SOURCE:houstonchronicle.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Gronk?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatriotsReign, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supafly

supafly Suddenly sad and Brady-less PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,136
    Fair points, but it’s probably safe to assume that Belichick is aware of his availability. There has to be a reason why he wasn’t brought back, and I think that it’s hard to imagine it happening at this point unless it was an injury situation.

2. moosekill

moosekill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,456
    Supposedly they are waiting for information from AB he hadn’t supplied the league with yet. He hasn’t met with them yet and I haven’t seen anything from him being upset about that fact. Kind of leads one to conclude the ball is in his court.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. patriot1136

patriot1136 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I thought that Dwayne Allen has been injured a lot this year. I think that may have something to do with it, in addition to the salary cap

4. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,870
    I’ve been saying it since the week after he was suspended. I couldn’t find (yeah I didn’t look real hard because there was no link) who posted it but they indicated someone in sports media mentioned the exempt list. It made too much sense given his talent and the civil stuff being tenuous (from a distance, lack of info at the time) that this was a Goodell machination to get retribution/punishment/control of a player that had circumvented the rules/procedures and pissed off 2 owners.

One of the many things I have learned from @Joker is that Goodell has no moral compass and is capable of any type of enforcement and will defend and create the rules after the punishment. So I’m sure he whispered in Kraft’s good ear that if AB did anything against the grain he had to go because The Shield needed it’s integrity back. AB sent some texts, Kraft genuflected towards Park Ave and the rest is Patsfans history.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. Zuma

Zuma PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,125
    The quote said he had knee surgery during the summer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,344
    Dywane Allen does not help the uncharacteristically low 15th ranked NE passing game. The Brady Pats are always top tier in this phase of the offense.

The last time that the NE pass offense was that far down was in 2008 when Cassell was QB. NE was the 4th ranked run offense that season by design because pining playoff aspirations on Cassells arm was doomed to fail.

The rush blocking improving via TE is overrated when I see White and Burkhead busting off positive runs. NE has always been a pass to get ahead and run to win team. Passing the ball wins the Lombardis in this day and age.

7. Zuma

Zuma PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,125
    The hope is he’s healed up enough after knee surgery during the summer to play meaningful minutes blocking. I thought he was participating during TC for Miami...maybe he had a setback.

I think we’re somewhere around 3.5 ypc...which is the league lowest or near there. He could certainly help improve in that category.

EDIT: he also played during the pre-season for Miami

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  8. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,968
    This may be true. However, AB really needs to learn when to STFU. I was hopeful that the Patriots' PR department would get through to him about handling the press and social media but, for whatever reason, they didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,433
    Oh yes, I’m quite sure Goodell is behind this in some way. My problem with the way it went is that he still has not been convicted of anything. The texts were bad yes, but to lose him all year and for good over texts seems unfair. Ben Rothlisburghers punishment was too light.

10. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,987
    Since the player isn't under contract and therefore can't be placed on the exempt list, that's disingenuous semantics at best. Were he under contract, Brown not turning over information requested by the league would be ample justification to place him on the EL. As for the civil suit (as in noncriminal) caveat, there's certainly existing precedent of high profile players getting suspended for un-prosecuted but criminally suspect behavior. Having settled a civil suit, with a NDA as part of the settlement, Roethlisberger was suspended. Hunt and Elliott were also both suspended without criminal charges being filed against them.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,870
    Yes, Roethlisberger got off easy (IMO) but he wasn’t convicted of anything either.

12. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,079
    1) “precedent”. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    2) the CBA leaves Goodell miles of room to do it, and Brown hung himself but good, saying plenty of stuff that easily fulfills the loose requirements Goodell needs to EL him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Patstastic

Patstastic 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Last year it appeared Gronk had slowed down. But he's still much better than what we have. Adding Gronk definitely improves this team. That said, it's not happening. He's not even in shape. His comments seem to suggest it won't happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ashley1992

ashley1992 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,256
    Gronk, please, please come back!!!!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  15. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +17,201