Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Who do y'all think are the greatest Boston coaches ever? I'll take a stab:

1. Hands down Red Auerbach.
2. Bill Belichick.
3. Cherry/ Sinden/ Julien. Can't make up my mind.
4. Terry Francona.

HM: Doc Rivers, KC Jones,

This is of the four major sports.

Last edited:
1. Red
2. BB
3. Francona
4. KC
5. Jerry York
6. **** Williams
7. Fairbanks
8. Parcells
9. Heinsohn
10. Jack Parker

Belichick.

All due respect to Red, he won double digit titles when the league had what 11-12 teams?

Belichick is the greatest coach this region has ever seen.

1. Red
2. BB
3. Francona
4. KC
5. Jerry York
6. **** Williams
7. Fairbanks
8. Parcells
9. Heinsohn
10. Jack Parker

I honestly had to look up Jack Parker, Heinsohn.

Belichick.

All due respect to Red, he won double digit titles when the league had what 11-12 teams?

Understandable. However I just can't ignore the impact he had and success. That's why I put him up.

I am an old timer. BB is the GOAT of the NFL. Red is the best coach and GM of all time. Red was the originator of do your job mentality in sports. Everyone had a role. No one played outside that role. Russell could have taken 30 shots a night. But he played within the system. GM he abused teams. Red was the man

1. Arnold "Red" Auerbach
2. Bill "Disingenuous Pond Scum"(affectionately) Belichick
3. Art Ross
4. Bill Carrigan
5. Terry Francona
6. Harry Sinden
7. Bill Russell
8. Chuck Fairbanks
9. Tom Heinsohn
10. **** Williams

To this day, it's amazing that Don Cherry literally came one Too-Many-Men-On-The-Ice penalty away from immortality...Houk & Parcells did their best elsewhere...You could say Cronin came one ill-advised decision to play a meaningless exhibition before the '46 Series (when Ted got hurt) away from the top, too.

th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

any name other than Bill Belichick on this forum, is pure blasphemy

5 championships, in a era that designed to prevent dynasties, is un heard of , and most likely wont be duplicated in my lifetime

time to rename to Lomardi

Belichick.

It's obviously a matter of opinion, and Bill's not done yet.

Doesn't matter if there were 100 teams in the league, Auerbach and Lombardi would still have won.

Bobby V ;)

Parcells not on the list?

Joe Kerrigan?

Seriously though, as others have mentioned, it's Auerbach and Belichick in some order. The distance between 3 and #50 is less than the distance between #3 and #2.

From earlier posts, it is quite obvious that Red and BB lead the pack, and I concur. After which , however, I rate **** Williams very high on the list for taking the Red Sox from a perennial cellar dweller to league championship in 1967. And his ensuing managerial skills with the Athletics further cemented his reputation as a top tier manager.

New England pro it's Red 1 BB 2 no one else close. All inclusive you'd have to put Auriemma in the mix. And Calhoun would be right up there too. I remember seeing UCONN beat Georgetown with Mourning and Dikembe (weigh in Dikembe) at the Hartford Civic Center with Dan Cyrulik at center. UCONN was nothing before Calhoun. And I'm a UMASS fan.

From earlier posts, it is quite obvious that Red and BB lead the pack, and I concur. After which , however, I rate **** Williams very high on the list for taking the Red Sox from a perennial cellar dweller to league championship in 1967. And his ensuing managerial skills with the Athletics further cemented his reputation as a top tier manager.

Given the font choice, size, and color, this post must be the last word on the subject. Mods, please lock the thread.

I hate pretentious font sizes. Welcome to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes