PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's issue with part of the Patriots Way under BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to disregard dudes who end every sentence with “yo”

Gronk called out Jerry and the Boys as ****ies for practicing in the bubble during bad weather.

Dude is a loose cannon.

Gronk called out Jerry and the Boys as ****ies for practicing in the bubble during bad weather.

Dude is a loose cannon.
Yea but it was funny.

Hes a TV character now.

BB sucked every last bit of greatness out of him.

If he goes somewhere else, who cares.

I'm not buying any of his CBD oil.

Because it really takes that much to be successful all that time consistently.

It kinda gets really hard when you are stepping into your 30's.

Kind of amazing how Brady has actually stepped the intensity up when he is now in his 40's.

upload_2019-11-25_15-20-2.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-25_15-20-2.png
    upload_2019-11-25_15-20-2.png
    960.9 KB · Views: 2
It was but the other guys on set cringed.
IDK, when they panned out it seems Howie Long and Tony G. had their heads down and were cracking up. Leave Gronk alone - he's having fun and he's a goofball. He's not really calling out the Pats - just listing some stuff that wore on him. Presumably they're paying him to dish, and he isn't saying anything we don't already know. For the most part he's a pro-Pats homer.

He’s playing a character. It’s what he was brought to Fox to do. He will have some insight that he can offer but he is there to be the meathead goofball who creates sound bites. I’m not mad at him for getting paid and he’s not badmouthing the team so much as he’s stating some of the factors that caused him to hang it up.

I appreciate everything that Gronk did for the team and the community, but his nonstop attention seeking is too much, lately.

I understand him but I also think maintaining that mental discipline to intentionally disregard milestone successes is the reason for the Patriots sustain dominance. Gronk is complaining about an approach that has won 6 super bowls. It is now obvious that his personality conflicted with BB's and I think this strained their relationship in the end as reported.
I love Gronk, but I don't like what I am seeing from him. With time I can compartmentalized his play from the person, but so far he is showing that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thinking and seeing the biggest picture. Does Gronk talk with Lane Johnson? Is he his source?
I think Gronk is taking winning and success for granted since he never knew anything else over the course of his career.

You don't achieve greatness by being complacent and being satisfied with 10-1. I think Belichick takes a page from Parcells' old playbook in that in many ways, you are tougher on your team when they play really well so they don't get full of themselves.

I think Gronk is taking winning and success for granted since he never knew anything else over the course of his career.

You don't achieve greatness by being complacent and being satisfied with 10-1. I think Belichick takes a page from Parcells' old playbook in that in many ways, you are tougher on your team when they play really well so they don't get full of themselves.
I thought the same when I read this.

The grass is always greener on the other side. He has always won so he has become numb on why the winning was consistent and the rings kept appearing on his fingers. If he played for a loser his whole career he would be on there saying “I would do anything to be a Patriot so I could experience the excellence that they command and the feeling of being a SB winner”.

Then again he is doing and saying anything that gets him attention and making money. He was a great player but now is more of an annoying nat.

b5c54f9fb22ed8a86f71340f19ec38da.png

Everyone finds motivation in different places. I think the BB approach works best on average, but Gronk may be one of the smaller group of players who can just be happy about success and feed on that.

Gronk is trying to make a name for himself as an analyst and so he has to say some things outside the main stream of thought or that are semi controversial.
I do not hold it against him, but remember Gronk had a critical role in only one of the 6 super bowl wins (the last one). So his thoughts about the Patriot way are not exactly fundamental to the success they have achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST