hours. He told us what we needed to do and we mostly all complied. He is the one who has press conferences and does most of the speaking while our political leader sits nearby.

Sometimes Drs need to change recommendations according to new data. I think that is reasonable.

I wish you luck.

Sometimes Drs need to change recommendations according to new data. I think that is reasonable.

It is not only reasonable but really the only scientific way.

You give the advice that reflects what is known at that specific point of time. Then additional research is conducted which improves the understanding and sometimes leads to changes in recommendations. That doesn't mean the initial recommendation was a mistake.

No, no everyone dies. But extremely healthy young men in prime physical condition can end up with heart problems. See E Rod on the Sox. It can also have an impact on the respiratory system for several months after 'recovery' which doesn't seem optimal for playing football.

Yup, the rest of the civilized world treated this as a public health issue... but good ole MURICA turned it, surprise surprise, into a political one like we do with EVERYTHING, because america suffers from one of the most terrifying pandemics of all... politics
Yep. Everybody did.

It is not only reasonable but really the only scientific way.

You give the advice that reflects what is known at that specific point of time. Then additional research is conducted which improves the understanding and sometimes leads to changes in recommendations. That doesn't mean the initial recommendation was a mistake.

literally what science is

take your sub-mongoloidal political takes where they belong ...the politics thread.

If NFL thinks they're going to have a season, they are delusional. MLB couldn't even make it 1 weekend before the wheels are starting to fall off. So High is just ahead of the game. Covid sucks.

You mean it's... Not a hoax?

211-2113980_surprised-pikachu-meme-hd-png-download.png

NBA and NHL did it right with the bubbles, so they'll be fine. Champs will be crowned in both sports.
MLB, no bubble, remains to be seen. I'm highly skeptical they'll finish their abbreviated season.
NFL, no bubble, is in much more danger than MLB. Twice the players. Twice the coaching staffs.
And much more close contact. 9-10 ol/do breathing in each other's faces on every play. DBS and wrs/tes/rbs doing the same. What about pileups?
I want a season but I'm a realist.
Ain't gonna be much of a season.
W/o even mentioning another big wave coming some time in fall/winter?

Hightower and Chung don't have that many seasons left. Add the difficulty of taking a season off.

It's likely that they won't be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye