PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's how clueless Tom Curran is

For everyone saying they knew we were a 2-4 win team this year, link your post. Aside from a handful of folks who are perpetually negative, very few had the season going as a complete and utter dumpster fire.

If you look up my prediction, I had us a 9-8. Seems the consensus in that thread is 7-9 wins. Only 4% said less than 6.
Yup, that's how I remember it. Most of us predicted that they'd have an above average defense and a below average offense and that's really where they are. There was also the thought that they were playing a tougher schedule than last year and might not improve their record. Nostradamis couldn't have seen this coming though.

That's Tom E Curran

th

Yup, that's how I remember it. Most of us predicted that they'd have an above average defense and a below average offense and that's really where they are. There was also the thought that they were playing a tougher schedule than last year and might not improve their record. Nostradamis couldn't have seen this coming though.
No ... they're way worse than that. Below average would be an improvement at this point. I feel like horrific really is a good word for them. Again, never saw this coming and I sort of can't believe we still have seven weeks to play.

This is revisionism. Outside of a few clowns (i dont care, i cant stand it) there were very few people who were down on the talent in those years. How could you be? They were loaded…people would gripe about some of the finer points, and some units, but not about the overall talent level of the team. There aren’t many people here who didn’t appreciate the dynasty years.
You can always tell who the negative nancy’s were…

Sure, ^ never happened…

Tom, Phil Perry, Andrew Callahan, Rich Keefe and few others are the best we have. They are intelligent, diligent, witty, and well spoken. Those who wish to hear some purveyor of hot-take dreck like Adam Jones may go to him to meet their peculiar needs. Others will enjoy listening to Wiggy dese dem and dose his way through an alleged sentence, or to Fauria in his struggles to reduce everything to triviality, or to any number of ex-jocks as they rearrange the six or seven cliches they have on offer. Those with a powerful jones for irony won't want to miss Wiggy doing the weight-reduction ads. Other may enjoy hearing on a daily basis how angry Courtney is about something or other, or listening to to some fat, bearded, blackslapping bloviator hold forth on that new Andalusian restaurant in Quincy. Those who wish to have every point contextualized in observations on fan stupidity or who enjoying hearing a grown man making fart noises and poop jokes have Gresh on offer.

I often disagree with Tom E. His prediction re this season was preposterous from the start. Let's see you try offering opinion multliple times every day while maintaining a perfect record for accuracy. I'll take intelligence and wit over knuckledragger clickbait any day.

I have to admit that I thought we’d win 10 or so games. I thought Mac / BoB connection would work better. Once it was apparent the OL was a disaster in training camp I definitely revised my prediction a bit…

I personally wouldn’t have called this a hot take at all at that point of time

I thought we would be in the 7-9 win range the way we generally have been post Brady. I really didn't think a Bill Belichick coached team could ever bottom out like this. I don't know how it isn't crystal clear to everyone it is time to move on.

Meh hindsight is 20/20. No reason to believe we'd keep imploding even further with a real coaching staff compared to last year. Should've at worst kept treading water at around .500
The season was lost IMO against Dallas. They way we lost and the major injuries to our best players. I didn't see it being this bad. It's like the season spiraled out of control, and couldn't recover. The NFL don't get make up games like other sports.

For everyone saying they knew we were a 2-4 win team this year, link your post. Aside from a handful of folks who are perpetually negative, very few had the season going as a complete and utter dumpster fire.

If you look up my prediction, I had us a 9-8. Seems the consensus in that thread is 7-9 wins. Only 4% said less than 6.
I just went thru the thread and looked for my forecast. I didn't weigh in on it. I am fairly certain I had 8-10 wins though.

What/who was Curran afraid of?
As a writer it must be difficult to cover a team like the 23 Pats without stepping on toes. Maybe that's what @TheRainMaker meant in a previous post about Curran being afraid.
What I meant was that that many media members like Curran flip flop and go in the direction of other media member that’s getting attention from a story. Both Curran and Breer came out of the woodwork so they could get airtime. It’s ****ty and ballless.

First he says in the off-season they were “improved” and that they were going to win “10-11 games” when they clearly were getting worse. The coaching hires were extremely lazy, but they loved it. Now they don’t?

Then he said he knew Bill was on the hot seat ONLY after the national media ran with Volin’s story and Volin didn’t take any heat for it. Where was Curran prior to that if he knew? Then during the season he says they have no talent. I’ve noticed this trend from the media for quite some time that they only pile on when it seems safe to.

I just went thru the thread and looked for my forecast. I didn't weigh in on it. I am fairly certain I had 8-10 wins though.
I had 9. Definitely never saw Mac's regression, the OL injuries and the injuries to the wrong players on defense coming.

What I meant was that that many media members like Curran flip flop and go in the direction of other media member that’s getting attention from a story. Both Curran and Breer came out of the woodwork so they could get airtime. It’s ****ty and ballless.

First he says in the off-season they were “improved” and that they were going to win “10-11 games” when they clearly were getting worse. The coaching hires were extremely lazy, but they loved it. Now they don’t?

Then he said he knew Bill was on the hot seat ONLY after the national media ran with Volin’s story and Volin didn’t take any heat for it. Where was Curran prior to that if he knew? Then during the season he says they have no talent. I’ve noticed this trend from the media for quite some time that they only pile on when it seems safe to.
So, he was wrong in his his prediction. Granted. As a person yourself who has never been wrong, you will of course struggle to grasp such a turn of events.

So, he was wrong in his his prediction. Granted. As a person yourself who has never been wrong, you will of course struggle to grasp such a turn of events.
Yeah you clearly missed the point. Carry on though.

Yeah, I predicted 4 wins. But I sure as heck hoped I was wrong. I would much rather be talking right now about how right Curren was and how much of a dolt that I am…

Curran has been after clicks since Brady left. He is closer to Ben Volin than Callahan or Guregian right now. He is being carried by Phil Perry.

Curran has been after clicks since Brady left. He is closer to Ben Volin than Callahan or Guregian right now. He is being carried by Phil Perry.
Translation: "When the team was good Curran said good things and was a good reporter. Now that the team is bad Curran says bad things so he is a bad reporter."

Yeah, I predicted 4 wins. But I sure as heck hoped I was wrong. I would much rather be talking right now about how right Curren was and how much of a dolt that I am…
You may still be wrong. But you probably didn’t mean by overestimating the potential for success.

The beat writers like Curran are way, way better than the Old Days. I remember going to the Patriots practices at Bryant College and checking out the sports writers. They just hung out together and gossiped, but I never once saw any of them actually watch the practices!

As far as I could tell, they were a bunch of lazy, inept drunks who did not know or care about football (probably baseball nerds). They would just parrot the press releases about who was injured and who signed what contract and all the other easy stuff that did not require any actually observations or work. But now we have good writers such as Curran who actually pay attention.

And as far as Gresh, he and Fourier are the best footballs guys on the air, at least locally. Gresh is articulate, knowledgeable, insightful, and has an amazing ability to steer Fourier into interesting topics. Listen carefully to the masterly way Gresh does this (maybe it is a producer that comes up with the questions that Gresh uses, but it seems to be from him). Gresh is polite (this may be new to him) to Fourier, probably because he respects him (unlike Felger). They are the ideal pair. Besides, in the old days, Gresh used to regularly call Felger a douch (they were on the same station); how can you not like that! Another good quality about Gresh is that he is not a negative whiner like the Felger and Jones.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back