PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower "GOAT hunt"

You mean the same coach that’s been accused of cheating multiple times?

He took a massive beating from the media this season having his worst season since 2000.

It’s quite bizarre Bill wouldn’t extend him before the 2019 without any plan in place. It would’ve made more sense if Jimmy was on the roster. But, we’ve seen Bill do this many times before.

I think it was more like their relationship ran it’s course and it was time for both parties to move on.

That’s impossible as the site was created in 2000 so you would’ve been 17-18 years old. We are the same age so we were Seniors in High School back then.
It might of been a different messageboard for Pats I think Patriots.com used to have a messageboard.
My mistake

Highly doubt Brady is doing steroids. If it ever comes out that he is... his legacy is done.
So is Belichick’s. If Brady was using them it’s silly to think he wasn’t using them in NE and Bill didn’t know.

I don’t see what the upside is for Pats fans to even contemplate such a thing.

So is Belichick’s. If Brady was using them it’s silly to think he wasn’t using them in NE and Bill didn’t know.

I don’t see what the upside is for Pats fans to even contemplate such a thing.

It’s almost like Brady has some secret formula for his diet and nutrition. Imagine if he specifically tried to tell everyone what he was doing in order to play this long? But naaahhh….it must be steroids.

I had a friend tell me about the Guerrero A Rod link.
If that is wrong I truly apologize.
That was Angel Presinal not Alex Guerrero. Guerrero was not associated to MLB players as far as I know.

The NFL is aware of TB12 and Guerrero. Belichick had more of an issue with Brady and Pats players working with Guerrero than the league does.

I just hope one day Tom will get over these incendiary comments. My god, Hightower is going to pay for these horrible, offensive words. Do you think Bill will release him or just suspend him 6-8 games?

View attachment 33606
I love Hightower's quote. Perfect combo of respect and competitiveness. I have to think the entire Pats D wants to see what they can do to Brady in a real game. And of course likewise for Brady.

I imagine its just another game to Brady, I mean he won the superbowl last year, he really does not have much to prove anymore. I doubt the players on the Patriots hate Brady near as much as some fans do, but they are going to play just like he is. Its not really bullitin board material.

I doubt this. Unless they're not human with human emotions, Brady and Belichick internally are looking at this game a little differently than 'any other game'.

Same with players like Hightower and DMac who've played with Brady for so long. They've played together for a long time, there's gonna be some extra motivation to beat their buddy.

I LOVE it. I would love to see like 10,000 fans in this T-shirt when TB comes to visit.
I love Hightower's quote. Perfect combo of respect and competitiveness. I have to think the entire Pats D wants to see what they can do to Brady in a real game. And of course likewise for Brady.
F*** yeah! I mean, that's what makes it really fun, the fact that, professional as they are, only one team can be better, only 1 guy can "win the matchup" on any given play, etc. Competitiveness. What would be great is if, I know it's a big if these days... if we came out of that game 4-0 & ascending into the "for real" category based on what we just did to the big bad TB Bucs.

I really hope this Pats team is ready to compete in this game. With all the hype and drama it would be nice if the game was competitive.

First of all, nothing Hightower said is all that crazy. Guys like High are extreme competitors. They HAVE to be, to last in the league for 10+ years, and a little extra in his case taking a year off and still wanting to come back and put your body through that again. Gronk gets that respect from me too. There were probably moments for both guys when they thought, "Man, it would just be easy to keep doing this forever now..." Donta wants to beat Tom Brady, like he wants to be everybody he plays, but I'm sure there's a little extra in there because it's someone he's known for his entire NFL career. Plus, you measure yourself against the best, and there's no bigger bragging right in the NFL right now than, "I beat Tom Brady."

