PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: What is the next New England sports team to win a championship?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: What is the next Boston team to win a championship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bruins need a defenseman, Celtics need a Big Man a la Kevin Garnette, Pats need a running game and an improved O-line, and the Red Sox have to get more from their bull pen.

What's the next Boston team to win it all?

Last edited:
Patriots.

Patriots will celtics need a star player they were in the playoffs last year and they have a young team and im a yankees fan dont care about red socks

Patriots are the only one with a shot in the next year. The Celtics don't stand a chance until they land/grow a star or two and Golden State and San Antonio deteriorate. That said, I do enjoy watching this current Celtics team compete. It's the first time NBA basketball has looked like a TEAM sport aside from the Spurs and early 2000s Pistons.

Obviously the Patriots. The more interesting question is beside the Pats which New England team will be next to win a championship?

I'd hedge my bets on the Celtics IF they can land a true star player or two. They have the coaching, solid other pieces if they can land someone elite. Obviously they don't stand a chance right now.

Patriots.

Second, Don't really follow hockey, what are the Bruins chances? I knew they won not too long ago.

NBA basketball is about having two top players, a good to great coach, and a solid supporting class. It's easier to jump from being a middling playoff-caliber team to competing for all the marbles than it is in any of the other major sports.

The Celtics look like a team on the brink of putting a championship team together.

They can compete with the big boys in the East with a deep, young lineup. All they are missing are one or two elite players. The Celtics get a top 3 draft pick in 2016, and Trader Danny has lots of solid players and #1s to swing a deal for a front-line free agent veteran. He did it before and can do it again.

Obviously the Patriots. The more interesting question is beside the Pats which New England team will be next to win a championship?

I'd hedge my bets on the Celtics IF they can land a true star player or two. They have the coaching, solid other pieces if they can land someone elite. Obviously they don't stand a chance right now.
Aside from the Pats, Celts definitely have the best run team. Stevens is a lot like Belichick and is only 39. Just get him one star.

Red Sox

Red Sox made some major moves this year. They should be a contender in 2016

Pats are there now. They just need an oil change and need to fix a busted tail light.

Bruins are the Bruins. Need some blue liners badly

Celtics need a 20ppg guy and a rebounder/shot blocker.

Patriots.

Second, Don't really follow hockey, what are the Bruins chances? I knew they won not too long ago.

Bruins are a long shot but the NHL Playoffs are also usually the wildest and unexpected teams can win with a hot goalie. But imho Bruins are way to thin on defense at this point to go beyond 2nd round.

I'm gonna go with the Celtics and Brad Stevens--I think they land a major piece this offseason-hopefully it's Durant, maybe Cousins. I think the C's are due for a huge run. San Antonio is on the decline with Duncan and Parker on the way out. Cleveland isn't as impressive as we thought as it's pretty evident Lebron's mileage is an issue, plus Kevin Love isn't used effectively. The Red Sox won't win with that slug Hanley on the roster.

As for the Pats, I think Brady's health is the main concern with the beating he endured this year. Who knows how many broken ribs, rotator cuff problems/other ailments he's going through now at 39....Brady never says anything about how bad he's hurt. Plus the lack of money the Pats spend in the offseason is concerning, because the team must have a win it all NOW mentality with their limited window for SBs. I hope they don't go after a 90 year old Anquan Boldin. They need Calvin Johnson or Josh Gordon. Plus they need a complete overhaul of the offensive line, which is too much to ask for

I think the Celtics are gonna do some crazy things this offseason to put this team back on the map. They have so many young pieces to package in trades.

I'm gonna go with the Celtics and Brad Stevens--I think they land a major piece this offseason-hopefully it's Durant, maybe Cousins. I think the C's are due for a huge run. San Antonio is on the decline with Duncan and Parker on the way out. Cleveland isn't as impressive as we thought as it's pretty evident Lebron's mileage is an issue, plus Kevin Love isn't used effectively. The Red Sox won't win with that slug Hanley on the roster.

As for the Pats, I think Brady's health is the main concern with the beating he endured this year. Who knows how many broken ribs, rotator cuff problems/other ailments he's going through now at 39....Brady never says anything about how bad he's hurt. Plus the lack of money the Pats spend in the offseason is concerning, because the team must have a win it all NOW mentality with their limited window for SBs. I hope they don't go after a 90 year old Anquan Boldin. They need Calvin Johnson or Josh Gordon. Plus they need a complete overhaul of the offensive line, which is too much to ask for

I think the Celtics are gonna do some crazy things this offseason to put this team back on the map. They have so many young pieces to package in trades.

I would absolutely love to have another Celtics championship

I think The Pats are the closest to another championship, and The Celtics are my second choice. The Bruins and the Red Sox need some help to be competitive. The Celtics are building a very solid foundation, have great coaching, and have the a solid, young roster. Like others have said, one or two stars which you need in the NBA, and The Celtics hang another banner within 2 seasons.

Pats in 2016 season (Feb 2017 Superbowl 51)
Celtics in 2017/18 season.

Pats for sure.

Bruins - will make the plaoffs but don't have the defensive depth to make a long run
Red Sox - Price helps big time, but the AL East is very tough and i'm not sure we still have the starting pitching to compete
Celtics - great season, great coach but making the playoffs is a success and winning a round would be incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes