PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to be better than being the best team (or best two) in the NFL. :)

SOME THOUGHTS ON THE OFFENSE (the defense is among the top 3 in the NFL, and needs little discussion, other than the potential need for a backup NT).

OFFENSIVE LINE
Our OL is getting better each week and will take a few more games to gel. BB is likely looking for an improvement at backup center. Eleumunor is our swing OT until Wynn returns, so we could use another OT if one became available. Also, we need to OL to get healthy.

TIGHT END
Watson is coming back. Izzo is our backup until, and if, LeCosse is healthy.

RUNNING BACK
This is among the best group that we've had. The OL needs to improve its blocking. How is bad that we are celebrating Burkhead's performance instead of Michel's?

WIDE RECEIVER
The unit will be better when Edelman is healthy, and the OL is blocking better. Our top three are very good indeed. Brady could use some help from Meyers, Harry and/or Meredith, as well as a healthy top 3.

BOTTOM LINE
I wouldn't change anything on the offense, although we could use upgrades on some of the backups, as always. This year it is at OT, OG, TE and WR.

A question....

Will Gronk's association with CBD subject him to drug testing if he returns?

Since everyone else is weighing in on the potential of Gronk returning, may I submit what I see as the chance that we will yet see Gronk back on the team.

No way Jose! He's done, finished, gone, played out, and thoroughly through.

And Gronk being finished is as emphatic, conclusive, and irrefutable as Meinhardt Raabe's famous line,

"As coroner, I must aver
I thoroughly examined her.
And she’s not only merely dead,
She’s really most sincerely dead."

If Gronk was truly done he would file retirement papers and end all speculation.

When asked about going back to the Pat's Gronk would say "it's over" instead of saying " if I get the passion for the game back I would consider playing again"

If Gronk was truly done he would file retirement papers and end all speculation.

When asked about going back to the Pat's Gronk would say "it's over" instead of saying " if I get the passion for the game back I would consider playing again"

He's leaving an outside chance to come back. Maybe 15-20% chance but does not want to file his retirement papers just in case.

Click "X" if you want. I am not getting into another flame war.
Saying he is "done done done" is close enough for anyone that is objective

Rob Gronkowski not interested in returning to Patriots midseason, is ‘done, done, done,’ agent says

Since everyone else is weighing in on the potential of Gronk returning, may I submit what I see as the chance that we will yet see Gronk back on the team.

And Gronk being finished is as emphatic, conclusive, and irrefutable as Meinhardt Raabe's famous line,

"As coroner, I must aver

I have so many questions about this post.

Last edited:
A question....

Will Gronk's association with CBD subject him to drug testing if he returns?
The question is backwards. All NFL players under contract are subject to drug tests. The question is if CBD results in positive tests. Gronk certainly seems to think so from what he's said. (And if CBD metabolizes to the same/similar stuff that the test is actually testing for (which I don't know -- @Palm Beach Pats Fan ?), then it will result in a positive test.)

Not sure how he's going to get any catches after we trade for AJ Green, Stephon Diggs and Emmanuel Sanders.
I’m still waiting for Adam Seward to come walking through those doors.

"As coroner, I must aver
I included this quote tongue in cheek. And in the way of figurative language it might be viewed as simile, analogy, or symbolism. Take your pick.

As for the quote itself, it was in reference to the finality of Gronk's football career.

The quote uttered by Meinhardt Raabe was one of the few lines uttered by any of the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz.

When Dorothy's house fell on and killed the Wicked Witch of the East it was Meinhardt Raabe who uttered these famous lines of dialogue declaring for certainty that the Wicked Witch was indeed finished.

I included this quote tongue in cheek. And in the way of figurative language it might be viewed as simile, analogy, or symbolism. Take your pick.

As for the quote itself, it was in reference to the finality of Gronk's football career.

The quote uttered by Meinhardt Raabe was one of the few lines uttered by any of the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz.

When Dorothy's house fell on and killed the Wicked Witch of the East it was Meinhardt Raabe who uttered these famous lines of dialogue declaring for certainty that the Wicked Witch was indeed finished.

It just would appear that you’re arguing with yourself, you know, with the same maroon italicized font for each one of the speculations.

The question is backwards. All NFL players under contract are subject to drug tests. The question is if CBD results in positive tests. Gronk certainly seems to think so from what he's said. (And if CBD metabolizes to the same/similar stuff that the test is actually testing for (which I don't know -- @Palm Beach Pats Fan ?), then it will result in a positive test.)
I’m nowhere near as smart as PBPF, but I am a man who likes his CBD oil, and from everything that I’ve read and researched, there is no detectable THC that would set off a drug test in “regular” (non-THC) CBD. Nothing gets you high, because there’s an absence of THC.

Now, if you want to mix your CBD and THC together (I highly recommend it), then you have to pursue that through your local dispensary, with a medicinal marijuana card (here in my state of PA).

Bottom line: if Gronk or any other NFL player is serious about taking a CBD supplement to reduce the pain and inflammation, they shouldn’t have any issue in terms of failing a test. Also, let’s remember that those who have never failed a test are only subject to the once per spring/April testing process, so I don’t know that his situation is necessarily different from anyone else who would be coming out of retirement.

If he didn’t file his retirement papers then he’s not retired.

Please come back...................... We need you........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News