PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heat on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats

My comment refers to the fact that some posters can remember only the past 10 years or so. Perhaps "teenagers" was the wrong designation.

Many folks here recall the NFL before Brady, before Kraft, and some even from before the merger.
======
I get it that folks who are recent fans like to demean very weak teams. I think of this as "teenage" behavior. But then, I'm an old man. I can remember when we were the team that was playing late in the season to see who would get the first draft choice. For some this beings some humility, for others, not so much. I recall when Miami beat 15 years in a row in MIA. Squish the Fish was the battle cry.

I realize NE was bad for many years. I've been a fan since 1993, so I did suffer a little, but not as much as other posters. My point is that Miami, TB, and Jacksonville are historically bad franchises - Miami hasn't won anything in nearly 50 years and TB won once off a historically good defense. And yet the NFL continues to pour money into these franchises and make NE and other teams go down there in 100+ degree weather. My comment was more out of frustration than anything. Would anyone miss the Florida teams in this league if they were eliminated?

No, no, no. You should have run to the restroom and grabbed some wet paper towels to clean the wayward feces off your bride-to-be. She would have remembered it forever. It would've made for a great story after a few pops at your wedding reception.
She was way ahead of me on that one. Trust me. Like I said, she’s used to it. She deals with a lot of low cog children for her job (severe autism, mentally handicapped, etc).

crap, its gonna be hot!

1-15

congrats

My comment refers to the fact that some posters can remember only the past 10 years or so. Perhaps "teenagers" was the wrong designation.

Many folks here recall the NFL before Brady, before Kraft, and some even from before the merger.
======
I get it that folks who are recent fans like to demean very weak teams. I think of this as "teenage" behavior. But then, I'm an old man. I can remember when we were the team that was playing late in the season to see who would get the first draft choice. For some this beings some humility, for others, not so much. I recall when Miami beat 15 years in a row in MIA. Squish the Fish was the battle cry.
Yes. That was 30 years ago. And it was 18 years in a row, until the AFCCG.

Like I said, the Dolphins have been a dumpster franchise for the better part of 20 years. Maybe don't belittle 'teenagers', step back, and look at reality for yourself, and don't rely on hazy memories as fact.

This is a soft tissue fitness game... look for Alex Guerrero players to come thru without cramps and muscle pulls... Lots of ice water , electrolytes and rub downs. Gotta stay cool :cool:

I think the bad record in the seemingly cooler days of December comes more from the differential of weather than the max heat of September. When the Pats play in FL early in the year the temp differential is 10-15 degrees (say 80 in NE vs 95 in FL) But by December that differential can double or triple (say 45 in NE vs 8o in FL)

If there is a time of the year when Northern teams are most used to hot weather it's September. That's the only way I can figure out the bad late season stats, because if it isn't THAT, then it boggles the mind. ;)
Yeah, one of my all time favorite games. That was the game where I knew this team was special. The Tennessee game that year was fun but I thought that this game let you know they were for real.
I don’t believe so.
Well, next time we play the Jags it will be up here, and then you're gonna have some
"three dog night"s

My son had a flag football game at 2pm yesterday (he plays for the Patriots BTW) and the heat was brutal. Even in the shade it was miserable. I’ve lived here in the Tampa area for 15 years now and I swear some of the hottest days seem to be in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back