PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another celebrity huckster telling the gullible public to ingest the latest cure-all while grabbing his slice of the pie.

People taking medical advice from a guy who giggles when he hears the number “69” ....
Only in America
I'm sure he is lying when he says he's pain free for the first time in 10 years.

Garbage take. The guy took a beating year in and year out for the team. He was the best at his position for 90% of his career and did a ton of charity work. I don’t know what more you can ask of a player. He’s allowed to take some time to fully decide on his future after being physically and mentally drained.

I agree. However, I think the point is that if Gronk *KNEW* he was done right after the Super Bowl (his words, not mine), then what you describe isn't really the situation.

I suspect that what happened is that during the SB, he knew he was done, but wanted to give it just a little more time to see how his body felt in the weeks to follow. But still...the draft was more than 2 months after the SB...if he knew during the SB, he could have told the team before the draft. He chose not to. He has that right. Football is a very tough business and I wish Gronk nothing but the best. But he could have told the team before the draft (seeing as though, by his own words, he knew his deal) and chose not to. That didn't help the team, but rather, maybe have hurt it. (may have...maybe, maybe not...who knows)

I agree. However, I think the point is that if Gronk *KNEW* he was done right after the Super Bowl (his words, not mine), then what you describe isn't really the situation.

I suspect that what happened is that during the SB, he knew he was done, but wanted to give it just a little more time to see how his body felt in the weeks to follow. But still...the draft was more than 2 months after the SB...if he knew during the SB, he could have told the team before the draft. He chose not to. He has that right. Football is a very tough business and I wish Gronk nothing but the best. But he could have told the team before the draft (seeing as though, by his own words, he knew his deal) and chose not to. That didn't help the team, but rather, maybe have hurt it. (may have...maybe, maybe not...who knows)

Even if he didn’t inform the team before the draft it really didn’t have any bearing on how we approached the draft. They knew even if Gronk came back he was on the back end of his career. And they still ignored the TE position.

I'm glad for these guys gettin' while the gettin' is still good.........take your money and run with your health......the league along with fans like the naysayers here don't care that you're getting mauled.

Teams don't hesitate to dump them the moment they start to slip........works both ways

Even if he didn’t inform the team before the draft it really didn’t have any bearing on how we approached the draft. They knew even if Gronk came back he was on the back end of his career. And they still ignored the TE position.

I don't disagree, but it's one thing to plan for the long-term; it's another thing to suddenly find the best player in the NFL at that position isn't playing...after you had a chance to draft a replacement. That's why I said that "That didn't help the team, but rather, maybe have hurt it. (may have...maybe, maybe not...who knows)" You're right - maybe they'd have drafted exactly the same way. But maybe not. For sure it didn't HELP the team, as I said. It MAY have hurt them. But who knows.

I don't disagree, but it's one thing to plan for the long-term; it's another thing to suddenly find the best player in the NFL at that position isn't playing...after you had a chance to draft a replacement. That's why I said that "That didn't help the team, but rather, maybe have hurt it. (may have...maybe, maybe not...who knows)" You're right - maybe they'd have drafted exactly the same way. But maybe not. For sure it didn't HELP the team, as I said. It MAY have hurt them. But who knows.

meh.......team puts team first.......player puts player first

also, the best player at his position should be paid like the best player at his position.........maybe if he was, he'd still be out there

But who knows.

That's really the point here. None of us does. We don't know if he told the Pats he was having doubts about coming back. If he did, we don't know when. We don't know if that information, or lack of it, had any bearing on personnel planning by the team in any way, including the draft.

Ahh yes it’s the celebrities screwing up America pitching non additive alternatives to dangerous meds. It certainly isn’t major pharmaceutical companies or anyone like Johnson & Johnson (yes the NYJ ownership Johnson’s) who were just ordered to pay half a billion dollars to the state of Oklahoma for fueling the opioid crisis.
Are your REALLY comparing what happened in the opioid crisis to CBD?? Dude your medications are NOT working. You need to see your physician IMMEDIATELY......... or you can use an emoji to indicate you are just being sarcastic, and we all will laugh WITH you not at you.

meh.......team puts team first.......player puts player first

Yeah, I got no problem with it. I'm just making the point that it *may* have hurt the team is all. Really, I'm just trying to clarify the other poster's point actually.

Yeah, I got no problem with it. I'm just making the point that it *may* have hurt the team is all. Really, I'm just trying to clarify the other poster's point actually.

that's not his problem..........seems as though the team completely dropped the ball in the 'next man up' department

Gronk will be hitting the infomercial circuit shortly. Stay tuned...!

Are your REALLY comparing what happened in the opioid crisis to CBD?? Dude your medications are NOT working. You need to see your physician IMMEDIATELY......... or you can use an emoji to indicate you are just being sarcastic, and we all will laugh WITH you not at you.

I don't know if I'd even call that post sarcasm, I think it's a comparison invoked deliberately because CBD is much less of a big deal, yet it was ostensibly implied by someone in the thread that Gronk endorsing it is a symptom of a societal issue.

Reading. Comprehension.

The post I quoted said Gronk is just a “celebrity huckster” pitching a cure all. No matter what anyone’s feelings on CBD oil are it’s certainly not as harmful as the pain pills that many athletes are given to deal with pain.

So, His return or not depends on a new CBA that allows marijuana or marijuana extract usage by players. Interesting

You can get CBD entirely from hemp as opposed to marijuana. And hemp has no psychoactive component like THC in marijuana.

Seems like a cool venture. CBD is all the rage now. Has anyone had any success with it? I tried some orally a few times. Doesn’t do anything for me.

You can get CBD entirely from hemp as opposed to marijuana. And hemp has no psychoactive component like THC in marijuana.
available in all 50 states

Order directly for the manufacture's web sites. Amazon is a bit queasy, so that don't carry any of the top seller. After all CBD is still not legal federally, although individuals are never prosecuted, and I don't think companies have been prosecuted either.

available in all 50 states

Order directly for the manufacture's web sites. Amazon is a bit queasy, so that don't carry any of the top seller. After all CBD is still not legal federally, although individuals are never prosecuted, and I don't think companies have been prosecuted either.

I added it to my morning cappuccino from our high street juice/smoothie shop this morning on way to work.

What’s the fuss? Cost £1.50

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles...-uk-chain-to-introduce-cbd-oil-coffee-booster

2019_Spring_Shoot_CBD_Coffee.jpg

It's expensive stuff. We have a local shop where my dad bought some for back pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes