PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s right. The Pats won a SB with Brady throwing for 145 yards passing and the Broncos where Fivehead had 141 passing. Wins and rings are a team accomplishment not a QB accomplishment. Always was and always will be.

In baseball you can credit pitchers for wins because pitching means everything to a games’s outcome. Not football.
I agree with your premise, but perhaps you are undervaluing the QB position a bit here.

Moving on from Brady makes sense if BB felt there was no winning the SB this season even if he remained. Moving on from Gronk makes even more sense as NE got compensation for a player that otherwise was not going to suit up.

I agree with your premise, but perhaps you are undervaluing the QB position a bit here.

Moving on from Brady makes sense if BB felt there was no winning the SB this season even if he remained. Moving on from Gronk makes even more sense as NE got compensation for a player that otherwise was not going to suit up.

there’s a reason why guys like Dilfer can win a SB and Marino couldn’t. It’s the team even more than the QB imo.

there’s a reason why guys like Dilfer can win a SB and Marino couldn’t. It’s the team even more than the QB imo.

Come on!! Dilfer isn't sniffing a Superbowl in this era.

If the corpse of Fivehead can win a SB with a game like that why not someone like Dilfer?

I have to agree with @sb1 on this one, there isn’t that much difference between Dilfer and Manning in his Denver championship other than Dilfer wasn’t replaced by O... I think some of the Ravens on that team regretted Dilfer was replaced the next season.

I would even say that in Manning’s first SB win - it was Sanders who was key, while Manning was (again) along for the ride.

I have to agree with @sb1 on this one, there isn’t that much difference between Dilfer and Manning in his Denver championship other than Dilfer wasn’t replaced by O... I think some of the Ravens on that team regretted Dilfer was replaced the next season.

I would even say that in Manning’s first SB win - it was Sanders who was key, while Manning was (again) along for the ride.

Bob Sanders was awesome in that playoff run. Dominic Rhodes had a great SB game too.

Helped them they played Rex Grossman in the SB. The Pats would have 7 titles now but face guarding. :mad:

Belichick also probably knows he needs to overhaul the roster from top to bottom. That process is going to come with more headaches and fan bellyaching with Brady on the roster. Now a downturn is expected and we -- as fans -- can even embrace being the underdogs again.

Bob Sanders was awesome in that playoff run. Dominic Rhodes had a great SB game too.

Helped them they played Rex Grossman in the SB. The Pats would have 7 titles now but face guarding. :mad:
Bogus "Face-Guarding" penalty...bogus NON-call on REAL Pass Interference committed against Bug-Eyes on the same infamous drive as the other incident involving him...bogus OPI called against Troy Brown with 4 minutes left in the first half...

Once in a while, sure

That’s right. The Pats won a SB with Brady throwing for 145 yards passing and the Broncos where Fivehead had 141 passing. Wins and rings are a team accomplishment not a QB accomplishment. Always was and always will be.

In baseball you can credit pitchers for wins because pitching means everything to a games’s outcome. Not football.

Your ignorance is breathtaking. It's truly unbelievable.

Use the outlier as the baseline? Just stop already! You have been unbearable for weeks now. Just look at the list of the last 20 or even 40 superbowl winning QBs. Not many Trent freakin' dilfers - almost all HOF QBs.

No I disagree. Imo, the number one trait of a championship QB is the ability to read a defense both pre and post snap. Peyton had a noodle arm but was still able to make enough throws to win the game.

Despite SB1 's (Packer Fan extraordinair ?) Ignorance Brady read defenses better than anyone and BB was more than willing to teach him. It was a perfect marriage. The perfect student coupled with the perfect teacher.

Last edited:
Wins are a team accomplishment. Always were. Not a Brady or any other QB accomplishment.

All informed football fans know this.

Wins are a team accomplishment. Always were. Not a Brady or any other QB accomplishment.

Of course its a team game but you are obsessed with diminishing Brady's value to the team. Might as well have had Trent Dilfer, right? Nobody's buying it. Maybe we still win some Superbowls with someone else but we still win some with a different coach with Brady as the quarterback. This theme you constantly advance is becoming irrational.

Of course its a team game but you are obsessed with diminishing Brady's value to the team. Might as well as had Trent Dilfer. Nobody's buying it. Maybe we still win some Superbowls with someone else but we still win some with a different coach with Brady as the quarterback. This theme you constantly advance is becoming irrational.

The Dilfer example was an illustration of why a “win” in this sport has to be a TEAM accomplishment.

And I don’t disagree in theory but imo it’s doubtful Brady would have gotten the shot he got with Bill if say the Bengals or Lions drafted him instead of NE. Maybe not even if Pete was still here.

The Dilfer example was an illustration of why a “win” in this sport has to be a TEAM accomplishment.

And I don’t disagree in theory but imo it’s doubtful Brady would have gotten the shot he got with Bill if say the Bengals or Lions drafted him instead of NE. Maybe not even if Pete was still here.
That he got a shot or not is irrelevant to his value to the team that played for real life.

That he got a shot or not is irrelevant to his value to the team that played for real life.

Well if we’re going to guess woulda coulda how either Bill or Brady would have done without each other - context is good.

Well if we’re going to guess woulda coulda how either Bill or Brady would have done without each other - context is good.
They needed each other. I cant see anyone but Brady lasting 20 years with Belichick. The dynasty lasted because they uniquely were the perfect storm.

Mate, there’s no need to act like a prick and throw shade. We can all be informed and still disagree on the importance of the QB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore