PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you’re saying and maybe I’m wrong but it seems like some are annoyed that he doesn’t just go away. I feel like a big part of the reason he retired is because he wants to peruse off field opportunities.

I don't think that's what they're saying, but hey... there have been more insane takes on this forum than that, so you may be right. I like to think everyone here would take him back if he wanted to come back, but just right now are mentally moving on. I feel like we did a similar thing with Josh Gordon. We all kind of assumed we were going into the season without him, and his reinstatement is a bonus.

i agree with you 100 percent. He screwed the team over. im glad he's gone. And i hope it stays that way.
Garbage take. The guy took a beating year in and year out for the team. He was the best at his position for 90% of his career and did a ton of charity work. I don’t know what more you can ask of a player. He’s allowed to take some time to fully decide on his future after being physically and mentally drained.

But CBD oil isn't a substance of abuse.
True but the trace amounts of THC in CBD trigger positive tests and the NFL can’t definitively determine if that comes from oil or actual weed. The league needs to change their marijuana policy.

Just another celebrity huckster telling the gullible public to ingest the latest cure-all while grabbing his slice of the pie.

People taking medical advice from a guy who giggles when he hears the number “69” ....
Only in America

True but the trace amounts of THC in CBD trigger positive tests and the NFL can’t definitively determine if that comes from oil or actual weed. The league needs to change their marijuana policy.
As far as I know there are no trace elements of THC in CBD oil ... as far as I know, that is.

i agree with you 100 percent. He screwed the team over. im glad he's gone. And i hope it stays that way.

If you wanna say he screwed us from getting who? Jared Cook? That’s fine you can make that argument. But you can’t blame Gronk for us not drafting one.

Just another celebrity huckster telling the gullible public to ingest the latest cure-all while grabbing his slice of the pie.

People taking medical advice from a guy who giggles when he hears the number “69” ....
Only in America
Aim higher.

CBD oil has done good things for my wife's decades-ago broken hips and pelvis (horrific car accident). No surprise it is helping Gronk. And he's a perfect spokesperson for it. Really, an ad agency couldn't have scripted him up from scratch.

For me, a 5mg edible helps greatly with sleep quality. That's a different product - it is the THC that makes the difference. And really helpful with jet lag recovery; airlines should hand them out.

The misdirected, random anger that shows up on this Board (all NFL Boards, I guess) is really sad. Gronk doesn't owe any of us anything, and yet people act like he's somehow been disloyal to them. It is a twisted, narcissistic form of entitlement.

That would be a logical conclusion, but if he has never been busted for a dui he can claim thqt he doesn't drive under the influence and that it is unjust to suspend him for something he Might have done.

Well, yeah. I never said he should be suspended.

Was I wrong in anything I said? Or are you just one of many chicken little’s on here not capable of accepting criticism of player/team?

It was inconsiderate of Gronk but I don't really give a **** at the end of the day. He doesn't owe me.

Only in America
Ahh yes it’s the celebrities screwing up America pitching non additive alternatives to dangerous meds. It certainly isn’t major pharmaceutical companies or anyone like Johnson & Johnson (yes the NYJ ownership Johnson’s) who were just ordered to pay half a billion dollars to the state of Oklahoma for fueling the opioid crisis.

one of Gordon's suspensions did apparently come from simply drinking alcohol on a plane, which violated the terms of his previous suspension.

Joe Haden on Josh Gordon's fateful plane ride: 'Nobody was aware he couldn't drink' - cleveland.com

Gordon, who was suspended a minimum of one year for drinking on the plane, explained in an open letter on The Cauldron that he had two beers and two drinks on the private jet and was informed upon landing that he had to report to a testing location within four hours. He also stated that he thought his ban on drinking had expired because the season was over.
Gordon posted videos from the plane, which undoubtedly prompted the testing.

CBD oil has done good things for my wife's decades-ago broken hips and pelvis (horrific car accident). No surprise it is helping Gronk. And he's a perfect spokesperson for it. Really, an ad agency couldn't have scripted him up from scratch.

For me, a 5mg edible helps greatly with sleep quality. That's a different product - it is the THC that makes the difference. And really helpful with jet lag recovery; airlines should hand them out.

The misdirected, random anger that shows up on this Board (all NFL Boards, I guess) is really sad. Gronk doesn't owe any of us anything, and yet people act like he's somehow been disloyal to them. It is a twisted, narcissistic form of entitlement.
I think it's a lack of education when it comes to anything marijuana related.

Ahh yes it’s the celebrities screwing up America pitching non additive alternatives to dangerous meds. It certainly isn’t major pharmaceutical companies or anyone like Johnson & Johnson (yes the NYJ ownership Johnson’s) who were just ordered to pay half a billion dollars to the state of Oklahoma for fueling the opioid crisis.

Lol the dislike on your post must be from a corporate lawyer.

Lol the dislike on your post must be from a corporate lawyer.
Lol “captain insaneo” is mad I disagreed with his “Gronk screwed the team” post.

Congrats to Gronk. He seems to have found a new career. IMHO, this choice is a much better one than pro wrestling or acting, where he would be sort of a celebrity joke.

He can help lead the effort to take CBD and medical marijuana off the NFL banned list.

Also, Gronk can continue to make money through endorsements.

They're not circus animals.

Plus it's entirely possible to 'know' something before you have done all the contemplation you need to do before you are ready to accept it?

Plenty of us have had a relationship we 'knew' was over but stayed in it for weeks or months because we only knew that to be the case deep down - the conscious mind kept trying to come up with a path to salvage things.

It's unbelievably obnoxious to paint Gronk as the bad guy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes