PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guregian on the Gronk/Belichick "beef".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time this vid comes up I end up watching it at least twice. Hot women, great lyrics, superb choreography. It never fails to warm the soul of this old fart. ;)

I remember responding to you with it to see if I could get you to stop caring what all the mediots have to say about the Pats. I'm glad it helps.

I actually went out and bought her CD so I could put it in the jukebox in my car. She's fairly new and very good.

I'm amazed at the constant hits Brady takes sometimes and how he keeps popping back up. If I was coach I'd be firing my witch doctor training staff and hiring Guerrero's crew.

I'm not sure when Brady hooked up with Guerrero but I know that Brady has always been good at taking hits. He's never been one of those duck-and-chuck QBs.

Without Adam Vinatieri most of those wins don't happen.
Without Malcolm Butler, without Julian Edelman, without James White...without, without, without......
This teams success has been about so much more than Tom Brady.

Of course it takes more than a QB, but those players you mentioned are replaceable, just as so many others have been. Heck, Patrick Pass has three SB rings. But there has been only one Brady and no QB I've ever seen has been so clutch and so mistake free in crunch time. And that IMHO is the difference.

So do you throw out the baby with the bathwater? How do you know where one thing ends and another begins?

As it is, although Gronk began TC poorly, he ended the season on a high note and his highlight catches are stuff he would not have done without an increased degree of flexibility.

And just so you know, that ******** claim about drinking water to avoid sunburn comes from the ESPN profile on Brady.

Yes, that's right. ESPN.

As in the same ESPN with a personal vendetta against Brady.

Beautiful tenderloins? ************ almighty.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...ctrolytes_Info_Sheet.pdf?11884772223278009158

According to his recent book "The TB12 Method" (Simon and Schuster, 2017), Brady drinks 150 ounces (4.4 liters) of water "on a given day," and "close to twice that" — amounting to about 2.3 gallons (8.7 liters), or 37 glasses — when he exercises.

And this direct quote from his book:

"When I was growing up, and playing outside in the sun, I got sunburned a lot. I was a fair-skinned Irish boy, after all. These days, even if I get an adequate amount of sun, I won’t get a sunburn, which I credit to the amount of water I drink. I always hydrate afterward, too, to keep my skin from peeling. When I once told that to my sister, she said, “You mean I don’t have to use all those moisturizers and facial products to keep my skin looking good? I should just drink as much water as you do? I think you should market your TB12 Electrolytes as a beauty product.” I just laughed."

You can hate ESPN all you like, but they didn't make that **** up.

bah...I drink twice the water what Brady does in a day...it just has a little "hops" to it...:eek:
You know, my mother used to have to practically jam vegetables down my throat when I was a kid. Then I went away to college, discovered the vegetable named hops and consuming my veggies hasn't been a problem for many decades. In fact, I love those veggies and, ironically, often over-consume them, particularly on weekends.

Every time this vid comes up I end up watching it at least twice. Hot women, great lyrics, superb choreography. It never fails to warm the soul of this old fart. ;)

You can't be that old. I've never heard of them, that's how old I am. :)

Last edited:
Except he did. He assumed that a guy coming back from a back surgery would be in tip top shape. When that assumption was wrong, he chose to criticize said player’s training methods. He ended up wrong there as well as the passage of time and Gronk’s subsequent performance on the field has shown.

Again, if the medical team clears him for full contact and he passes his physical he is expected to be in football shape. That is not on the coach.

And as a TE he is expected to be able to block. If he can't do that he either needs to be on PUP until he can or if there is no reason to be there he needs to be called out on his (strength) training. Or ****ing traded.

I am with Lombardi on this. Not much of all this had to do with the back, but mostly Gronk missing lower body strength because he stopped weight work. Which is why he had issues blocking and looked like he could not separate at all against Berry.

None of this is complicated.

Again, if the medical team clears him for full contact and he passes his physical he is expected to be in football shape. That is not on the coach.

Anyone that has ever played the sport before knows that passing a physical =/= being in football shape. There have also been several quotes from players that have come through here stating as much. This is especially so when you’re just coming back from a season ending (and serious surgery) before.

And as a TE he is expected to be able to block. If he can't do that he either needs to be on PUP until he can or if there is no reason to be there he needs to be called out on his (strength) training.

He was called out on his strength and training. We’ve already established this. Coach was either wrong in doing so or was a complete idiot. You seem to be going the complete idiot route while I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Or ****ing traded.

Come on, this is ridiculous.

I am with Lombardi on this. Not much of all this had to do with the back, but mostly Gronk missing lower body strength because he stopped weight work. Which is why he had issues blocking and looked like he could not separate at all against Berry.

None of this is complicated.

Gronk CLEARLY was not fully healthy yet in the KC game. Nor was he confident in the back. We’ve seen slow starts from him before after coming off of season-ending surgery. The first few weeks of 2014 say “hi”. Having to take a pause from weight work is a part of the recovery from back surgery. Once he was cleared, he (by all reports) resumed and kept up his training routine, which includes Guerrero, throughout the season. He rebounded one week later against what would become one of the tougher defensive units in the league and put up 116 yards on just six receptions with a TD. If one week of weight work (as opposed to working his way back from an injury) can do that for a guy, then where do I sign up? He was also a MONSTER in the Super Bowl.

So yeah, this isn’t that complicated unless you’re performing mental gymnastics in order to avoid simply admitting that BB was wrong in his assessment. And now we have Edelman going to “Mr. Myagi” for treatment.

Last edited:
Aside from this never ending brouhaha, it is quite simple when an outside source conflicts with paid training staff conflicts will arise.. as much as "pliability" is valued, a TE needs power from that position..

Can there be a healthy relationship between the two parties?? Probably, but from outward appearances it looks as though Guerrero believes his system is better, rather than complimentary..

As far as BB upsetting Gronk get over it and play football.. that has always been the message of BB, no one player is bigger than the team.. a lesson learned from the special treatment LT used to get in NY..

Old enough that I was coached in college by Kyle Lauletta's GRANDFATHER. ;)

Let's see...Kyle Lauletta and I were both born in 1995. My grandfather was born some time around 1950. He could have theoretically been old enough to coach college in the late 70s, placing your approximate birth year in the early 60s. That's not too old.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if Kyle's ancestors didn't reproduce in their 20s like mine. Or if your coach was old as ****.

Let's see...Kyle Lauletta and I were both born in 1995. My grandfather was born some time around 1950. He could have theoretically been old enough to coach college in the late 70s, placing your approximate birth year in the early 60s. That's not too old.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if Kyle's ancestors didn't reproduce in their 20s like mine. Or if your coach was old as ****.
No, actually Joe Lauletta (Kyle's Granddad) DID coach me from 66-68, in both football and Lacrosse. Joe was probably in his late 20's at the time.

No, actually Joe Lauletta (Kyle's Granddad) DID coach me from 66-68, in both football and Lacrosse. Joe was probably in his late 20's at the time.

I wasn't doubting your story, but rather the claim that it was proof that you're old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes