PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Win (Obviously)/Fire Romo

Give him an edible and tell him to shut up for 3 seconds. How about that? Most annoying color commentator in history and he is 1 year in.

You Millennials clearly have never watched old school, classic, and classy and non-biased commentators in the past. Not your fault, but jesus. This guy sucks beyond belief.
Not a millennial, and this take is bad.

I warned my daughters before the game started that it would seem like Romo is rooting for the Jags, but really he's just rooting for the underdog all the time. Or, as others said here, he's rooting for a good game. Once the Pats fell behind, he started getting more interested in whether Brady could bring them back again. He's fine.

Hint: Wickersham, the fake story about how bad Brady's hand was (note how I can predict the truth), and Romo last week and this week, just gone crazy with a biased crap today. there is a huge effort to try to will their way towards wanting the Pats to lose.

Do you live under a rock to not be able to admit this? This is about money here.

I am thrilled with the balls oft his team and yet another gutty win, but to not accept what the broadcast companies and media tries to do, with rules being adusted during the game is sick.

Cooks's arm grabbed all year, Gronk's head taken off with no outrage, etc. Do you realize Gronk went berserk in Buffalo due to this crap?

This team is incredible fighting and clawing...My point is, the cis literally unwatchable and Nantz is clearly coached, too.
Yes, because OF COURSE the league wants to see freaking Jacksonville in the super bowl.

Sounds great. You're probably fat, too, and think Goodell is honorable, Wickersham's story was real and Hoyer was going to play. Tune into Felger and Mazz tomorrow!

Hint: The money is all tied to all of these people wanting NE to lose.

Thinking the league wasn't absolutely terrified by the thought that Jacksonville might make the Super Bowl is astonishingly stupid.

LOL

The ball was stuck to his hip. You have to lose control of the ball and without question, he still had it tied to his hip when he was down.

Learn the rules.

You Millennials are crazy with this lack of understanding of the rules. Nantz and Romo brainwashing you means nothing.

Most unprofessional broadcast I've ever seen.
The ball was moving around the whole time. He did not have the ball pinned to his hip as you say and he did lose control. There was not a single view that did not show the ball moving around.

It is not just a snap at the milisecond in time that the player makes contact with the ground. How about you learn the rules, big guy?

I really like his insight.
But I think he, like 99% of non Pat fans are rooting against us.
He does a good job, but is slightly biased towards the underdog.

It's human nature.
Seriously, if you weren't a Pats fan....?????

I almost ....(almost) feel sorry for them.

I am a very fortunate fan, who doesn't take it for granted.

But Romo is just doing his job, ... rooting for us, isn't his cup of tea. IMO.

Lol he’s the best in the business. What about that time when the Jags were punting and he was frantically yelling “CALL TIMEOUT, NEW ENGLAND!” That must have been him “openly rooting” for the Jags too... amirite?
And on a 3rd down, he is yelling watch out for the crossing receiver new england! and the jags convert on a 3rd down.

Romo just plays it like a fan. He wants teams to do something great and something logical. It bothers him so much when they dont do it and excites him when they do. Everyone knows pats are expected to win so the real challenge is to see what the opponent can do to beat them and thats where all broadcasts are focused.
You are going to hate Al michaels and Cris Collinsworth too in 2 weeks because they wll keep talking about what eagles need to do win the game . They dont need to talk about what the pats need to do to win the game.

Um-hmm. That guy. Are you honestly claiming 1 year of annoying loot at me tool like ROmo who cannot shut up for 2 seconds is on Madden's level?

Hint: I know as much as Romo does, but his pacing and delivery is obnoxious.

The bias is so obvious, the fact you and others can't see it, is mindboggling. Goodell in no way shape or form wants to give BB that Lombardi, They have meetings about this crap. He spent 3 hours wishing Jax to take over the game and was giddy as hell in the 2nd qtr.

Did you watch the game?

Awesome. Gutty.

No turnovers. Played very well. McDaniels is still the most overrated coordinator, I've ever seen, but I 'll take it and I will drive that guy's bags to Logan. Just awful.

Mediocre run and and no dual RB sets. WOW.
Yes, I always trust people with one word counters, who then run away, with no substance to the counter itself.

lol

I've forgotten more about football then you'll ever know. Sorry.

By rule, a fumble is when the player loses control off the ball, which only happened after Lewis's hip/butt was down.

This is a fact, it;s not an opinion.
what i don't understand is why an NFL team hasn't already hired you to be their head coach. i think if the browns had chosen you instead of hue jackson, they would be heading back to the super bowl this year to defend their title.

Yet, every other teams boards have threads about how the refs are against them, the NFL is against them and favor us. I guess fan is short for fanatic and most are fanatically fanatic. I prefer to enjoy the wins because I endured the losing for many many years.

The "follow the money" argument is hilarious because the Patriots are one of the biggest ratings drivers in sports. Hell, CNN will break normal coverage to alert us if Brady sharts his pants so it's not even sports outlets that love when the Patriots play.

There's no money in Jacksonville going to the SB. People will tune in to watch us hoping we lose.

People are way more interested in rooting against us than caring about a JAX vs PHI super bowl. There's no sane conspiracy theory out there that would convince me the league is trying to screw the Patriots. Not when you look at the calls that could have gone against us.

The "follow the money" argument is hilarious because the Patriots are one of the biggest ratings drivers in sports. Hell, CNN will break normal coverage to alert us if Brady sharts his pants so it's not even sports outlets that love when the Patriots play.

There's no money in Jacksonville going to the SB. People will tune in to watch us hoping we lose.

People are way more interested in rooting against us than caring about a JAX vs PHI super bowl. There's no sane conspiracy theory out there that would convince me the league is trying to screw the Patriots. Not when you look at the calls that could have gone against us.
You're absolutely right, all the conspiracy theories are based on the league wants the Pat's to win. No mention of taking two first round pics and suspending the GOAT because cold air lowers ball pressure. None of these other fans can see past their own nose.

The ball was moving around the whole time. He did not have the ball pinned to his hip as you say and he did lose control. There was not a single view that did not show the ball moving around.

It is not just a snap at the milisecond in time that the player makes contact with the ground. How about you learn the rules, big guy?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ball was not moving around the "whole time". Every viewed showed it pinned against his hip as his *** hit the ground.

You shouldn't tell others to learn the rules when you don't know them yourself.

Give him an edible and tell him to shut up for 3 seconds. How about that? Most annoying color commentator in history and he is 1 year in.

You Millennials clearly have never watched old school, classic, and classy and non-biased commentators in the past. Not your fault, but jesus. This guy sucks beyond belief.

You are far more annoying than Tony Romo, and far more arrogant too.

Signed

Millennial

LOL!!!

Sounds just fantastic, Millennial. Hey trade 2009 Tony for Cassel in your Madden video game!

Yay!
I have met pissah in person at a Zip tailgate and I will have you know he is old enough to be my grandfather. He also actually has forgotten more football then you will ever know so try to stop insulting people you know nothing about. Might go better unless you enjoy getting dislikes and disagrees?

The replay clearly shows the ball moving as he is going to the ground. At that point it is a fumble and Lewis has to reestablish possession. Much like a catch that means surviving the ground which it is at least arguable he did. Slow motion ball pinned to his hip for 3 frames means in real time it was there for less then a second. Is that really possession to you? I turned to my wife and groaned ooo that's really close i don't think they are going to over turn that. Now if it had been ruled down by contact on the field I bet it would have stood.

So now instead of adding substance to the forum by debating my opinion with evidence call me a millienal and how I don't know the rules and started watching football yesterday.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back