PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harry & Metcalf workout together (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Randy Moss, the greatest WR outside of Rice, can be debilitated by poor QB play, then so can Harry, Edelman and Byrd. Nobody compared anyone to Moss.
That's exactly what you did. Moss wasn't simply hampered by poor QB play. That's only part of the story. He was on a bad team and didn't want to be there anymore. So he essentially quit on them... something he did after that to other teams. Some even believe he somewhat quit on the Pats as well when he became disgruntled.

But it's cool. I'm done. I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me.

Last edited:
This thread has gone off the deep end. Harry played with two different QB’s now (four if you count Hoyer and Stidham) and has been sucky for both. Two very different style quarterbacks and he produced the same results. Maybe if he didn’t suck so badly Brady would still be here.

DK Metcalf has Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Our weapons have who?

How did Randy Moss look on the Raiders in 2006, what did he do the following season?

Except... Who was throwing to Harry in 2019 ???

This thread has gone off the deep end. Harry played with two different QB’s now (four if you count Hoyer and Stidham) and has been sucky for both. Two very different style quarterbacks and he produced the same results. Maybe if he didn’t suck so badly Brady would still be here.
Because of one poster... so the guys at receiver suck because of every other reason other than the most obvious one.

Except... Who was throwing to Harry in 2019 ???

An injured disgruntled 42 year year old who wasn't practicing because of his arm, who had next to no actual practice time with Harry, Jakobi or Gunner and had one foot out the door.

That's exactly what you did. Moss wasn't simply hampered by poor QB play. That's only part of the story. He was on a bad team and didn't want to be there anymore. So he essentially quit on them... something he did after that to other teams. Some even believe he somewhat quit on the Pats as well when he became disgruntled.

But it's cool. I'm done. I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me.
No, I didn't make a one for one comparison with Moss like you would have us believe. I pointed out how Moss was one the greatest of all time and even he couldn't overcome poor QB play. Nowhere did I say Harry is comparable to Moss, and it's simply disingenuous to paint it that way. Moss led the 2006 Raiders in targets, so I have a hard time understanding how he didn't try hard enough... they simply sucked.

Moss didn't quit on the Pats, he got in an altercation with Bill O'Brien at halftime of the Dolphins game due to a lack of targets and the next week he was gone. He didn't appreciate being used as a decoy and wanted a new contract.

I'm not here saying the Patriots weapons are amazing, I'm saying the wailing about how terrible they are is overblown and doesn't approach how terrible Cam has been. Let's just respectively disagree.

In retrospect, maybe I was.
No worries. I knew we weren't saying the same thing... I've left the argument. I have nothing more to say to him. He can talk to himself about it now. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes