PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's how clueless Tom Curran is

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

He predicted 10-11 wins and said the 2023 patriots are a good football team.
This is the supposed football and patriots expert.

"I'm bullish on the Patriots in 2023. They're going to win 10, 11 or maybe even 12 games. They're going to be a good football team."

Many of us had the pats for 6 or less wins and 1000% knew they would be very very bad this year.
So I do not think Curran knows what he is talking about. How the he'll could he not see this train wreck coming down the tracks

To be fair not a lot of us on the board saw it happening the way it did, most thought Mac would take a step forward with Obie and the defense was good. Who saw us losing our best two players on defense so quickly. Maybe we have two more wins without the injuries on defense, but it wasn't unreasonable to think Mac would be better this year than he has. I thought they could win 9-10 but I don't write for a living, so I don't get singled out for being off.

"I'm bullish on the Patriots in 2023. They're going to win 10, 11 or maybe even 12 games. They're going to be a good football team."

Many of us had the pats for 6 or less wins and 1000% knew they would be very very bad this year.
So I do not think Curran knows what he is talking about. How the he'll could he not see this train wreck coming down the tracks
He misjudged the QB

Because he was too scared to say what he really thought. He only waits to pour it on the Pats when someone else says it first like Volin did.

Some character said that the Pats would be 2024 AFCE Champs.

I predicted we finished last and said I didn’t see enough offense I had us at 4 and 13 3 and 14 I think I said I only see a handful of winnable games.

When the offense was struggling so bad in camp and preseason I knew it was going to be a long year.

If you thought the Pats would have 2 wins by Thanksgiving, you need to start picking stocks.

I didn’t think this would be a good year…even I didn’t think it would be what we’ve seen.

I thought the engine would sputter, and we’d realize it was time for a trade-in.

I didn’t expect the wheels to fall off, and the vehicle to completely catch fire.

Just a historically bad downturn.

If you thought the Pats would have 2 wins by Thanksgiving, you need to start picking stocks.

I didn’t think this would be a good year…even I didn’t think it would be what we’ve seen.

I thought the engine would sputter, and we’d realize it was time for a trade-in.

I didn’t expect the wheels to fall off, and the vehicle to completely catch fire.

The way I saw it there was no position upgraded.
If you don’t evolve you die.
I felt the biggest thing missing aside from a QB was a pass catching back, all the great pats teams had them we didn’t.

Receiver we didn’t have the number 1 or really number 2 guy.
O Line did we make a fortress for our QB?
Nope we threw short money at some free agents and drafted late.
Did Macs arm and mechanics improve?
Nope
Did we get Gronk and Hernandez production from the tight ends?
nope linebackers and safeties are a lot faster and stronger now.

Recipe for a nightmare on offense.

Throw in Gonzalez and Judon going down along with Mccourty retiring and Bryant seeing the field I give you the 2023 Patriots record.

Yeah I said 8 which will obviously be way off (unless....?) (just kidding)

Kudos to those who pegged a collapse, unless of course you predict a collapse every year, in which case you just got lucky once. Will have to make sure to have that thread every season

Lotta people thought that the BoB switch was gonna bring back at least the first year of Mac's success. I think I managed to convince myself a few times, but couldn't really articulate why I thought that, ultimately ended up hoping for 5~6 wins. Dolphins will still be stout, the Bills might be trending downward but are still a team that is never easy, and the Jets might just have a competent QB next year.

Until the East becomes drastically less competitive, or until we get a new QB and offense, I expect much of the same. The East is no longer a sure-fire 4-6 wins. It's as difficult as it has been in a while. This is also at the point where we have our worst team of the past two decades lmao.

Yeah I said 8 which will obviously be way off (unless....?) (just kidding)

Kudos to those who pegged a collapse, unless of course you predict a collapse every year, in which case you just got lucky once. Will have to make sure to have that thread every season
I had 8-9 but most of us thought if this, that, and the other thing broke our way we might have hit 10 wins.

Clearly those went the other way and the things we were counting on such as Mac stabilizing and not cratering.

I like Curran. The main reason he was bullish was that he thought with Patricia/Judge gone and O’Brien taking over that the O and Mac would take a big step forward. He does his podcast with Phil Perry and Perry had been saying for a long time that they have inadequate skill position talent. Curran thought they had enough. Curran was wrong and he admits it.

The way I saw it there was no position upgraded.
If you don’t evolve you die.
I felt the biggest thing missing aside from a QB was a pass catching back, all the great pats teams had them we didn’t.

Receiver we didn’t have the number 1 or really number 2 guy.
O Line did we make a fortress for our QB?
Nope we threw short money at some free agents and drafted late.
Did Macs arm and mechanics improve?
Nope
Did we get Gronk and Hernandez production from the tight ends?
nope linebackers and safeties are a lot faster and stronger now.

Recipe for a nightmare on offense.

Throw in Gonzalez and Judon going down along with Mccourty retiring and Bryant seeing the field I give you the 2023 Patriots record.
CT Pats fan which part do you disagree with?

Man Is Incapable Of Accurately Predicting The Future

Film at 11.

48.5% Curran's choir here in the forum :rofl:

Last edited:
Because he was too scared to say what he really thought. He only waits to pour it on the Pats when someone else says it first like Volin did.
When your an honorary member of the kraft family.. you tend to not bite the hands that feeds you so to speak. Curran has been around the team since 97. So he's respected. He made that prediction based off how bad last season was and having BOB obviously.. as we all had to bare witness. The season started off with hope.. it decimated quickly by week 3. Mike holley was the only one saying 6 wins in training camp.

He was wrong. So was half this board.
I admit I mentioned 10,11 wins myself.. geeesh.. was I way off.. this team is lucky to have 2 wins!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back