Gronk's issue with part of the Patriots Way under BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Gronk said:
“He’s so frustrated, too. It’s like, ‘Yo, you guys are 9-1.’ That’s one part I don’t miss about being there. Hand down. I’m not going to lie. I don’t miss that,” Gronkowski said on air before Sunday’s Week 12 games began. “They’re frustrated. They’re 9-1. They win a game against Philly last week. We lost to them two years ago in the Super Bowl. They should be happy. Instead, you’re sitting there Sunday night thinking, ‘What did I do wrong?’ No, that’s not the feeling you should be having. But you won the game. Enjoy it. Go out next week, and build off it.
No, I’m not coming back,” he said.
I understand him but I also think maintaining that mental discipline to intentionally disregard milestone successes is the reason for the Patriots sustain dominance. Gronk is complaining about an approach that has won 6 super bowls. It is now obvious that his personality conflicted with BB's and I think this strained their relationship in the end as reported.
I love Gronk, but I don't like what I am seeing from him. With time I can compartmentalized his play from the person, but so far he is showing that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thinking and seeing the biggest picture. Does Gronk talk with Lane Johnson? Is he his source?

Whatever, Gronk looked like a child out there trying to keep up with the other talking heads. I say he's one and done as an analyst. Still room for you next year Gronk.

Gronk needs to shut up at this point

I’m fine with it. I think he knows that the focus on how to get better is the reason for all their success. It just doesn’t mesh with his personality and he’s mostly saying he didn’t like that aspect of the job.

Also his comment at halftime ripping Jerry Jones was easily the best thing I’ve ever seen in a studio show, which are usually stupid, full of “jokes” that aren’t funny, and have content like “if the Cowboys want to win this game, they have to play better on offense!” They’re horrible and add nothing to my enjoyment of the game. More Gronk please.

Jumped the shark.

Rocky Balboa attempting to read the cue cards for his commercial was less awkward than Gronk attempting public speaking. And people thought he had a career in Hollywood?

Idiot savant.

Savant on the field. Off the field, comes across more idiot.

I understand him but I also think maintaining that mental discipline to intentionally disregard milestone successes is the reason for the Patriots sustain dominance. Gronk is complaining about an approach that has won 6 super bowls. It is now obvious that his personality conflicted with BB's and I think this strained their relationship in the end as reported.
I love Gronk, but I don't like what I am seeing from him. With time I can compartmentalized his play from the person, but so far he is showing that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thinking and seeing the biggest picture. Does Gronk talk with Lane Johnson? Is he his source?

You just figured out that Gronk isn't the sharpest knife?

Also his comment at halftime ripping Jerry Jones was easily the best thing I’ve ever seen in a studio show, which are usually stupid, full of “jokes” that aren’t funny, and have content like “if the Cowboys want to win this game, they have to play better on offense!” They’re horrible and add nothing to my enjoyment of the game. More Gronk please.

I agree with this. Rarely are football commentators actually interesting. While Gronk was pumping a bit of homerism there, he was telling the truth, and sticking it to some billionaire, mush-brained dipshit. Anytime someone wants to sound off against that archetype, I am all for it.

Gronkowski is making a fool of himself trying to "keep up" his "brand"... dancing w the Lakers girls? Wtf...and he sounds like a complete moron on TV. And his Western NY accent is ****ing hard on the ears...but you can be sure some media outlet whores (not in female sense, in case some are triggered - I mean that media are whores in that they will sell out) will breathlessly cover Gronkowski stupid SB "party".....

I agree with this. Rarely are football commentators actually interesting. While Gronk was pumping a bit of homerism there, he was telling the truth, and sticking it to some billionaire, mush-brained dipshit. Anytime someone wants to sound off against that archetype, I am all for it.

It was fantastic. I could also see it upsetting the network heads because he was criticizing Jerry Jones, who they have to keep a good relationship with.

Last edited:
I see no reason to talk or worry about what he says, at least for this year since he said he’s not coming back

Its awkward to watch the other guys faces when Gronk is talking, almost like they're waiting for him to go rogue and say something really stupid. Bradshaw was there to tap him before he went off script. They seem to like him though.

I just don't like the stooge role they've got him playing, imitating BB, letting out locker room stuff that's kept the NEP mystic as an organization. Whatever.

It was fantastic. I could also see it upsetting the network heads because he was criticizing Jerry Jones, who they have to keep a good relationship with.

Care to elaborate on your 'confused' rating of my post above, I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Using my phone so I may have accidentally hit "confused" while scrolling. Changed it!

Edit - I'm starting to realize how often this may happen. If anyone is frustrated by a seemingly random "confused" rating I've given, go ahead and let me know. 99% of the time I probably didn't mean to do it. I avoid negative ratings and instead post disagreements and resort to ratings after.

Last edited:
Gronk is bad as a sports caster but at the end of the day - That's my tight end!

The ex-players aren't there to be good sportscasters. There's zero reason to think they would be at all good at it. What about playing football has any carryover to speaking fluently in front of a camera?

We take issue with ex athletes on sports shows who won’t say anything to rock the boat, but now we take issue with Gronk when he says what’s on his mind.

He also praised Belichick when he spoke about practicing in all conditions. Gronk knows Belichick is the best coach in the league but Gronk personality is upbeat so after a win he doesn’t want to feel like it’s a loss. Not everyone will love everything about Belichicks ways, but Gronk obviously liked the atmosphere enough and playing with Brady to reject the trade to Detroit.

I have no issue with what Gronk said. These guys are human, they’re not robots.

Gronk is bad as a sports caster but at the end of the day - That's my tight end!

Yeah I really miss Gronk the TE but I think he's going to be one of those sports caster's that quickly wears out their welcome. The revolving hire then fire door which some of them are so us to.

So, I was listening to non Boston sports radio this morning. I dont know who their sources are or how they came upon this alleged information.

One of the hosts said that Gronk would NEVER come back to New England Patriots because he is sick of all the negativity. Nothing was ever good enough for certain people. They weren't happy go lucky. You all know who Gronk is referring to.

I'm only the messenger sharing what I heard. It does not seemed farfetched at all.

God just one more week before the rumors are tabled until the off season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back