– 7.9 YPA
– 288.3 YDS/G
– 104.3 rating

Tom Brady without Gronk:
– 59.9 comp %
– 6.9 YPA
– 262.6 YDS/G
– 88.1 rating

Watch Tom win NFL MVP in 2020 and watch him bury BB as the season progresses. There's no such thing as a civil divorce.

Tom Brady with Gronk:
– 65.8 comp %
– 7.9 YPA
– 288.3 YDS/G
– 104.3 rating

Tom Brady without Gronk:
– 59.9 comp %
– 6.9 YPA
– 262.6 YDS/G
– 88.1 rating

Watch Tom win NFL MVP in 2020 and watch him bury BB as the season progresses. There's no such thing as a civil divorce.
@patsfan13 Since you like stats, see above.

Oh yes he did. After they refused to give him the multi-year deal (that they should have given him) he said he knew he wasn't coming back, and it showed all of last year.
Well if it showed all of last year, that doesn’t reflect great on Brady. But it seems to me it was a bit of a mutual decision here.

It is *nice* when people bash blue collar workers while also needing them to survive during a pandemic.

People who demean hard working people are scum. And they deserve the worst in life.

ps. this is in reference to an above user who regularly bashes blue collar workers.

Numbers don't lie? Numbers without context lie every time. I can't do this anymore.

My exact words at the divorce hearing....:mad::D

BB thought the window with Brady was closed 4 years ago when he was trying to keep JG.

WTF does BB know.
Belichick was the coach during those Super Bowls. I'd say he probably deserves some credit, mate.

Unless, of course, you're saying Brady was the only reason we won those championships and the rest of the roster and coaching staff doesn't matter. If that is the case, then why didn't we win this past year with Brady?

It is *nice* when people bash blue collar workers while also needing them to survive during a pandemic.

People who demean hard working people are scum. And they deserve the worst in life.
Agreed. It's trash behavior which is par for the course for Kontra.

His post was also so long that when I posted my response, his original post that I was responding to didn't fit in the standard response box, so it looks like that last few paragraphs were sent by me. They were not. Just for the record here.

@patsfan13 Since you like stats, see above.

These are carer stats I am guessing, cannot know since source wasn't provided.
What were the results for a 30 year old Gronk and an 43 year old Brady? THAT is the question.

I think Brady will be a successful game manager in Tampa, I don't care since I root for the NE Patriots not individuals.
I can understand Brady fanboys being upset. Some of us older fans have a different perspective. I have seen Ted Williams, Bill Russell go, I have seen Bobby Orr, John Havlicek, Larry Bird. John Hannah, Andre Tippett, David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and now Tom Brady some and go.

Time is undefeated. I NEVER begrudge athletes leaving for more money or for what ever reason moves them They work hard, it is their career and it has a limited shelf life.

Belichick was the coach during those Super Bowls. I'd say he probably deserves some credit, mate.

Unless, of course, you're saying Brady was the only reason we won those championships and the rest of the roster and coaching staff doesn't matter. If that is the case, then why didn't we win this past year with Brady?

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

Tom Brady with Gronk:
– 65.8 comp %
– 7.9 YPA
– 288.3 YDS/G
– 104.3 rating

Tom Brady without Gronk:
– 59.9 comp %
– 6.9 YPA
– 262.6 YDS/G
– 88.1 rating

There are two major problems with this argument.

One, that there will be a season. Georgia reopening despite having the third highest number of new cases means that we'll probably have a second wave of the outbreak well into the summer. That may delay or cause the NFL season to be cancelled.

Two, you are assuming Gronk will be the Gronk of yore. There is a genuine debate worth having over whether Brady will return to form or continue his decline. With Gronk, even if he has a renaissance he hasn't been practicing in a year. How can a player at this level just sit around for a year without significant rust developing? If Gronk plays multiple more years, I could see him returning to his peak level. It is a big ask, though, for him to be a major factor across the year.

My guess is that Tampa is one of the biggest disappointments if we do have a season. They are like the Browns this past year: all the press and shiny objects pointed to a great season, but when you removed all the glitz you were confronted by the fact they were still the Browns. The same culture problem will likely be an issue in Tampa though to a lesser degree. Arians is a solid coach but has too big an ego. Tom and Gronk both have big egos and may be thinking they can achieve the same success as in New England without the grind imposed by Belichick. And what of the other players not accustomed to being barked at? I just don't see easy success for the Bucs because it takes team-wide resolve to win, not the lone play of a couple guys.

So you agree they made poor decisions and are hence in cap-hell with a sub-par roster. That's what the guy said.

cap hell would not be hyphenated in this usage -- yer killin' me here :D

I gotta say, it's been a nice 20 years, so... not to butt in on an ongoing spat, but... I'm kind of okay with a down season or two, especially since 2020 is unlikely to be played, at least not with fans in the stands (and if fans aren't there, are players really going to roll those dice?)

In terms of whether you can play to empty houses, it'll be a matter of accuracy of player testing. And that's if there's no shortage of tests for the general populace, because by then, the optics of weekly tests of the rich to play a game for a living might just not be the best optics.

Arguing w/13 I'm guessing. I think I had to haul out old Scar about 20 times back in the day.

My guess is that Tampa is one of the biggest disappointments if we do have a season. They are like the Browns this past year: all the press and shiny objects pointed to a great season, but when you removed all the glitz you were confronted by the fact they were still the Browns. The same culture problem will likely be an issue in Tampa though to a lesser degree.

Put that in your sig. Keep it there. If you're right, you'll have a trophy post. If you're wrong, you'll have a mark of shame.

Put that in your sig. Keep it there. If you're right, you'll have a trophy post. If you're wrong, you'll have a mark of shame.
I've already got lots of shame and trophy posts. It happens when you're a loudmouth. Lots of wins and losses. But you've got to try.

I gotta say, it's been a nice 20 years, so... not to butt in on an ongoing spat, but... I'm kind of okay with a down season or two, especially since 2020 is unlikely to be played, at least not with fans in the stands (and if fans aren't there, are players really going to roll those dice?)

Clearly.

Relax people.

These are carer stats I am guessing, cannot know since source wasn't provided.
What were the results for a 30 year old Gronk and an 43 year old Brady? THAT is the question.

I think Brady will be a successful game manager in Tampa, I don't care since I root for the NE Patriots not individuals.
I can understand Brady fanboys being upset. Some of us older fans have a different perspective. I have seen Ted Williams, Bill Russell go, I have seen Bobby Orr, John Havlicek, Larry Bird. John Hannah, Andre Tippett, David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and now Tom Brady some and go.

Time is undefeated. I NEVER begrudge athletes leaving for more money or for what ever reason moves them They work hard, it is their career and it has a limited shelf life.
Sigh... enjoy the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots