PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guregian on the Gronk/Belichick "beef".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken, what's your training regimen?
OK, since you asked, (and you are likely to regret it. ;) ) Here's my new regimen that I've been doing for the last 2+months after I recovered enough from the vascular bypass surgery I had in November on my leg.

I do 2 days of upper body exercises (Monday and Thursday) - 6 exercises and 2 sets each
Benchpress, bicep curls on the machine, triceps on the machine, shoulder presses, and Lats and Rows.

I do 2 days of Lower body exercises ( Tuesday and Friday) Leg press, thigh curls, hamstring curls, and then I go do the "girly machines" and do the hip abduction and flexors, and the one I call the ballet machine where you push out with each leg. Again I do 2 sets each 20-22 reps

I lift lighter weights and do a minimum 20-22 reps. I do Ron Laura's matrix approach. (google it) In that, each exercise is lifted in this way. 5 full reps, 5 half downs, 5 half ups, 5 full. It's designed to fatigue the muscle quickly and efficiently. When you get stronger instead of adding weight you change the motion. 7 full, 6 half downs, 5 half ups, 4 fulls. You only added 2 reps but it fatigues the muscle more than you think. At the 3rd break, as you get stronger you simply reverse it. 4 fulls, 5 half up, 6 half downs, 7 full. It's the same number of reps as you did in part 2 but its surprisingly incrementally harder.

Right now I graduated from doing one set for the first month. Then I did 2 sets of the 5 full, 5 half up.....etc in the 2nd month. And now this month I do the 7 fulls, 6 half downs....etc. The goal is to do the 4,5, 6, 7 motion in May, and graduate to 3 sets of each in June

I walk 200 yds between each set (that's twice around the gym to recover and get some cario. Eventually, it comes to about a mile and a half, so I don't have to do it on the treadmill, which I find incredibly boring.

Wednesdays I do 6 core exercises including various planks, and on the weekends I do absolutely nothing. :D At least 3 times I week I go on a walk. Before the bypass I couldn't walk 50 yds without stopping and was in danger of losing the foot. Now, I still have some discomfort, but I'm up to about 33 minutes (just over a mile and a half). I'd like to build that up to an hour (3 miles) over the next couple of months

I have to tell you that it's helped a lot. I was originally scheduled to have the left leg done as well but given my current mobility, we called it off. Good thing too since I've already had a coronary bypass done 10 years ago and have no more usable veins in my legs. They'd have to mine them in my arms to do another leg. :eek:

The more I go, the more disciplined I become. I mean you HAVE to go because you don't want to waste all the effort you made to get you this far. It's hard. I'm feeling my age. I don't recover as well between sets. I have to do a stretching regimen about half way through, but its really just an excuse to lay on a rubber mat and rest while occasionally stretching a leg here and there. ;)

I also don't deal as well with the pain that accompanies the lactic acid build up as you break down the muscle as i used to. I mean the only competition I do now is poker and the cards are relatively light. So its hard to justify the pain that is so critical to process.. So, in the end, my favorite part of the workout is when I walk out the door... (that and the tootsie rolls they give away for free at planet fitness.. ;) )

I know. More than you needed to know, but what did you expect from me. :D Well off to the Gym.

OK, since you asked, (and you are likely to regret it. ;) ) Here's my new regimen that I've been doing for the last 2+months after I recovered enough from the vascular bypass surgery I had in November on my leg.

I do 2 days of upper body exercises (Monday and Thursday) - 6 exercises and 2 sets each
Benchpress, bicep curls on the machine, triceps on the machine, shoulder presses, and Lats and Rows.

I do 2 days of Lower body exercises ( Tuesday and Friday) Leg press, thigh curls, hamstring curls, and then I go do the "girly machines" and do the hip abduction and flexors, and the one I call the ballet machine where you push out with each leg. Again I do 2 sets each 20-22 reps

I lift lighter weights and do a minimum 20-22 reps. I do Ron Laura's matrix approach. (google it) In that, each exercise is lifted in this way. 5 full reps, 5 half downs, 5 half ups, 5 full. It's designed to fatigue the muscle quickly and efficiently. When you get stronger instead of adding weight you change the motion. 7 full, 6 half downs, 5 half ups, 4 fulls. You only added 2 reps but it fatigues the muscle more than you think. At the 3rd break, as you get stronger you simply reverse it. 4 fulls, 5 half up, 6 half downs, 7 full. It's the same number of reps as you did in part 2 but its surprisingly incrementally harder.

Right now I graduated from doing one set for the first month. Then I did 2 sets of the 5 full, 5 half up.....etc in the 2nd month. And now this month I do the 7 fulls, 6 half downs....etc. The goal is to do the 4,5, 6, 7 motion in May, and graduate to 3 sets of each in June

I walk 200 yds between each set (that's twice around the gym to recover and get some cario. Eventually, it comes to about a mile and a half, so I don't have to do it on the treadmill, which I find incredibly boring.

Wednesdays I do 6 core exercises including various planks, and on the weekends I do absolutely nothing. :D At least 3 times I week I go on a walk. Before the bypass I couldn't walk 50 yds without stopping and was in danger of losing the foot. Now, I still have some discomfort, but I'm up to about 33 minutes (just over a mile and a half). I'd like to build that up to an hour (3 miles) over the next couple of months

I have to tell you that it's helped a lot. I was originally scheduled to have the left leg done as well but given my current mobility, we called it off. Good thing too since I've already had a coronary bypass done 10 years ago and have no more usable veins in my legs. They'd have to mine them in my arms to do another leg. :eek:

The more I go, the more disciplined I become. I mean you HAVE to go because you don't want to waste all the effort you made to get you this far. It's hard. I'm feeling my age. I don't recover as well between sets. I have to do a stretching regimen about half way through, but its really just an excuse to lay on a rubber mat and rest while occasionally stretching a leg here and there. ;)

I also don't deal as well with the pain that accompanies the lactic acid build up as you break down the muscle as i used to. I mean the only competition I do now is poker and the cards are relatively light. So its hard to justify the pain that is so critical to process.. So, in the end, my favorite part of the workout is when I walk out the door... (that and the tootsie rolls they give away for free at planet fitness.. ;) )

I know. More than you needed to know, but what did you expect from me. :D Well off to the Gym.

I might have to have that surgery. Not something I’m looking forward to

Well damn. I’m glad you came out of the surgery okay. That’s a routine and a half.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...ctrolytes_Info_Sheet.pdf?11884772223278009158

According to his recent book "The TB12 Method" (Simon and Schuster, 2017), Brady drinks 150 ounces (4.4 liters) of water "on a given day," and "close to twice that" — amounting to about 2.3 gallons (8.7 liters), or 37 glasses — when he exercises.

And this direct quote from his book:

"When I was growing up, and playing outside in the sun, I got sunburned a lot. I was a fair-skinned Irish boy, after all. These days, even if I get an adequate amount of sun, I won’t get a sunburn, which I credit to the amount of water I drink. I always hydrate afterward, too, to keep my skin from peeling. When I once told that to my sister, she said, “You mean I don’t have to use all those moisturizers and facial products to keep my skin looking good? I should just drink as much water as you do? I think you should market your TB12 Electrolytes as a beauty product.” I just laughed."

You can hate ESPN all you like, but they didn't make that **** up.

No but they can couple it with **** they make up, like: and he presumes that the muscles under his skin look like "beautiful tenderloins" instead of "shriveled jerky.'

So while I concede that Brady is the one making the sunburn/hydration connection, I still stand by my assertion that ESPN makes things look far worse than they are when it comes to Brady.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..

Ok, so now your best three players have bought into a program/regiment that runs counter to the mainstream philosophy that's existed in the weight room since day one. How do you manage this growing division? That's the discussion in this thread. My thinking is that BB is in the wrong here, if what he did is true.

I might have to have that surgery. Not something I’m looking forward to
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I've asked a ton of my doctors, so by this time, I'm fairly well informed for a lay person.

No but they can couple it with **** they make up, like: and he presumes that the muscles under his skin look like "beautiful tenderloins" instead of "shriveled jerky.'

So while I concede that Brady is the one making the sunburn/hydration connection, I still stand by my assertion that ESPN makes things look far worse than they are when it comes to Brady.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..

Ok, so now your best three players have bought into a program/regiment that runs counter to the mainstream philosophy that's existed in the weight room since day one. How do you manage this growing division? That's the discussion in this thread. My thinking is that BB is in the wrong here, if what he did is true.
The pliability and resistance bands stuff is not remotely exclusive to Guerroro. You have to give the guys working for billion dollar companies taking care of multmillions of dollars of player inventory that they possibly have looked into all this stuff.

Stack that up against the guy who scammed cancer and AIDS patients.

The pliability and resistance bands stuff is not remotely exclusive to Guerroro. You have to give the guys working for billion dollar companies taking care of multmillions of dollars of player inventory that they possibly have looked into all this stuff.

Stack that up against the guy who scammed cancer and AIDS patients.

You can't possibly be silly enough to think that team trainers have all the answers. We know that those so-called "answers" have changed over the decades. We know that today's "answers" involve things that didn't even exist not all that long ago. We know that players have been going elsewhere for training and treatment for a long time, as well

So, you can rant on about Guerrero all you want, but you just look like a fool who's so desperate to grind an axe that he ignores the situational reality. The situational reality is players wanting to be on the field, healthy and at peak preparedness.

Last edited:
You can't possibly be silly enough to think that team trainers have all the answers. We know that those so-called "answers" have changed over the decades. We know that today's "answers" involve things that didn't even exist not all that long ago. We know that players have been going elsewhere for training and treatment for a long time, as well

So, you can rant on about Guerrero all you want, but you just look like a fool who's so desperate to grind an axe that he ignores the situational reality. The situational reality is players wanting to be on the field, healthy and at peak preparedness.

Right. I'm the one who's a fool because I'm bothered by a guy who literally scammed cancer and AIDS patients. Good to know where your priorities lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots