PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harvin at 34

Revman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Would you take Percy Harvin at 34 if he is on the board?

Bad spot for a NEP WR.

I think he is the perfect replacement for Harrison in Indy. I think we have had enough of Florida WRs for a while.....

Never. No more WRs in the early rounds, especially that loser.

No.

Hell no.....

I think Atlanta is going to grab this kid in the second and keep him away from all types of animals:D:D

Yes, only because I think he is the best playmaker in the draft. He showed some Reggie Bush type skill in tough SEC, so I think his game is likely to translate to the NFL little better.

He is not the ideal pick becauses there is a greater need on defense, but he would be too good to pass up at 34.

No way...too much trouble there

I got panned for having the Pats trade up from 58 to 51 to get Harvin when he fell in my last mock, and was a bit surprised byt he board reaction. Harvin has issues, but he is clearly one of the pre-eminent playmakers in the draft. I wouldn't go for him at 34 because there are too many other areas to address, but I do think that if he fell he could have value.

Yes I would take him there simply bc he can add such dimensions to the offense. He could line up at RB, WR, then he would help on Special Teams as a KR/PR

I think he is off the Pats Draft Board ... he would be off mine!

Anyone so stupid, knowing they are going to be drug tested at the combine, derserves to get dropped! I am curious how far he will drop.

I would say there is no chance Barndon Tate gets drafted now ... recovering from knee surgery and a failed drug test.

Once again, the use of a non performance enhancing drug is going to cost a player money for no good reason. I hope the NFLPA gets this idiocy of testing for such drugs removed from the CBA.

As for Harvin, my concern would be his attitude, not his drug test. I'm told that he's not the most responsive of players, and that would make him a problem selection for the Patriots. If BB thinks he could deal with that, I'd be all for the Patriots taking this kid at #34 if they stay there for the pick.

Last edited:
I hope he is off the PAT's board (and I felt this way before the drug test)

Last edited:
A Florida WR at the top of the 2nd rd, you are kidding right?

Harvin is too small to play in the NFL, yes he can run away from DBs in college, but the ones in the nfl are going to eat him up. Plus press coverage, too small to get open. If Reggie Bush is having a hard time, what makes you think that Harvin would be better?

Plus he's high!

I can only assume by his failed drug test, and admission into Florida, that he possess sub-standard intelligence. Not what is needed in the Pats system, were the WR must read the DB and adjust his route.

I can only hope that he is off the board completely.

If I were to pick an offensive player at 34, my choice would be between Wood or Unger. If we must pick a wide receiver, I would suggest Mike Wallace at 89 or 97. If I were forced to draft a wide receiver at 34, my choices would be Robiskie or Nicks.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back