PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk was offensive at a roast of David Ortiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronkowski and Ortiz filmed those stupid dunkin Donuts commercials together... How do we know they didn't get on great, develop a friendship, and this is how they talk to each other? No wonder the country is kicking political correctness out the door....

which particular line went too far?

(i expect roasts to be offensive....but i didnt think he was especially funny)
I heard a caller on the radio today who claimed to be there reference a "joke" from someone about pedophilia at Penn State. If that happened, that's too far for me.

Gronkowski and Ortiz filmed those stupid dunkin Donuts commercials together... How do we know they didn't get on great, develop a friendship, and this is how they talk to each other? No wonder the country is kicking political correctness out the door....
I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar those two have a pretty good relationship.

Some people can get away with the stuff he said. Gronk is one of them

Other than Norm MacDonald, I can't remember the last roast I watched where every single person made some combination of racist, sexist and/or homophobic jokes.

But it's the Patriots so this is BIG NEWS ERRYBODY

My favorite roast was Beiber. Martha Stewart acknowledged his 60 million Twitter followers but told him the only place he was going to be followed in prison is the shower, and then said she could easily teach him how to make a shiv out of a comb and some gum.

Good thing Ortiz isn't Mexican... Gronk would have had to explain this vulgar display of racial stereotyping...

ezgif.com-optimize_zps0zqppput.gif

...Belichick too, for that matter. o_O

Hey that's cultural appropriation!

who gives a ****.......I just want him on the field for the entire season

It must be exhausting to live life each day being offended by each and every thing.

The strange thing is that people can't "feel" offended or embarrassed for someone else. You have to be personally offended to be offended.

"If David Ortiz was offended, then I'm offended!"

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

It seems like all you guys complaining about the concept of a safe space could use a safe space from safe spaces.
I don't respect safe spaces personally

But in reading back prior to your post, no one mentioned safe spaces but you.

This guy was not offended at all by Gronk. The media just writes this stuff cause they know they will get twitter applause. If you get offended by comments made a freakin roast, then you truly need help. Pedroia's first remarks about standing on his wallet was the line of the night!

This guy was not offended at all by Gronk. The media just writes this stuff cause they know they will get twitter applause. If you get offended by comments made a freakin roast, then you truly need help. Pedroia's first remarks about standing on his wallet was the line of the night!
I'm going to post some old Don Rickles jokes!

Sounds funny to me. Props to Gronk for telling jokes. The biggest problem with people nowadays is that they don't understand that when you are accepted by a group, you are treated the same as everybody else. ......you get jokes about you. it's all good natured ribbing.
if you can't be made fun of then you are saying you are special......when you're not. you're just like everyone else.

Join the club!
Have some fun!
Tell a joke!

Its funny because no where else have I seen anyone give a crap about this. Yet nearly everyone in this thread is complaining about people being too offended and pc and caring about jokes at a roast. You all are literally complaining about imaginary offended people. Very few people even know this roast occurred and even less care about it. And yet reading this thread you'd think people were out witch hunting Gronk or demanding he be thrown off the team or lose endorsements.

Its funny because no where else have I seen anyone give a crap about this. Yet nearly everyone in this thread is complaining about people being too offended and pc and caring about jokes at a roast. You all are literally complaining about imaginary offended people. Very few people even know this roast occurred and even less care about it. And yet reading this thread you'd think people were out witch hunting Gronk or demanding he be thrown off the team or lose endorsements.

Ortiz roast scrapped from TV, due in part to Gronk being Gronk

It's a ROAST, forchrissake, it's SUPPOSED to be offensive.
Somewhere Richard Pryor, George Carlin(the 2 GOATS of standup) and Rickles et al are rolling their eyes.
I thought Gronk was funny.
The best Jewish jokes I've heard have come from my Jewish brother in law. THOSE are offensive and I'm not even Jewish.
Lighten up everybody.

R-O-A-S-T

Yes, the jokes were offensive. See above.

a horde of protests came storming over the airwaves and internet following this dastardly "roast"...the throng seems incensed..

black-lives-matter-pridejpg.jpg

Last edited:
Is getting offended by the news coverage of the roast the same as those who might be offended by the actual roast??

IMO it is one of those tree falling in the forest things, most folks do not care.. It is just Gronk being Gronk at a celebrity roast..

Gronks "jokes" were written and edited by someone else for him to read..

Being "outraged" at the "outrage" is silly..

Is getting offended by the news coverage of the roast the same as those who might be offended by the actual roast??

IMO it is one of those tree falling in the forest things, most folks do not care.. It is just Gronk being Gronk at a celebrity roast..

Gronks "jokes" were written and edited by someone else for him to read..

Being "outraged" at the "outrage" is silly..
Who is outraged? Most people are just making fun of those people who were so offended that they got the airing of the roast canceled. Those same people probably should not have been watching a ROAST. This deflection is very weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back