PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's issue with part of the Patriots Way under BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand him but I also think maintaining that mental discipline to intentionally disregard milestone successes is the reason for the Patriots sustain dominance. Gronk is complaining about an approach that has won 6 super bowls. It is now obvious that his personality conflicted with BB's and I think this strained their relationship in the end as reported.
I love Gronk, but I don't like what I am seeing from him. With time I can compartmentalized his play from the person, but so far he is showing that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thinking and seeing the biggest picture. Does Gronk talk with Lane Johnson? Is he his source?

IMHO there's no doubt about it. You gotta be hungry to win the macro picture. It's human nature to eventually be complacent once you get to the top. BB targets the 'you're never as good as you/they think, there's always something you need to work on'. That's how he tries to keep complacency staved off. It obviously works for him. And it probably does take some of the "fun" out of it. But do you want to have the best chance to win or do you want lesser chance with more "fun"? From a fan's perspective I opt for the former :)

Gronk answers some questions. Says David Andrews is the most crucial piece missing and says Brady will be partying with him the day before SB no matter what (just to try sell more tickets).

I've got no problem with this. He's a TE, and he's a fun loving goofball, and he was dealing with a body that was getting snapped around, year after year. If he was the QB, it might be a different story, but he's the kind of guy who's good to have as a helper/friend to the leader.

tenor.png

So, I was listening to non Boston sports radio this morning. I dont know who their sources are or how they came upon this alleged information.

One of the hosts said that Gronk would NEVER come back to New England Patriots because he is sick of all the negativity. Nothing was ever good enough for certain people. They weren't happy go lucky. You all know who Gronk is referring to.

I'm only the messenger sharing what I heard. It does not seemed farfetched at all.

Gronk is wearing some nice shiney jewelry and has his name on a dented trophy. He's on a show and has a name because he was a Patriot not in spite of it. So I love Gronk but he needs to STFU.

Glad he is off the team. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out. Shameful.

List of players you’re glad are off the team:

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Antonio Brown

Anyone else? I mean, I’m really glad we don’t have two additional Hall of Fame players on offense too. Brady doesn’t appear to be losing his sht over it or anything.

I understand him but I also think maintaining that mental discipline to intentionally disregard milestone successes is the reason for the Patriots sustain dominance. Gronk is complaining about an approach that has won 6 super bowls. It is now obvious that his personality conflicted with BB's and I think this strained their relationship in the end as reported.
I love Gronk, but I don't like what I am seeing from him. With time I can compartmentalized his play from the person, but so far he is showing that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thinking and seeing the biggest picture. Does Gronk talk with Lane Johnson? Is he his source?
I have been off the gronk band wagon since the monster energy drink fiasco. I can't stand him. Flame away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents