PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have opinions of Phillip Dorsett changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s improving but I’d like to know if Gordon was on the field when he made those plays. If he was, Dorsett benefited from coverage that had to account for Gordon.

He dropped the ball.

Have opinions of Phillip Dorsett changed?

• Loved the trade.
  • Knew he'd take time to get going, because of his late arrival.
  • Love what I'm seeing from him this year, except....
  • He's got to get better at the "defensive side" of playing WR.
  • With any luck, he'll be WR2 level by the end of the season, but not yet heralded enough to be priced out of the Patriots' range.

Mines been the same, hes nice as a 4th or 5th option and will get you some nice grabs, cant forget the big grab he had in the afcc that helped us come back. Hes not going to be a consistent source of production though maybe a 600 yard guy, less if gordon really catches on and gronk/Edelman dont miss half a year or more.

It will be nice if him and brady can finally click on the deep ball though, they did come very close today and it should have been caught.

Dorsett was good today, the TD catch was amazing, the long drop was absolutely a drop. I think he continues to get better and sticks here. As others had said he won’t price himself out of our market

Even bad players make nice plays once in a while. He's fine as a #4 WR. As a starter, he is awful.

Kenbrell Thompkins was romanticized for a few big plays in his rookie year too and was equally terrible as a starting WR. One somersaulting catch does not make him a good player (same way one awful drop does not make him a bad player in and of itself)

His route running and hands are mediocre at best and he's weak without explosive feet so he struggles to create the instant separation smaller framed Pats receivers need. He can't play inside and can't beat the press outside. He's a mediocre zone beater when other guys are taking up the opponent's best defenders. He'll be out of the league in 2 years most likely.

Rushing success and an extra quality WR on the field freed up space for all playmakers.

Miami's depleted DL was the point of origin for all their issues on defense.
Tannehill was the point of origin for their offensive issues

Next week, Dorsett should see even more space once Edelperson plays

If Dorsett can continue what he’s doing he’s going to be an excellent complimentary piece to this offense. He looks like a slightly faster, less reliable Deion branch

I've always been optimistic regarding him and his potential for a high quality #2-#3 WR. I think he still has room to improve before he gets to that point.

His hands have looked pretty good, so that deep-ball drop was a surprise.

Dorsett was good today, the TD catch was amazing, the long drop was absolutely a drop. I think he continues to get better and sticks here. As others had said he won’t price himself out of our market

I agree. He’s improved a lot since last year. Maybe he continues to get better.

Just not too good or he is outta here

He's an ok 4th option in the passing game.

Nothing......afternoon of weed and beers ... then my bride brings me home a combo platter from Chinatown in Canton ... have had trouble focusing ever since
Carry on my wayward son. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore