PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heat on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not good news. <<< Scratches post vigorously...>>>

And then...

tenor.gif

For some reason, I have this belief that when the Pats play in Miami early in the year, they do poorly - but when it is later, they do better. But again, I don't know if it is my selective memory or something real.

It’s the heat. I mean it can’t be Miami’s talent. Over the past few years the league has scheduled the Miami away game late in the year, probably as a favor to Kraft.

For some reason, I always think that the Pats play poorly in hot weather games. I wonder what their record is like when temps are >90?

Probably because the entire sample size is Miami, and they always suck there.

I think the bad record in the seemingly cooler days of December comes more from the differential of weather than the max heat of September. When the Pats play in FL early in the year the temp differential is 10-15 degrees (say 80 in NE vs 95 in FL) But by December that differential can double or triple (say 45 in NE vs 8o in FL)

If there is a time of the year when Northern teams are most used to hot weather it's September. That's the only way I can figure out the bad late season stats, because if it isn't THAT, then it boggles the mind. ;)

I hear the jags bench gets shade late afternoon. Visitors get sun in their face.

This is correct.

It’s been a brutal hot and day in central FL today even being a native, it may the hottest weekend of the year in terms of Heat Index.

As was mentioned, Hopefully it’s overcast

Why? White jerseys don’t retain heat as much.
And they look killer. I love when the Pats wear them.
, But I understand the "bad luck" thingy ppl get.

Last edited:
Pats outta wear their white pants too.
I think the silver pants would look cool too like they did in the 90’s.

Are there any rules for teams to wear alternate pants?

I think the silver pants would look cool too like they did in the 90’s.

Are there any rules for teams to wear alternate pants?
I don’t believe so.

One of my all time favorite wins....

Yeah, one of my all time favorite games. That was the game where I knew this team was special. The Tennessee game that year was fun but I thought that this game let you know they were for real.

Scattered thunderstorms predicted at 50% throughout the game. Heat index for the first two hours 101 and 100 with 91 temp. This could be low scoring barring turnovers.

I think the "warm-ups" alone would just about put me on IR.

Last edited:
Scattered thunderstorms predicted at 50% throughout the game. Heat index for the first two hours 101 and 100 with 91 temp. This could be low scoring barring turnovers.

This is exactly why Florida should not be allowed to have NFL teams. Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville are nothing but dumpster franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back