PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Win (Obviously)/Fire Romo

Chris Stevenson

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I mean, is this for real. He has Nantz wrapped up too.

You don't get paid to openly root for the other team from the second the whistle blows, and then make it so obvious, misleading the viewer. It happened again, just like all year and worse than last week.

The Lewis "fumble" was clearly not a fumble and there were other calls where he was openly rooting to see something that was not there, that would hurt the Pats.

The viewer is expected to believe the analyst and he has so much power, as he lies and misrepresents things.

Again, been watching this for 35 years have never seen a color analyst have such a disingenuous bias.

What a pretty boy, annoying dork. Sorry, but it's true.

He's apparently the smartest guy in the room calling out things I call out and the way he uses that on screen marker to show what he thinks should be done, hoping he is right...? Yet, he was a mediocre QB who was so easily duped like Jay Cutler with the worst timed INTs this side of the Mississippi.

This is abomination. I have never seen a guy so awful at his craft as a rookie be praised, and I have no idea why Pats fans would ever support such a disgrace. Worst I have ever seen as a rookie commentator, possibly in all of sports.

PS God bless Amendola and the O Line, not to mention the D that shut the door again in the 4th qtr like they always do, keeping it to 20 points and under which as been the magic number in this offensive Goodell Era for a decade.

On to Minny.

Lol he’s the best in the business. What about that time when the Jags were punting and he was frantically yelling “CALL TIMEOUT, NEW ENGLAND!” That must have been him “openly rooting” for the Jags too... amirite?

Lol jesus you people, he got super hyped for us making plays a bunch of times. Can't get rid of Romo

tenor.gif

Romo is overly enthusiastic sometimes and he does speak a lot

But to call him biased is nonsense. Although my midia experience is very different from yours, he is by far the most complimentary of BB and, specially, Brady

Not to mention that he understands the game like no one else in the booth.

Let go of the hate, brother

The Lewis "fumble" was clearly not a fumble and there were other calls where he was openly rooting to see something that was not there, that would hurt the Pats.

The fumble was not overturned. Therefore it was clearly not "clearly not a fumble".

The problem with Romo is he adds uncertainty to too many plays (and mostly against the pats), even when it's obvious - like the amendola catch and Nance says it looks like a solid catch and the replay shows its a catch, Romo still shows doubt -- which then leds the viewers to think the refs are pro-pats.

The problem with Romo is he adds uncertainty to too many plays (and mostly against the pats), even when it's obvious - like the amendola catch and Nance says it looks like a solid catch and the replay shows its a catch, Romo still shows doubt -- which then leds the viewers to think the refs are pro-pats.

If it is obvious that it is a catch on replay why would the viewer be led to think anything ?

I honestly do not know what sort of commentary would be non-biased to some of you people. I'm guessing you're the types who loved listening to Tommy Heinsohn?

Romo openly roots for a good football game because that's what is more appealing to viewers and probably, for him, way more exciting to call.

He had nothing but positives to say about the Pats and I feel sorry for people so thin-skinned they think this dude is rooting against anyone.

Romo doesn't root for anyone he was equally as excited when the Patriots took the lead as when the Jags were up by 10, he just wants a good game.

He's just so damn excited. He will calm down after a season or two.

Why would Romo hate the Patriots? He says nothing but great things about Brady and Belichick, complete paranoia this is.

Lewis fumbled that ball not sure what you are looking at

LOL

The ball was stuck to his hip. You have to lose control of the ball and without question, he still had it tied to his hip when he was down.

Learn the rules.

You Millennials are crazy with this lack of understanding of the rules. Nantz and Romo brainwashing you means nothing.

Most unprofessional broadcast I've ever seen.

He had nothing but positives to say about the Pats and I feel sorry for people so thin-skinned they think this dude is rooting against anyone.

He even called Brady the GOAT multiple times.. I honestly dont get it.. is he sometimes a bit too hyperactive ? Sure. But it is his first year and he is already in a league of his own.. I cant want for his sophomore season..

Romo doesn't root for anyone he was equally as excited when the Patriots took the lead as when the Jags were up by 10, he just wants a good game.

He's just so damn excited. He will calm down after a season or two.

Why would Romo hate the Patriots? He says nothing but great things about Brady and Belichick, complete paranoia this is.

Jealousy, arrogance and entitlement?

Why does Aikman say he'll "go to his grave" knowing Brady ordered Jastremski to order McNally to arbitrarily fiddle with balls in a bathroom so perfectly in 90 seconds.

Cowboy tradition and legacy is being threatened......That's why.

Romo is overly enthusiastic sometimes and he does speak a lot

But to call him biased is nonsense. Although my midia experience is very different from yours, he is by far the most complimentary of BB and, specially, Brady

Not to mention that he understands the game like no one else in the booth.

Let go of the hate, brother

I think he roots for both offenses more than for one particular team.

He even called Brady the GOAT multiple times.. I honestly dont get it.. is he sometimes a bit too hyperactive ? Sure. But it is his first year and he is already in a league of his own.. I cant want for his sophomore season..

Give him an edible and tell him to shut up for 3 seconds. How about that? Most annoying color commentator in history and he is 1 year in.

You Millennials clearly have never watched old school, classic, and classy and non-biased commentators in the past. Not your fault, but jesus. This guy sucks beyond belief.

LOL

The ball was stuck to his hip. You have to lose control of the ball and without question, he still had it tied to his hip when he was down.

Learn the rules.

You Millennials are crazy with this lack of understanding of the rules. Nantz and Romo brainwashing you means nothing.

Most unprofessional broadcast I've ever seen.

It was ruled a fumble and there simply was not enough evidence that he actually had control of the ball when his knee hit the ground. Just because the ball is not moving in 6-7 individual frames doesnt mean that he actually has control of the ball. What looks in super slow motion like seconds is in reality just fractions thereof. If he was called down then the review would have also not overturned that based on the footage.

Ironic how you are *****ing about biases but are not able to see your own..

Yay we are going to another SB. I don’t really listen to the commentators so couldn’t care less about Romo.

Give him an edible and tell him to shut up for 3 seconds. How about that? Most annoying color commentator in history and he is 1 year in.

You Millennials clearly have never watched old school, classic, and classy and non-biased commentators in the past. Not your fault, but jesus. This guy sucks beyond belief.

I dont understand what your problem is but Id suggest to stop calling everyone that calls you out on your ******** a millennial. That does not help your weak argument.

Room is a great analyst. He just needs to pull back from the Nantz tendency to try to create drama.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back