PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw them both. Gronk quit on us. And Brady basically did too. I wish them nothing but the worst on the field going foward.

Gronk says he would have considered returning to Patriots if that's where Brady landed. "It would have def been an opportunity I would have looked at."
Playing with Tom is something special.

DI5lDKoVwAEBMjM.jpg

I think the elbow will be an issue going forward...it will only get worse. I guess he is lucky if some or all camp will be cancelled...so their will be less stress on the elbow. Then again he's not going to have that rapport with his WR's.

This will be his biggest challenge...by far.

His accuracy took a dip, has less zip. What's the difference between declining somewhat and noticeably declining? There's your answer chump.
Yup, let's resort to name calling after being asked a legitimate question, which was answered with a subjective opinion with no facts or tangible data to prove. It's cool. It was my fault for asking.

When he was younger he l=ELEVATED the players around him, now he is incapable of doing that, especially when he no longer wanted to participate in the off season program beyond what was absolutely required. Now I don't fault him for that, he is beyond 40 and has a wife and kids, but whe you are going into a season with a whole new group of skill players (excepting the RB's) that isn't the receipe for success Brady had followed for the bhulk of his career.
I'm not arguing your point so much as I'm saying I still don't see how this argument definitively shows Brady "noticeably" declined, which is what I questioned. How can anyone make that assessment and ignore the skill players around him. They were clearly not good enough and some of those players would not be starters on most of the teams in the league, including his new team. BB resorted to Antonio Brown for crying out loud. That's not by accident.

By all accounts Brady wanted a multi-year deal last year, so he didn't want out.

I agree Brady was pissed after the Eagles' Super Bowl (as he should have been, the Butler benching was and is indefensible) but he got over it.
Oh yes he did. After they refused to give him the multi-year deal (that they should have given him) he said he knew he wasn't coming back, and it showed all of last year.

This will be his biggest challenge...by far.

For Brady's sake, I hope the Tennessee game is not a sign of things to come. He was horrible - 209 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. Maybe Bill realized Tom doesn't have it anymore.

I think the elbow will be an issue going forward...it will only get worse. I guess he is lucky if some or all camp will be cancelled...so their will be less stress on the elbow. Then again he's not going to have that rapport with his WR's.
Why? He got hit on the elbow last year. It was not tendinitis. Plus, he is playing in warm FL which will extend the life of his arm/elbow.

..... I made a very light-hearted joke about somebody moving from NE due in part to the attitudes of the local sports fan. ...

OT: Wait.....you thought my point about wanting to get away from New England, in part, because of the palpable negatively/lack of "friendliness" of the general populace there, was actually a statement about me wanting to move away from NE...because of their sports fans? Really? Sports Fans?

"Hey Drew, why did you move down here to North Cackalacky?"

"I tell you Brian, I just had, had, had to get away from the sports fans up there".

giphy.gif

Now I can see why you went into your little dialogue to make me the butt end of a failed joke (which admittedly you couldn't have known any better, you and I have never had the convos I have had with other posters here, such as Kontra, about where all I lived in my 37 trips around the sun...) and as such, have no issue "uprooting".

In case it needs to be made abundantly clear, no, I didn't leave NE, in any part, because of "the attitudes of local sports fans". I left NE, in part, because of the general population's gravitation toward constant negativity. You guys finish in the top 3 least friendly states routinely. Most Massholes I know wear the term as a badge of honor. It's hardly controversial to state that MA/NE isn't exactly the most warm and welcoming place. The fact that I wasn't born there, nor did I spend my formative years there, always made me an "outsider".

Which is fine by the way...you guys do you. The way I resolved that was, you guessed it, by moving away :)

Why? He got hit on the elbow last year. It was not tendinitis. Plus, he is playing in warm FL which will extend the life of his arm/elbow.
It wasn't? I thought that's what I read. If not, that's definitely a good thing!

By the way, kudos on being the first to actually break the Gronk news.

Last edited:
By all accounts Brady wanted a multi-year deal last year, so he didn't want out.

I agree Brady was pissed after the Eagles' Super Bowl (as he should have been, the Butler benching was and is indefensible) but he got over it.
All Brady had to do was swing the ball to White, and he wouldn't have been pissed after the Eagles' Super Bowl

For Brady's sake, I hope the Tennessee game is not a sign of things to come. He was horrible - 209 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. Maybe Bill realized Tom doesn't have it anymore.

If Edelman doesn't drop that gimme pass on second down he might have marched us down to win the game. Point being the entire offense could not get anything going that day. I certainly wouldn't use that game as an indicator of anything.

I'm not arguing your point so much as I'm saying I still don't see how this argument definitively shows Brady "noticeably" declined, which is what I questioned. How can anyone make that assessment and ignore the skill players around him. They were clearly not good enough and some of those players would not be starters on most of the teams in the league, including his new team. BB resorted to Antonio Brown for crying out loud. That's not by accident.

Brady's statistics peaked and have declined for the 3 seasons since, last years decline was rather precipitous.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Numbers don't lie. Brady arguable has worse receiver/te groupings in previous years. He wore down over the past few years later in the season. Everybody get old even Brady. BB saw it and tried to set him up with a run first team where he could become a game manager. The but OL injuries Gronk late retirement and Devlin's injury screwed that up. See the playoffs the last SB year. He didn't ask Brady to carry the team, they did ask himn to make big plays when needed, but not be the focal point of the game. We were lucky with the offside call in the KC game or else SB 6 doesn't happen.

I think conceding the end of the first half in the Miami game with a minute left in a 10-10 game was Bill telling everyone his opinion of Brady and the offense in 2019. He was terrible in the Titans game but so was everyone else on the offense. The sequence after 1st and goal from the 1 lost the game.

Let's be clear, Bellichek traded Ty law to the chiefs when Peyton Manning was a threat, the year he did that, I followed Ty law in Kansas and the day Manning played the chiefs, The law owned Manning, all day he shut down his side of the field. Proving he was the best corner to play. Bellichek lost that year and Laws replacement was terrible. The fact is, HAD Ty Law stayed, we would have had another Super Bowl victory. What we may be seeing now is Bellicheks ego, never forget how he could not make the Browns good. This is about him proving he is the Best Coach ever to be in the NFL. If he is lucky he will not face Gronk and Brady next season. Because revenge is a dish best served cold, fact is Bellichek has made atrocious trades, like Flowers. Brown just to name a few. He been lucky more than he has been good or right. This year will be the litmus test for his career as a coach. NFL means Not For Long, heard that from a famous Atlanta Hawks coach. Has Bills' time come to an end? This season it is all on the line.

My nomination for Most Entertaining New Patsfans Poster 2020!

What are you babbling about with raping and molesting through exchanges?

I'm making the assumption that this is where your obviously hurt feelings toward me are coming from. Either that, or I said something that offended your feminine, little sensibilities at one point. Normally, I would go with the latter however, since you bring this up again at the end of your post, it's pretty safe to say that it was over an exchange in the past that didn't go well for you. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't perseverate on it. There would be no stimuli. That would have merely been a throwaway line to you. So I'm sorry that happened. I don't think this one is going any better for you, though.

I made a very light-hearted joke about somebody moving from NE due in part to the attitudes of the local sports fan. You responded to that joke and started ranting how fans aren’t loyal, completely ignoring the whole subtle diss I made at fans for being “spiteful.”

See, this is you walking back the OP because you're aware that you walked into a buzz saw. There wasn't really much "light-hearted" about that. The words you're looking for to describe that post would be "passive aggressive." And, if that was a subtle diss, then you're even worse at subtlety than you are at comprehending what you're reading. Let's revisit it, shall we?

You wanted to uproot your life because New Englanders are loyal, passionate and perhaps somewhat spiteful in their fandom? Weird.

Perhaps story structure is not your thing, but you're putting spiteful next to loyal and passionate - two widely recognized positive attributes of human personality. This would seem to indicate that the addition of spiteful wasn't meant to be a "subtle jab" at all, but instead a way you see New England fans. I agree. However, it is literally impossible to be loyal to a guy while being spiteful toward him as well. Those two things cannot coexist. In the future, if you're going for subtlety, maybe add in something like "to their detriment" or "depending on the situation." I'd stay away from comedy, though. Keep whatever blue collar maintenance job you have.

But I agree that a lot of this fan base is spiteful. You see that with Brady and now Gronk. While we're on that subject, I also agree that those same fans don't possess a hint of loyalty toward either guy.

Talk about reading comprehension. You then went on ranting about posters not being true fans because they’re mad at Brady for leaving

I didn't say anything about people not being true fans "because they're mad at Brady for leaving." See, that would be a straw man. I just made the blanket statement that Boston sports fans are fickle. Attendance and fan participation for our teams when they aren't competing will tell you that. I then made the point that you can't be loyal to a guy while being spiteful toward him at the same time. That's impossible. This is absolute trash reading comprehension. My post, for reference...

Loyal... LMAO. Boston sports fans are some of the most fickle fans on the planet. You're also not loyal if you're automatically spiteful to a guy whose arm won your team 6 Lombardi trophies because he decided to move on for two years of his life.

including misrepresenting my stance (yet again)

More fuel for the "verbally molested" fire with the bolded. Oh, and FYI, someone "misrepresenting your stance" is a straw man. I did nothing of the sort. Your post bears that out. You then mocking the poster while saying he was sick of Pats fans "rudely hating on players who have moved on" also bears that out.

while you try to flaunt some holier-than-thou “transcendent fandom” and then told me that “I’m not there yet” despite every one of my comments indicating that I’m rooting for Brady.

Your comments after that state that you're rooting for Brady. Your defensive response to what was a blanket statement toward the part of the fan base that I consider spiteful and, therefore, fickle say otherwise. Your attempts to further walk that back after getting called on it are even more telling.

This is the strawman. Where in any of my posts did I indicate that I’m not supportive of Brady in his next chapter?[/quote]

If you're supportive of him in his next chapter and are not the passionate, loyal, but spiteful fan that you claim Pats fans are, then why such a hostile reaction to a blanket statement about Pats fans being fickle? Why would you care so much, then, to get knee deep into this argument?

Not once did I say anything about not rooting for Brady. And then, for good measure, your sarcastic response to Drewski that Boston sports fans aren’t loyal because they’re trashing Brady as he spends his last two years elsewhere. Great argument. So much trashing by so many posters lmao

If you're spiteful, how are you rooting for him... exactly? Please spell that out for me. Because you included that description right next to "passionate" and "loyal." And please don't try to insult our intelligence by saying that was a subtle jab. That was a description of Boston sports fans as you see them, yourself included. Spiteful literally means "showing or caused by malice." So if you have malice toward a player that left, and think this is normal or average behavior for a fan base, how exactly can one root for the player? I'll save you an answer - they can't. They can only backtrack and say they can once they get caught with their pants down.

Also, no, I don't feel the need to respond to every poster I disagree with. I'm not like you, mr internet warrior.

What?

Those that want Brady/Bucs to lose every game - I think that's petty and spiteful, but I'm not going to lecture them on how they're not a fan because of how they're dealing with the end of a dynasty.

Exactly. So you think that one can be petty and spiteful, but still be a fan specifically of a player who once played for your team. And you described a fan, specifically Boston sports fans, as being loyal, passionate, and somewhat spiteful. Now we return to my original point - if you're spiteful toward a player, you're not loyal to him. Spite is born out of malice while loyalty is born out of commitment (among others). Those two things literally cannot coexist. That you can't see this, and decided to turn my original response toward you (a blanket statement on a portion of the fan base), into an attack on your personally should be both telling and alarming to you.

Do I also need to give you a detailed explanation of how this is gaslighting? Who “picked a fight” in this?

You did. Your reading comprehension was horrific and you turned this into a personal matter. That is driven home by the fact that you've attacked me on a personal level several times up until this point where I haven't attacked you personally once. So yeah, that was definitely you. But hell, I have time today. I might as well end this post with a few insults back.

Hint, it’s the weirdo who turned a joke into some weird argument about the pulse of the fanbase.

LMAO, who is weirder? The guy who made a blanket statement about the fan base being fickle and then pointed out that being loyal while being spiteful cannot coexist with one another, or the loser who is obviously butthurt about some sort of past interaction and decides to take it personally? I'd go with the loser who decides to take it personally. And, in absolutely comedic fashion, said loser is now getting verbally raped yet again. Let me guess, in another few months, I'll get another random and snarky passive aggressive reply that will then boil over?

The one who’s obsessed with an online fan forum, and supposedly keeps tabs on points he accumulated for fights that he deemed he “raped/molested” other posters.

I don't keep points in the least. Especially not for a mouth-breathing idiot like you. Having a good memory is merely of having a sharp mind. But I don't remember an encounter that would have your **** so salty. You're not memorable. Your posts don't resonate with me on any level. I told you that already. I was merely taking an educated guess on what your little **** was so salty. That you've decided to come back to that point again, at the end of your post (your conclusion) tells me all I need to know.

Speaking of, I’ll try to work on being “more memorable.” Maybe I can fit some posting goals into my daily schedule so I can accumulate upwards of 56,000 over the next few years.

Or you could hang yourself with your size 42 belt in your closet. Either way, nobody cares.

That’s a heck of a goal.

You know what else is a heck of a goal? Thinking that 2006 - 2020 is a "few years." o_O If you think that's a few years, your parents should sue whoever your special education teacher was in whatever ghetto, rat-infested public school you were "taught" in, as I'm relatively certain you can't afford to sue anyone.

Meanwhile, I can keep track of how many internet arguments I deem that I win, with extra points for “raping.”

You're giving yourself too much credit. I don't keep track of ****posters who joined after they finally won another Super Bowl in 2015. You people don't stick around anyway when the going gets tough.

Sad, little man things.

This is called projection. A typical response from someone who would angrily argue with someone they deem to be a "sad, little man." Your insults are about as trash as your reading comprehension. Go ice down your pus$y and take it easy.

If Edelman doesn't drop that gimme pass on second down he might have marched us down to win the game. Point being the entire offense could not get anything going that day. I certainly wouldn't use that game as an indicator of anything.

I think conceding the end of the first half in the Miami game with a minute left in a 10-10 game was Bill telling everyone his opinion of Brady and the offense in 2019. He was terrible in the Titans game but so was everyone else on the offense. The sequence after 1st and goal from the 1 lost the game.

His numbers in the second half of 2019 were not great. It wasn't just the Titans game. The last 8 regular season games of 2019 he had 11 TDs, 4 INTs. You can argue it was for a lack of receivers but there was a definite decline in his stats from the beginning of 2019 to the end.

Brady's statistics peaked and have declined for the 3 seasons since, last years decline was rather precipitous.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Numbers don't lie. Brady arguable has worse receiver/te groupings in previous years. He wore down over the past few years later in the season. Everybody get old even Brady. BB saw it and tried to set him up with a run first team where he could become a game manager. The but OL injuries Gronk late retirement and Devlin's injury screwed that up. See the playoffs the last SB year. He didn't ask Brady to carry the team, they did ask himn to make big plays when needed, but not be the focal point of the game. We were lucky with the offside call in the KC game or else SB 6 doesn't happen.
While it is debatable (of course), I believe Brady's bitterness played more of a role this past season than any physical decline. I'm curious about whether he can redevelop a more positive attitude with teammates or if -- in his 40s -- Brady's moved into a different stage where he lacks the same degree of patience with others as in his 20s and 30s.

While it is debatable (of course), I believe Brady's bitterness played more of a role this past season than any physical decline. I'm curious about whether he can redevelop a more positive attitude with teammates or if -- in his 40s -- Brady's moved into a different stage where he lacks the same degree of patience with others as in his 20s and 30s.
I think there is some decline but honestly things just didn't work out. One of the games in strong winds, I think the philly game, he was throwing darts on player's numbers and people were dropping them. He didn't appear to have lost arm strength imo, but he did appear to have checked out mentally for the first time that I had seen. When he came out and said "I just work here" bigger bells should of gone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST