PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn’t file his retirement papers then he’s not retired.
Distinction without a difference. Even if he had filed them he can trivially revoke them.

And functionally he certainly retired - NE is not paying him, he doesn’t count against the cap, and NE has the rights to him even though he’s not on the roster. If it walks like a duck...

Distinction without a difference. Even if he had filed them he can trivially revoke them.

And functionally he certainly retired - NE is not paying him, he doesn’t count against the cap, and NE has the rights to him even though he’s not on the roster. If it walks like a duck...
Quite correct but I was responding to a duck that has trouble walking.

The question is backwards. All NFL players under contract are subject to drug tests. The question is if CBD results in positive tests. Gronk certainly seems to think so from what he's said. (And if CBD metabolizes to the same/similar stuff that the test is actually testing for (which I don't know -- @Palm Beach Pats Fan ?), then it will result in a positive test.)

Right, but I believe all players are tested once a year on or around 4/20...then if you had a violation in the past....you would be tested more often. So, if Gronk came back....and had zero previous violations...would he be randomly tested? Or would he be tested in April, 2020?

With all due respect, Rosenhaus also told Bill that AB would make a great addition to NE...

Both AB & Gronk are incredible talented athletes. That is for sure.

Only took one bad offensive game to start the gronkowski return talk...

Gronk said last week that his weight had been down to 250 from 265 as he wanted to feel a little light after being 265 from the age of 18 onwards. He said he was working on putting the weight back to 265 now. Separately he mentioned how any return would likely be week 14ish for a postseason run.

Gronk would lose all credibility if the rumors that he keeps fueling are an April fools prank.

so? what is changing for him?

Gronk said last week that his weight had been down to 250 from 265 as he wanted to feel a little light after being 265 from the age of 18 onwards. He said he was working on putting the weight back to 265 now. Separately he mentioned how any return would likely be week 14ish for a postseason run.
Well, then that means there would be no return. If he's not back on the team by the trade deadline (which is long before week 14) he's not allowed to come back this year by NFL rules.

Well, then that means there would be no return. If he's not back on the team by the trade deadline (which is long before week 14) he's not allowed to come back this year by NFL rules.

Can you cite that rule or provide a link? Week 13 has been widely quoted as the latest date he could return.

Can you cite that rule or provide a link? Week 13 has been widely quoted as the latest date he could return.
Oh OK. I could have sworn I've read the trade deadline was the return deadline. Similar to how that (or right around then) is the deadline for players holding out to return if they want an accrued season towards free agency.

We probably would only need Gronk at his best for 2-3 regular season games and then (hopefully) 2 home playoff games and the superbowl.

Is it overly optimistic to believe that, at age 30, he can pull this off?

Oh OK. I could have sworn I've read the trade deadline was the return deadline. Similar to how that (or right around then) is the deadline for players holding out to return if they want an accrued season towards free agency.

Just in time for @ Houston, then KC the following week.

We may or may not need him for week 16 vs. Bills.

The timing is perfect!:D

We probably would only need Gronk at his best for 2-3 regular season games and then (hopefully) 2 home playoff games and the superbowl.

Is it overly optimistic to believe that, at age 30, he can pull this off?

I think it’s very realistic. If we had some amazing replacements, then he wouldn’t have a roster spot to come to but we don’t. And he avoids the wear and tear of a whole season. Plus teams are more tired and beaten up end of year anyway as well as poor weather and games are usually lower scoring and run oriented and he has less chances of being banged on a catch in the middle. Also it will make huge headlines if/when he returns which would put him back into the spotlight to push his corporate cause.

I think it’s very realistic. If we had some amazing replacements, then he wouldn’t have a roster spot to come to but we don’t. And he avoids the wear and tear of a whole season. Plus teams are more tired and beaten up end of year anyway as well as poor weather and games are usually lower scoring and run oriented and he has less chances of being banged on a catch in the middle. Also it will make huge headlines if/when he returns which would put him back into the spotlight to push his corporate cause.
Especially if they have jersey number 69 in reserve for him. Do they?

I think it's week 10 for holdouts but I could be mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft