PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower "GOAT hunt"

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ok, so High got quoted as saying something like "It'll be good to see 12 again," and responded to a followup with "Oh you mean like soft sacking him or something? Nah."

And of course, it got paired with headlines about "GOAT hunting" etc.

So anyway...

1. I dont like bulletin board material, but who cares. It wasn't, some editor made it into bulletin board material, by now I am sure Brady is having a "no respect fest" in Tampa where he calls Gronk and they go "Wasssuppppp" like 20 times and then talk about it and how they are gonna just run over the Pats like they used to in practice then they both call all the other Bucs and go "Waassssupppp" like 10 times with a couple of older guys but then start talking to Bucs not yet born when that commercial was on and then stop doing it, but then get into this big "oh it's on" thing

2. my main reason for posting - I kind of like that it's out there. Yeah yeah freakin Old Man Winter Because Thats When the Super Bowl is can whine about how we still don't respect him or whatevah and make us his red white and silver and blue whale all he wants, I mean, he can only get so amped. It's not like he'll need the extra nudge.

I kinda like the idea that High's got to have the defense ready to go to work that much more

3. Oh how I'd love to see Brady brutalized (but note, not injured, don't read me as hoping for that except secretly oops not even then don't even joke about it.)

Now to be clear, he did what he shoulda done, the Pats did what they shoulda done, their interests, as they saw them, simply diverged. You move on. But this will be him vs. us. I think when the Pats come out of the tunnel the PA guy should say "Preferring to kick your ass as a team, the 2021 New England Patriots"

Okay that is all. Not an information rich post. Just how I feel after reading a couple articles on this "GOAT hunting" thing

I imagine its just another game to Brady, I mean he won the superbowl last year, he really does not have much to prove anymore. I doubt the players on the Patriots hate Brady near as much as some fans do, but they are going to play just like he is. Its not really bullitin board material.

I think the team will be plenty motivated to try and shut TB (and TB lol) down. All the talk that Brady alone made this team win and everyone else was just along for the ride and they’re nothing without him. I can’t imagine that is being taken well by the players and Im sure they’ll have a lot to prove just like Brady himself will.

Unfortunately if Cam is starting it probably won’t matter much what they do or don’t do to Brady and that offense.

I think the team will be plenty motivated to try and shut TB (and TB lol) down. All the talk that Brady alone made this team win and everyone else was just along for the ride and they’re nothing without him. I can’t imagine that is being taken well by the players and Im sure they’ll have a lot to prove just like Brady himself will.

Unfortunately if Cam is starting it probably won’t matter much what they do or don’t do to Brady and that offense.
Brady never said that, but I can tell you, that was said about him plenty. Brady was a huge part of why this team did what it did for 20 years, and he was doing it before most of them were even here. They already know that. I have never heard a single person say Brady did anything alone nor has he ever said it, so not sure what their motivation is. Most have said Brady was carried, but they got tired of saying by who because Brady was the lone player from the start to the finish.

Bulletin board material is awesome for fans and buildup but completely irrelevant to the outcome.

Bulletin board material is awesome for fans and buildup but completely irrelevant to the outcome.
This. I mean, am I to believe this is the first team that wanted to beat Brady? lol. No, we are really going to try because some media guy said Brady was the reason we won. lol. Yeah not sure thats the case. Players try every game. There is nothing the patriots are going to have that Brady's has not seen and faced about 500 times. Its an out of conference game that will mean more to ESPN than it will to anything these two teams do.

Brady has played for 20 years and has regularly gotten into trash talking fits that came close to fist fight with legit psychos like Terrell Suggs and James Harrison. He will probably laugh about this.

I like the Brady of 10-15 years ago much more than the one of today..

Not to denigrate his football skills, but his continual need to advertise TB12 at any opportunity is boring.

He is morphing into the trap that many rich and famous folks fall into, any publicity is good publicity.

OTOH never understood that if you & wife have made more money than you ever could spend, why not just travel, play golf and enjoy your family.

I hope he gets to walk away from the NFL instead of being wheeled away, but I also hope we beat Tampa...

I imagine its just another game to Brady, I mean he won the superbowl last year, he really does not have much to prove anymore. I doubt the players on the Patriots hate Brady near as much as some fans do, but they are going to play just like he is. Its not really bullitin board material.
I honestly cannot guess whether/how much these motivator things work, but I'd love to see him taking snaps from the fetal position by the end of the night. And no, I don't hate him. I don't know him. I just realize it was really dumb to think he's anything better than a good employee of the team I liked. But I guess that's why people are fans, so we can feel the feels without actually having a war or something.

I honestly cannot guess whether/how much these motivator things work, but I'd love to see him taking snaps from the fetal position by the end of the night. And no, I don't hate him. I don't know him. I just realize it was really dumb to think he's anything better than a good employee of the team I liked. But I guess that's why people are fans, so we can feel the feels without actually having a war or something.
Honestly seeing Tom in Tampa shows me he was always about his brand he’s not Troy Brown, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Deion Branch, Devin Mccourty, I think Tom used to be but incredible success and a international super star wife made him think it was the New England Tom’s.
He’s not the team first guy we always felt he was.
That’s my grudge I was lead to believe for years that Tom was all about the flying Elvis snd Belichick was the Yoda to his Luke.
This new Tom makes me sick and honestly I’m not a Brady fan I’m a Patriots fan.
I would love nothing more than Tampa Bay loses every game this season and the reason being a Brady back breaking INT on final drives.

Remember now, Tom Brady ran all the way down the field to get in a big-mouthed DB's face after throwing a TD against him.

Honestly seeing Tom in Tampa shows me he was always about his brand he’s not Troy Brown, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Deion Branch, Devin Mccourty, I think Tom used to be but incredible success and a international super star wife made him think it was the New England Tom’s.
That’s my grudge I was lead to believe for years that Tom was all about the flying Elvis snd Belichick was the Yoda to his Luke.
I would love nothing more than Tampa Bay loses every game this season and the reason being a Brady back breaking INT on final drives.

Rodney Harrison was one of the dirtiest players in league history but you love him because he wore the laundry. Belichick dumped Deion Branch because he dared ask for money being a teams number 1 receiver. And sure he was brought back, probably to mollify Brady because Bill traded Moss. (Which was the correct decision btw). Are you someone who booed Adam V for being disloyal when he left because Belichick wouldn’t give him a fair deal?

Btw you know much less about these players life’s and personalities than you do Brady. Also you might be shocked but how most players support other players over management. Why is loyalty in the NFL one way? If a player isn’t loyal to the team then they’re burned and pillaged but the team can cut anyone at any time or trade someone to football Siberia and Bill does this more than anyone and is APPLAUDED EVERY TIME.

Glad to see you’ve stopped baselessly accusing TB12 of steroid use and have settled for embarrassing drivel similar to what you’d find on a Steelers board.

I like how he left out such key first dynasty contributors who left on bad terms like Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, Ted Johnson, and Richard Seymour. I guess they didn’t bleed red silver and blue and wear flying Elvis pajamas so screw them.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back