Second, on Brady's "transformation", I don't think it's at all unreasonable or unexpected for a player in his 40's (which is unprecedented to begin with) to have different priorities and different goals than he had in his 20's. I'm roughly Brady's age, give or take a few, and I know that what was important to me 15 years ago is very different from what is important to me now. That doesn't make anything Brady said or did in his time in New England a lie, or disingenuous, or anything like that. When he was the perfect soldier under Belichick, it seemed genuinely important for him to do that. Then, after two decades in the league, he had his own opinions on how things should be done, and they clashed with the much older Belichick who had close to double Brady's lifetime to solidify his own methods. The two were at odds, and Brady did what was best for him and his family, which is what he should do.

There's no need to find villains in any of these story lines, other than to mitigate offseason boredom.

First of all, nothing Hightower said is all that crazy. Guys like High are extreme competitors. They HAVE to be, to last in the league for 10+ years, and a little extra in his case taking a year off and still wanting to come back and put your body through that again. Gronk gets that respect from me too. There were probably moments for both guys when they thought, "Man, it would just be easy to keep doing this forever now..." Donta wants to beat Tom Brady, like he wants to be everybody he plays, but I'm sure there's a little extra in there because it's someone he's known for his entire NFL career. Plus, you measure yourself against the best, and there's no bigger bragging right in the NFL right now than, "I beat Tom Brady."

Second, on Brady's "transformation", I don't think it's at all unreasonable or unexpected for a player in his 40's (which is unprecedented to begin with) to have different priorities and different goals than he had in his 20's. I'm roughly Brady's age, give or take a few, and I know that what was important to me 15 years ago is very different from what is important to me now. That doesn't make anything Brady said or did in his time in New England a lie, or disingenuous, or anything like that. When he was the perfect soldier under Belichick, it seemed genuinely important for him to do that. Then, after two decades in the league, he had his own opinions on how things should be done, and they clashed with the much older Belichick who had close to double Brady's lifetime to solidify his own methods. The two were at odds, and Brady did what was best for him and his family, which is what he should do.

There's no need to find villains in any of these story lines, other than to mitigate offseason boredom.
Sir ...
... this board isn't always kind about context.

Bulletin Board Material?! I'm sure Hightower has some material based on everyone giving Brady 100% of the credit for Patriots super bowl wins after last year.

Bulletin board material is awesome for fans and buildup but completely irrelevant to the outcome.
Everyone says this but as evidenced by my beer league volleyball experience, trash talk makes you play with a bit more of an edge

I really hope this Pats team is ready to compete in this game. With all the hype and drama it would be nice if the game was competitive.
That is my priority too.
Although optimistic about 2021 Pats, they will face the SB Champs with GOAT TFB. Our QB situation is not confidence inspiring. I'm doubtful Cam can throw and it's asking too much of a rookie QB.
As much as I like Tom, I do not want to see the Pats look bad. Early season Patriots teams often underachieve.

Early season Patriots teams often underachieve

This is, I think, the biggest reason for pessimism about the game. Even if Cam is great or Mac hits the ground at full speed, you're talking about 4 new starters at the skill positions that have never played together before, and none of them with the current QB's either. Conversely, you have Tom Brady with the same exact supporting cast. That kind of thing favors Tampa Bay heavily in the first month of the season. The defense will have to play a great game to give us a chance I think, we're not winning a shootout. Thankfully there, I do trust BB to draft a good gameplan. Whether it can be executed for 60 minutes or not is another question, but it won't be because they don't know what they SHOULD do.

True but stupid since context is everything.
BGC- I'd amend your statement to "some on this board who are either/or misinformed, uninformed or have a neurotic agenda" arent always kind about context. And they're a minority, although a very vocal one. Not to mention irritating.

BGC- I'd amend your statement to "some on this board who are either/or misinformed, uninformed or have a neurotic agenda" arent always kind about context. And they're a minority, although a very vocal one. Not to mention irritating.
No this board is pissah for the most part. There are a few who are here who would F up a picnic though.

I see it going just like the Chiefs game last year. Outmatched big time on paper but Pats still hang around for most of the game Brady forced into a mistake or two but Tampa still wins comfortably since we don't have the QB to answer.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back