PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard says Edelman return for early playoffs not a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there was a major problem, I don't think there is any more information available to anyone, including Edelman and his surgeon, then there was pre-surgery. It's only been a couple of weeks.

It's WAY more likely that we see Edelman this year than Gronk.

Am I imagining that Edelman had this same injury a few years ago, came back to soon, and reinjured it? Or something like that?

we won't get to the superbowl without him.

As long as we have Gronk and Amendola, we can survive.. but Edelman takes the offense to a totally different level, moving the chains and keeping the defense off the field

Since Tom Curren reported that Brady may miss the 2009 season because of an infection, I wait for multiple reports from a variety of sources before I press the panic button.

As long as we have Gronk and Amendola, we can survive.. but Edelman takes the offense to a totally different level, moving the chains and keeping the defense off the field
Considering 37 of his 61 catches went for 1st downs......no question.

we won't get to the superbowl without him.
We could get to the Super Bowl without him if Amendola can stay healthy, LaFell becomes more effective in the moderate passing game (not just deep balls), and someone like Trey Williams or James White steps up as a third down back. The running game won't get better until the offensive line gains some cohesion and, even then, Blount needs to gain a little more speed and a lower center of gravity to make a difference. While this is all a tall order, if some of these can become realities, I believe the Patriots can beat the Broncos or Bengals without Edelman.

more importantly...people listen to him on felger and mazz? WOW

Did anyone hear this on the sports hub yesterday? I don't have a link or anything but he most definitely said that Edelman isn't a lock for an early January return. I'm not sure if he was just speculating or if he had a piece of information about Edelman rehab. Any thoughts on this comment?

It would be more remarkable if he predicted that he would be back.
This is entirely consistent with everything said by every expert and reliable source about this injury.
It is no more noteworthy than saying the Pats will be playing at home again this year.
Why is this even a thread?

You know nothing Greg Bedard
Game_of_Thrones_Ygritte.jpg

I stopped listening to Fatty Arbuckle after his opinion and silly reasoning on deflategate.

Did anyone hear this on the sports hub yesterday? I don't have a link or anything but he most definitely said that Edelman isn't a lock for an early January return. I'm not sure if he was just speculating or if he had a piece of information about Edelman rehab. Any thoughts on this comment?

None of us are a lock to wake up tomorrow morning.

If the Pats get HFA they will play in the SB this year

Apparently was at the Boston tree lighting last night and was walking around on the injured foot pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft