PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have opinions of Phillip Dorsett changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He played very well against the Dolphins, including one incredible catch for a touchdown. He even almost managed to bail out Brady when TB12 overthrew the ball on his drop.

TB12 seems to struggle to know exactly where Dorsett will be, a lot of his better catches involved Dorsett running the ball down after a seemingly inaccurate throw by Brady (or perhaps Dorsett is having issues with his route running? Hard for me to tell since I'm not exactly Ernie Adams). But they still managed to get together a few times in this game and the chemistry seems to be significantly improving.

I also saw him throw at least one really solid block, which was nice to see. I think it was on a catch-and-run by White and it helped open the field for him.

The point is, he seems to be showing improvement, and I'm wondering if fans are starting to feel like he's starting to be more reliable, or if they're still skeptical.

He's a nice receiver. I think he benefits more being 3rd or 4th option in there and now with TB having an arsenal to choose from. If backs can keep it legit through run & passing game, that will only open up more for Dorsett especially springing him on play action.

My opinion has changed. I think he will be far better than last year

My opinion is the same. I never expected him to be above 500 yards. But I do expect him to beat the 3rd CB. So he’s par for the course. Today he played a lot better than average. I hope he can improve like Jules did. One can hope.

Once he shows consistency. He made two particularly good receiving plays including a terrific catch. He also dropped what would have been a 40 yard gain.
He probably will never be consistent. He doesn’t suck but he lacks the full skill set a wr needs to be consistently good. We’ve seen this before where done receivers get heavy targets against certain opponents (or even in certain drives based in how they are defending) and not see the ball much otherwise.
Givens was a good example. He would have big games and quiet games but also could barely see the ball all day and then get 4 catches in one drive.

My read on that drop is that Brady overthrew him. Dorsett did well to even get his hands on that ball.
No. That is wrong. It hit him directly in stride. How can hat be an overthrow? The definition of overthrow makes you wrong.

No. That is wrong. It hit him directly in stride. How can hat be an overthrow? The definition of overthrow makes you wrong.
It didn't hit him in stride though. You don't wind up on your belly when a throw hits you in stride. He had to lunge for the ball. That's an overthrow.

All depends on what Mr. Meat thinks.

It didn't hit him in stride though. You don't wind up on your belly when a throw hits you in stride. He had to lunge for the ball. That's an overthrow.
No he didn’t.

Not sure what play you were watching. That was one of Brady's best throws all season. Right on point.
Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I thought I saw Dorsett have to leave his feet to try and make that catch. If I was mistaken, I was mistaken.

He fights, he did well and nearly stopped that awful first INT. I think we can go to battle with him. He can be a #2/3 easily with this team. This offense can become scary and probably the best Brady has had.

He dropped that ball. That wasn't a ball that he should have dropped.

The ball hit his hands. That drop is on him.

He fights, he did well and nearly stopped that awful first INT. I think we can go to battle with him. He can be a #2/3 easily with this team. This offense can become scary and probably the best Brady has had.

Am I reading this correctly that this offense can become the best we’ve had in the brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back