PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Schiano to be named DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a meh hire. But in the end, this is still Bill's defense.

Maybe you could tell us why he needs to be exonerated. No stories, just facts.

My understanding is this:

Former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary saw Sandusky raping kids. McQueary reported it to Joe Paterno.

McQuery has testified that Paterno told him that other UNNAMED assistant coaches had seen Sandusky "do some things with kids" in the past that were troubling.

McQuery came to think, and how he came to think this we do not know, that these other coaches who had also seen something and had talked to Paterno about it, were Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley.

Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley vehemently deny any knowledge of any abuse.

There seems to be no direct evidence of any kind to back McQuery's testimony.

I think I read that they played Jonathan Jones at safety a little bit. I wonder if he can serve as a depth piece at both spots...

Gilmore is the #1 obviously and I think you can count Jackson as the #2. After that you’ve got Jones/Dawson/Crossen. I would like to keep a McCourty with that group too but I can see why he/they wouldn’t.
Dawson has played safety also

My understanding is this:

Former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary saw Sandusky raping kids. McQueary reported it to Joe Paterno.

McQuery has testified that Paterno told him that other UNNAMED assistant coaches had seen Sandusky "do some things with kids" in the past that were troubling.

McQuery came to think, and how he came to think this we do not know, that these other coaches who had also seen something and had talked to Paterno about it, were Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley.

Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley vehemently deny any knowledge of any abuse.

There seems to be no direct evidence of any kind to back McQuery's testimony.
I just don't understand that if there is no evidence why we need to keep telling this story.

No knock on Schiano but I wish we could have kept BFlo longer.

Seriously, just when the defense looked like it might be the best it ever was.

I just don't understand that if there is no evidence why we need to keep telling this story.
I guess we need to re-tell the verifiable facts of the story, since people keep whispering about it as if there WERE evidence against him, when there is not. After all, Schiano was hired by Tennessee and then they backed out because people dredged up these old accusations.

If Schiano is indeed coming to the Pats, will he be given the DC title right away, or wait like Patricia and Flores did?

A bit different. Those guys were young. Greg has been a HQ for several years at the highest levels of football and done a lot of winning.

“Malcolm Go!" will ALWAYS have a special place in every Pats fans' heart.
This will always be legendary. I get goose bumps when I think of it. Greatest defensive play in SB history, and Flores had a huge hand in putting Malcolm in there, as well as a HUGE hand in helping keep the Rams to 3 points. Love Flores. Hate to see him go. But excited for the future of this team.

I kept hoping Kraft would intervene and throw more money at Bflo at the last minute and do what Josh did last year. Not happening.

You don't recall deflategate? There's a whole case study about telling a story without evidence.

The way BB speaks about Schiano we are upgrading which sound impossible and incredible but in BB we trust.

This should be a hire that helps both sides. Schiano is an experienced guy who will bring his knowledge and perspective to the table, and he'll also have to learn to adapt to the BB way of things.

I guess we need to re-tell the verifiable facts of the story, since people keep whispering about it as if there WERE evidence against him, when there is not. After all, Schiano was hired by Tennessee and then they backed out because people dredged up these old accusations.

its similar to the gates...since TEN ended up backtracking, it leads us to think (and i'm guilty as well) that there was something substantitative, but this thread shows me otherwise really, I'm open minded

if the NFL hadn't punished the pats or punished so severely for the gates, i guarantee you people would not have hung up on it as much

There doesn't seem to be any verifiable facts. He was driven out of the Tennessee job by an internet mob. Let's not perpetuate it.

Folks believe Belichick is the best ever.

Do we believe that it is because of the great independence and skill of defensive coaches like Patricia and Flores?

Belichick needed a skilled coach to run his defense. He chose Schiano. I'm as fine with this as I was with the choice of Flores. We can trust Bill to choose coaches.

There doesn't seem to be any verifiable facts. He was driven out of the Tennessee job by an internet mob. Let's not perpetuate it.
I think we should perpetuate the understanding that he was driven out of the Tennessee job only by an internet mob that knew no facts. Otherwise people will think that Tennessee knew something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back