PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner

Plays hard and really seems to be figuring things out. Rooting hard for him to become a key cog on this team.

This thread has aged well
It was one really great game for him....I hope it continues....he has done nothing up until today honestly....I think the fact that Chargers are NOT good and played their WORST game of season played into his success....but again I’m pulling for him....hope this game is his turning point!

183 total yards, two TDs. He‘ll never forget this game. He showed some nice moves on the last punt return.

So pumped for Gunner. He's really following the Edelman career path. I can only hope he develops into half of what Edelman is. But will he have a chance to show it as a true receiver next year? One thing is clear - Stid and he have a connection, just like last year in preseason.

He was leading the league in punt return average before today’s game. Now he’s averaging almost twice the next best guy.
In total punt return yardage, he's second in the league behind the guy down in Miami...

You are an idiot.
Honestly, pound sand bud.

I’m not a “glass half empty” guy, and have nothing against Gunner.... BUT that San Diego special teams unit is a complete f***in dumpster fire.

Via WEEI....“According to Football Outsiders, the Chargers are on pace to have the second-worst special teams ever measured by the outlet.”

I’m really happy for the kid, truly, but I don’t see why all a sudden this kid is the 2nd coming of Edelman because he had a couple good returns vs a god-awful special teams unit.

Could he end up being great? I have no idea... even the commentators were laughing at how long he ran before he even came close to a defender on his TD

People act like he was a stud before two weeks ago. He wasn’t. He was making bad decisions and wasn’t a great returner. Maybe something clicked or maybe Bill’s comments sparked something but he looks like a completely different player.

Too soon....and that’s a great goal for him....but Edelman is legendary....Olzewski had one great magical game

And that was against a ST that's so bad that you have to go way back to 2000 Bills for comparison.

A punt return TD is a game changing, very special play in football. He should have 2 of them this season, but the refs robbed him of one. I don't know about the comparisons to Edelman, I'm not going that far yet, but to me he's proven he belongs in this league at minimum.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back