PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk gets 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but if he successfully appeals it then he gets no fine? If he does successfully appeal it I expect BB will take some action against him in some way.

If appeal is successful, wouldn't his punishment be downgraded from "suspension" to "appropriate fine"?

One game is fair and fine with me. I don't want the rest of the country going on and on about it for the rest of the season. I don't want to hear any "cheating" bs or anything about the Patriots getting a pass. I definitely don't want to hear anything related to him getting soft treatment because he's white.

Don't worry. They will regardless. It's the Patriots.

Because Gronk doesn’t have a past history.
Yeah. It’s hilarious that people cite his fist fight in Super Bowl 49 (started by the Seahawks) and the Sergio Brown unnecessary roughness when neither of those were late hits. There was no history.

Thinking out loud, is this possible - he appeals, plays vs Miami, then suspension is upheld and he misses Pittsburgh...???? Don't tell me the NFL isn't thinking about doing this if they can...
Let it go. This isn't some league wide anti-Patriots conspiracy. He got treated fairly.

Because he is quoted as saying it was BS. And he set precedent with Welker doing something not in the best interest of the team.

I expect Gronk to sit for all or part of the game next Monday regardless of the outcome of his appeal.
BB already sat Gronk for the end of the Bills game. I don't see him doing anything else, regardless of the outcome of his appeal.

He'll get more rest for the upcoming playoff run. Next 4 games are all guaranteed wins anyways (unless they clinch everything by week 17 and they rest everyone.)

Pittsburgh is a guaranteed win? I'm not sure any NFL game is a guaranteed win.

Pittsburgh is a guaranteed win? I'm not sure any NFL game is a guaranteed win.

It's Pittsburgh. That's as close to a guaranteed win as it gets for NE.

Just take his medicine like Brady?
Gronk should appeal, why not? If I was him I would as well. He is a competitor, he doesn't want to miss a game and plus it is money.

But can we not make this comparison? Brady was suspended over something fictional. What Gronk did was blatant on live TV.

At this point if he wins his appeal good for him, if he loses then he, and the team, can deal for one week against the Fins.

It's Pittsburgh. That's as close to a guaranteed win as it gets for NE.

I'm pretty sure there do exist other NFL teams Brady/BB have a better win % against.

Because he is quoted as saying it was BS. And he set precedent with Welker doing something not in the best interest of the team.

I expect Gronk to sit for all or part of the game next Monday regardless of the outcome of his appeal.

Do we know for sure that BB said it was ********? I remember watching that video without the subtitles and I'm not sure that came out of BB's mouth. I don't remember where I saw the video.

Do we know for sure that BB said it was ********? I remember watching that video without the subtitles and I'm not sure that came out of BB's mouth. I don't remember where I saw the video.
He did and he was right but that doesn’t mean he sits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents