PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard says Edelman return for early playoffs not a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
;)

The only true locks in life are death, taxes, and argumentative posters on the Patsfans forums.;)
I enjoy a lot of these spirited discussions, though I don't throw my two cents in nearly as much as I should. Many of the difference of opinions are well, thought-out, impassioned stances, and those I don't mind culling through multiple pages of commentary. I try to stay out of the game day threads because I don't want to post if I'm worked up over blatant BS calls/non-calls like what happened last week.

This board cracks me up.
Last year, Bedard's opinions were valued here at such a high level threads were created every time he guested on Felger and Maz and different posters transcribed his musings verbatim. (Rob, Deux, others)
Fast forward to present day and he is 'over rated', 'jumped the shark', etc etc etc.... all because he dare suggest an outcome that no Pats fan wants to believe is possible.
Always entertaining.

I was one of those people. I think he did his job well and provided added value, but he has gotten a bit sloppy and less informative since he left the Globe. It's not related to this particular article. His football analysis has taken a step back, IMHO.

Deus and Rob didn't criticize Bedard in this thread so I'm not sure why they were mentioned as posters who liked Bedard previously.

Meh, I've seen longer. If we all pull together and do our job we can make the dream come true, though.

This board cracks me up.
Last year, Bedard's opinions were valued here at such a high level threads were created every time he guested on Felger and Maz and different posters transcribed his musings verbatim. (Rob, Deux, others)
Fast forward to present day and he is 'over rated', 'jumped the shark', etc etc etc.... all because he dare suggest an outcome that no Pats fan wants to believe is possible.
Always entertaining.

Just to set the record straight, since I was mentioned (I'm assuming Deux = Deus, given the conxtext) in this post:

1. I've consistently said that Bedard is hit or miss. I still hold to that, and I think a perusal of his work backs that position up.
  2. I don't have any issue with what he said that inspired this thread, and I have already noted that.
  3. I stopped transcribing his F&M appearances for two reasons. First, Rob was doing it, and I wouldn't know if he'd already begun a thread, thus leading to redundancy and confusion. Second, I simply couldn't stand listening to F&M anymore, even in segments where they were doing interviews.
  4. If Bedard ever moves to another show, and I'm around to transcribe it, I'll do it again, for the board, unless someone else is already doing it.

This board cracks me up.
Always entertaining.
If consistency is something you value, you should be encouraged by the fact that myself and several other have always pegged you as a complete clown car type........and we still do.

This is the NFL.....the "Not For Long" league so what exactly makes you think Bedard or anyone gets a lifetime pass or lifetime achievement consideration?

At one point, he may have been good.....if he's not now....he's treated as such.

The reality is this is not based on discussing possible out comes based on important variables applicable to the situation.

This is basically a "gotcha", TMZ type thing designed to call attention because someone from USA Today said something?

Next time try to keep up or if not........ganggreen or orange mane or steelerfever are more applicable for you.

This board cracks me up.
Always entertaining.

There was a time Breer's Tales of the Tape were much admired.
People change.
Not always for the better.

This sure is a long thread about nothing.
I know. The worst part is that since people keep posting, I keep checking because I think some info must have come out. Nope.

Apparently this is him, today.

CVfc-q_UwAADDIK.jpg

Apparently this is him, today.

CVfc-q_UwAADDIK.jpg
I'm no Doctor Chao but that looks good to me. See ya after the first round bye Jules!

Dude is a Debbie Downer just like all his articles the last year. I used to like his breakdowns but as a journalist he is as good at that as he is an orthopedic surgeon.

Look what I found! (Much better than Ms Cleo)
The_Magic_8_Ball_Has_All_the_Answers.png

I dunno what happened to Bedard when he went over to SI, but he became a pretty open anti-Pats troll for whatever reason. Don't totally understand it since he was pretty good when he worked locally. Didn't seem to hit the gossip mill too hard, and I enjoyed reading his film breakdowns, which I generally thought were informative and brought a higher level of actual football discussion than the rest of the local guys.

I can only guess that he must've had some negative interactions with someone in the organization and responded in jilted-ex-girlfriend fashion, because he's turned into all of the things that I used to enjoy him for being mostly above. And at the same time, the things that I used to enjoy about him (actual football discussion) have pretty much vanished.

In any case, I have a hard time believing that he has any kind of a scoop here. He's not wrong, in that you can never be positive how well this type of foot injury will heal. Nothing's a given. But we've known that since the moment the injury was reported, so he's bringing absolutely no new information to the table.

The facts are...nobody has a scoop because barring some secret known to the docs only complication, nobody even on the med staff can project an accurate return to duty.

It's medicine not deterministic PV=nrT physics.

This board cracks me up.
Always entertaining.

I still think Bedard is one of the best sports writers at breaking down film around (not as much of a compliment as it sounds). My problem with him is his takes on things like Deflategate.

And to be fair with him, people have blown what he said way out of proportion. He never claimed he had inside information or the guy from USA Today that told him that Edelman isn't a lock for the playoffs had inside info either. In fact, he said he questioned the reliability of the information and just stated that people out there have said that they are less optimistic that Edelman will be ready for the playoffs.

Just like anything in this town, they run with speculation and things out of context and it all the sudden becomes a significant story. Bedard really didn't add any real news to the situation and I don't think he ever really intended it that way.

I still think Bedard is one of the best sports writers at breaking down film around (not as much of a compliment as it sounds). My problem with him is his takes on things like Deflategate.

And to be fair with him, people have blown what he said way out of proportion. He never claimed he had inside information or the guy from USA Today that told him that Edelman isn't a lock for the playoffs had inside info either. In fact, he said he questioned the reliability of the information and just stated that people out there have said that they are less optimistic that Edelman will be ready for the playoffs.

Just like anything in this town, they run with speculation and things out of context and it all the sudden becomes a significant story. Bedard really didn't add any real news to the situation and I don't think he ever really intended it that way.

Any time a story is based on " some people say' it should never be written, reported, or given any credence whatsoever. Some people say literally everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST