PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, no more rational Jets fans' analysis and comments

Oh great...another variation of 'The Jets Suck' thread.

Yippee!

well when it such an easy and truthful target what not

Think rationally before posting. Sure, The Sanchise played under control in the playoffs acquiting himself well. But if you accept some evidence you must accept all. His TD to INT ratio was terrible. He has not shown that minus a strong running game that he can win games consistently like a franchise QB can. Stating that The Sanchise is a franchise QB is gross homerism.

Your only counter to this should be that time will tell, but to criticize others now for not accepting this doofus as a legitemate franchise QB in the summer of 2010 is typical New York fan BS bravado. A big Red Light to you.

Can you read?

I said he had the potential to be...

Why? Because it is good television. The legendary QB schooling the young future franchise. Welcome to Hard Knocks where they have to play to the cameras.

It's been reported in many cases the cameras are unnoticed, particularly in offices and meeting rooms, coaches and players forget they are there.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge everything that happens "catering to the camera."

The Namath segment was interesting because he was genuinely upset, thought it was pretty interesting how involved he was in the meeting room. I'm sure Schotty Jr let Namath have his say, but I thought it was a neat exchange.

I will give you credit that you seem to be more objective than most Jets fans or any fan of any team. I agree with your concerns. I still don't buy some of the hype of Gholston and Cromartie though.

Every team have concerns. Listening to the Jets, their fans, and a lot of the media; they appear to have Pro Bowlers at every position. Clearly, that isn't the case. It is impossible to have that good of team in today's day and age.

The fact is, the Jets are very talented at many positions, and are deep as well. OL, RB, WR, CB, LB among them.

I could say the same thing about Pat fans, putting a blind eye to the Jets success last year and how most have chalked it up as luck.

It's a long season, and nothing is won on paper, but there is a reason the Jets are considered a contending team this year, and it isn't just the hack media that are hyping them.

I could say the same thing about Pat fans, putting a blind eye to the Jets success last year and how most have chalked it up as luck.
Success? You are proud of being 9-7? That was our worst record in the last few years. 9-7 is horrible to us. Funny that you think it is the best.

But I agree your 9-7 year was not luck for the regular season. I chalk up your going from 7-7 to 9-7 not on luck, but on two teams laying down not interested in being competitive.

For the playoffs, I'll give the Jets a win for sure. The other even Jets fans have to recognize was luck. If not good luck for the Jets, then bad luck for the SD kicker. THere was no luck involved in the Colts game. They simply showed what would have happened had they played in week 16. The result would have been no playoffs for the Jets.

You are the greatest sef-proclaimed off-season dynasty since the Redskins, I will grant you that.

Regular season, not so much:

In 49 years you have managed more than 10 regular season wins exactly 3 times. Two 11 win seasons, and one 12 win season. Whoo hoo.

Last edited:
Stop with the pathetic biased hate, Pats fans.

Sanchez has shown plenty to show the potential of a legit franchise QB, if not more.
Interesting. Which do you think shows his legit franchise QB potential more? His 53% completion rate, or his throwing twice as many interceptions as TDs?

It ain't hate that you are hearing, dude. It's laughter.

Watched this reluctantly last night... my impression is that Rex is the consummate media whore and probably the antithesis of BB.. as much as he is made for New York, bombasity and hyperbole will probably not win the Superbowl...

My only question is, why play the first 18 games of the season just fast forward to the superbowl as it is that obvious:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe he can name his opponent so we can avoid all those pesky games in between... have to question the wisdom of the "franchise" QB catching passes with one hand, great trick, the possibility of a broken finger is obvious.

I watched about 15 minutes last night.

Two opposite impressions.

One, I can see how Rex would be the kind of guy that players would love to play for. He's one of the guys and he has charisma, as much as it pains me to admit anything positive about a Jet player or coach. (It was easier to hate Ratgini).

Two, I think that Rex wastes a lot of time on nonsense and the media. That time could be better spent on preparation and I have the sense that Hard Knocks and other media nonsense will steal valuable prep time from that team.

How come when you say it no one gets mad. Good lord, I've been burned at the stake.

Because you're a Jets fan. You could say you like the National Anthem and you're still a Jets fan.

:p

It's been reported in many cases the cameras are unnoticed, particularly in offices and meeting rooms, coaches and players forget they are there.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge everything that happens "catering to the camera."

The Namath segment was interesting because he was genuinely upset, thought it was pretty interesting how involved he was in the meeting room. I'm sure Schotty Jr let Namath have his say, but I thought it was a neat exchange.

Yeah, I believe that. It has been reported that Sanchez is having a great camp too eventhough he is completing about 50% of his passes and getting picked off a lot. It is impossible to ignore cameras all of the time especially with guys who love the spotlight. It isn't just a Jet thing, it is every Hard Knocks team.

Interesting. Which do you think shows his legit franchise QB potential more? His 53% completion rate, or his throwing twice as many interceptions as TDs?

It ain't hate that you are hearing, dude. It's laughter.

Lord knows my disdain for the Jets, but I predict (barring injury) a stat line for Sanchez something like this:

58-62% completion
3000-3300 yds
17-20 td
14-16 int

Not a pro bowl QB yet, but he's going to improve. Last year he had three horrific games:

at NO: 14-27 (51.9%), 138 yds, 0 td, 3 int
vs Buf: 10-29 (34.5%), 119 yds, 0 td, 5 int
at NE: 8-21 (38.1%), 136 yds, 1 td, 4 int

TOT: 32-77 (41.6%), 393 yds, 1 td, 12 int

Not that you can do this, but without those games, Sanchez' td-int ratio is 11:8.

The reason I bring up that last point is that you expect these epic disasters from a rookie, who will show a lot of inconsistency. I expect some of that inconsistency to begin to straighten out as he matures. I don't expect him to ever put up Dan Marino-like numbers, but I do expect him to grow into a very nice NFL QB. He's got the tools...just needs the time, in my opinion.

That said, I hope he throws 35 picks this year. :D

The fact is, the Jets are very talented at many positions, and are deep as well. OL, RB, WR, CB, LB among them.

It's a long season, and nothing is won on paper, but there is a reason the Jets are considered a contending team this year, and it isn't just the hack media that are hyping them.

First, ignoring the fact that if Indy had something to play for against the Jets in the regular season, the Jets could have been 8-8 or worse (if Cincy had something to play for) and missed the playoffs all together.

Second, I have given credit to the Jets for their run in the playoffs, but I still question if they are the mediocre team they were in the regualr season who caught lightning a bottle during the playoffs or have they taken the next step.

Third, I think you overstate the depth of the Jets. At RB, I think they have two pure RBs for depth (Greene and Tomlinson) and one has never proven he can carry the load all year and the other has been declining. John Connor seems to be a good pick up at FB, but he isn't a RB. If Revis doesn't come back, depth at CB is pretty shallow. I think the depth at o-line isn't as great as you think either. Other than the LG position, they have good starters but I don't know about the depth.

I am not sold on the Jets, but I don't think people thinking they are a contender are crazy. I have a problem with people thinking the road to the Lombardi trophy is destined to come through the Jets. Almost like the Jets have already won the Super Bowl and playing the season is a formality. Checking the Jets fans sites, I see plenty of Jets fans acting like this.

Last edited:
This could be a reason why having Hard Knocks at your camp is a bad thing. Tim Graham from ESPN rated what he saw from each of the AFC East camps and here is what he said about the Jets' camp:\

Most unfocused: Jets. Of all the AFC East camps, the Jets were the least conscientious during my visit. This could be chalked up to the timing. I got to them last, and players had reached that antsy point where they needed a game. But the blithe atmosphere stood out to me nonetheless.

How'd they look? AFC East camp musings - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Hail to thee, Blythe Spirit!

Lord knows my disdain for the Jets, but I predict (barring injury) a stat line for Sanchez something like this:

58-62% completion
3000-3300 yds
17-20 td
14-16 int

Not a pro bowl QB yet, but he's going to improve. Last year he had three horrific games:

at NO: 14-27 (51.9%), 138 yds, 0 td, 3 int
vs Buf: 10-29 (34.5%), 119 yds, 0 td, 5 int
at NE: 8-21 (38.1%), 136 yds, 1 td, 4 int

TOT: 32-77 (41.6%), 393 yds, 1 td, 12 int

Not that you can do this, but without those games, Sanchez' td-int ratio is 11:8.

The reason I bring up that last point is that you expect these epic disasters from a rookie, who will show a lot of inconsistency. I expect some of that inconsistency to begin to straighten out as he matures. I don't expect him to ever put up Dan Marino-like numbers, but I do expect him to grow into a very nice NFL QB. He's got the tools...just needs the time, in my opinion.

That said, I hope he throws 35 picks this year. :D
Where do you take the optimism from? Every QB throws Ints in bunches. If you take away his 3 worst Int games, based on throwing so few passes, the 8 that are left are a lot.
I just dont get what anyone sees in this guy. I dont see ability, I dont see the right temperment, I dont see any real success.
It just seems like the company line for Sanchez is, hey players get better, we decided to start him, therefore last year has nothing to do with him, he will get better. Many,many, many QBs who were that bad as rookies, got worse, not better.

First, ignoring the fact that if Indy had something to play for against the Jets in the regular season, the Jets could have been 8-8 or worse (if Cincy had something to play for) and missed the playoffs all together.

Second, I have given credit to the Jets for their run in the playoffs, but I still question if they are the mediocre team they were in the regualr season who caught lightning a bottle during the playoffs or have they taken the next step.

Third, I think you overstate the depth of the Jets. At RB, I think they have two pure RBs for depth (Greene and Tomlinson) and one has never proven he can carry the load all year and the other has been declining. John Connor seems to be a good pick up at FB, but he isn't a RB. If Revis doesn't come back, depth at CB is pretty shallow. I think the depth at o-line isn't as great as you think either. Other than the LG position, they have good starters but I don't know about the depth.

I am not sold on the Jets, but I don't think people thinking they are a contender. I have a problem with people thinking the road to the Lombardi trophy is destined to come through the Jets. Almost like the Jets have already won the Super Bowl and playing the season is a formality. Checking the Jets fans sites, I see plenty of Jets fans acting like this.
You are mssing the point. The Jets were 9-7 and won 2 playoff games.
Their coach says they are going to win the SB.
So unless you decry with 100% certainty they will win the SB, you arent giving them the credit they deserve and are disrespecting them.
Pointing out that they wouldnt have made the playoffs if the Colts tried is disrespect. Doubting the 2nd worst QB in the NFL last year is the franchise QB that he apparently has an entitlement to be is disrespect.
I think negative comments about the bust that is Gholston is now disrespect because someone somewhere made a positive comment about him.
How dare you be such a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference