PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard says Edelman return for early playoffs not a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedard's correct. This was talked about when the diagnosis was first given. It could be 6-8 weeks, if there are no complications. It could be months if the bone doesn't heal. There's also a range in between.

Nothing to see here.

Now, what the hell was there to be disliked in that post, PlanB?

we won't get to the superbowl without him.

After all the work Ian put into ridding the site of dislikes I won't give one out but this is the kind of garbage I truly hate. Completely unsubstantiated negative garbage. Whoa is me, we have no chance..... There is only one player that the Patriots are in deep trouble without and that is Brady, anyone else they can figure out a way to get around.

After winning six AFC Championships and four Super Bowls in the last 15 season's you would think any intelligent Patriot fan would realize that Belichick's teams can overcome almost every adverse situation and that the idea of losing one WR dooms them is ridiculous.

Since you are already quitting on them you shouldn't watch it if they do.

relax buddy. i was just underscoring the importance of edelman and how hard it will be without him. beating denver or cincy without JE is no slam dunk.

relax buddy. i was just underscoring the importance of edelman and how hard it will be without him. beating denver or cincy without JE is no slam dunk.
There should be a "peace pipe" button

;)
None of us are a lock to wake up tomorrow morning.

The only true locks in life are death, taxes, and argumentative posters on the Patsfans forums.;)

How does anyone know? I don't even know if his doctors know at this point. We can only hope for the best on this one. I don't see how anyone can tell with absolute certainty.

Underscoring would be to say it's going to be a lot tougher without Edelman, and you would get little to no disagreement on that. What you said was a declaration that they won't make the SB without Edelman, and that's crap.

Edelman's tough. I have no doubts he will try hard to get back on the field this season. He will work hard

You know nothing Greg Bedard
Game_of_Thrones_Ygritte.jpg

Greg Bedard: "look out for this kid named Ollie."

Bedard said on Squeaky and the Douche that he was told that by a football writer from USA Today. To my knowledge, that individual is the only source who has publicly reported that Edelman's healing progress has been slower than originally expected.

This is the fundamental problem today and the result of more capacity vs legitimate content to fill.

No kidding he might not be back.....he might be back early. Nobody here or in the media is Nostadameus.

However. they have to fill air time so that's what we get.

It's really true. He's jumped the shark, though he's still better than Volin.
I remember just a year or two ago, when Bedard's Tuesday interview with F&M was must listen radio. IIIRC there were threads with people reporting what he said as it happened (like the game day thread). Jumped the shark is an understatement.

As for Edelman, Bedard's comments have as much weight as any of our own, and is based on the same information we all have. It's the nature of the injury that until he's on the field practicing, ANY estimation of when he'll be back is pure speculation. All we know for certain is that he will do EVERYTHING medically possible to make it back on the field for the playoffs. But nothing is certain, including the question of whether the Edelman we get back will be able to play at the same level as the guy who has been our #1 receiver the last 2 years.

BOTTOM LINE: It is ALL going to be speculation and it is just a matter of whether we are going to be held hostage by the mediots who often know less that we do. All BB can do is prepare for the worst and hope of the best. Seeing Edelman on the field this playoffs will be a bonus.

This board cracks me up.
Last year, Bedard's opinions were valued here at such a high level threads were created every time he guested on Felger and Maz and different posters transcribed his musings verbatim. (Rob, Deux, others)
Fast forward to present day and he is 'over rated', 'jumped the shark', etc etc etc.... all because he dare suggest an outcome that no Pats fan wants to believe is possible.
Always entertaining.

This board cracks me up.
Last year, Bedard's opinions were valued here at such a high level threads were created every time he guested on Felger and Maz and different posters transcribed his musings verbatim. (Rob, Deux, others)
Fast forward to present day and he is 'over rated', 'jumped the shark', etc etc etc.... all because he dare suggest an outcome that no Pats fan wants to believe is possible.
Always entertaining.

You've jumped the shark with that post! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results