PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Win (Obviously)/Fire Romo

I agree. It’s not like the catch rule, he had lost possession and didn’t regain it. Temporarily stopping the ball from moving does not reestablish possession.

Exactly. He already fumbled the ball (i.e. lost control) at that point in time and needed to re-establish possession which definitely didnt happen when it got stuck to his backarm and hip for a fraction of a second. If he had held on to the ball stuck at the hip it is a different story but the refs made the right call there. Not sure how anyone could argue the other way..

Yes, god forbid a multi billion dollar operation has a first class operation. Just the worst idea ever.

How about announcers learning the rules? Dan Fouts and Romo still think Sefarian Jenkins and Jesse James had TDs without fully controlling the ball.

LOL

How can you bring up the ASJ fumble, and in the same post imply that Lewis regained possession?

Please rewatch the ASJ play. He more clearly "regained possession" than Lewis did, yet his was a fumble.

If Lewis regained possession, the ASJ did. And vice versa. Those are the rules.

Which refs lied? They missed the call on the field, obviously so, yes. Just like Faulk's 4th and 2 in 2009 in Indy, not knowing what forward progress means and when final possession happened.

The ground cannot cause a fumble. Lewis was down.

And similarly, how could Kevin Faulk be given forward progress when be bobbled the ball? If he caught it cleanly, then he would have / should have been given it, and the Pats get the first down. But he didn't. Therefore forward progress gets established when he secured the catch - because there is no "forward progress" because he didn't have the ball to progress with to begin with.

Those are the rules. Please take the time to learn the rules before spewing and insulting the many posters here. I see you're new here; if you want to have a good conversation with people on this board, please take a chill pill before posting and actually keep your mind open to other people's arguments, rather than instantly responding back with insults when someone's view disagrees with yours.

For the record, I think Romo talks too much, and is trying to "stir the pot" a little bit with comments to create drama for the viewer, but he's also genuinely enthusiastic, knows the game inside and out, provides better insights than any color guy in the NFL by far, and he genuinely has a real respect for the players and especially Brady and Belichick. The good far, far, far outweighs the bad. That's my opinion though, and I won't insult you for having a different view.

Easy to understand why everybody doesn't like the same people but my God, give it up. Romo is a high energy guy and loves a good football game. I've never noticed him rooting against the Pats. He calls things as he seems them from a QB that wasn't to bad himself..
Romo basically worships Brady too

I mean, is this for real. He has Nantz wrapped up too.

You don't get paid to openly root for the other team from the second the whistle blows, and then make it so obvious, misleading the viewer. It happened again, just like all year and worse than last week.

The Lewis "fumble" was clearly not a fumble and there were other calls where he was openly rooting to see something that was not there, that would hurt the Pats.

The viewer is expected to believe the analyst and he has so much power, as he lies and misrepresents things.

Again, been watching this for 35 years have never seen a color analyst have such a disingenuous bias.

What a pretty boy, annoying dork. Sorry, but it's true.

He's apparently the smartest guy in the room calling out things I call out and the way he uses that on screen marker to show what he thinks should be done, hoping he is right...? Yet, he was a mediocre QB who was so easily duped like Jay Cutler with the worst timed INTs this side of the Mississippi.

This is abomination. I have never seen a guy so awful at his craft as a rookie be praised, and I have no idea why Pats fans would ever support such a disgrace. Worst I have ever seen as a rookie commentator, possibly in all of sports.

PS God bless Amendola and the O Line, not to mention the D that shut the door again in the 4th qtr like they always do, keeping it to 20 points and under which as been the magic number in this offensive Goodell Era for a decade.

On to Minny.
giphy.gif

I mean, is this for real. He has Nantz wrapped up too.

You don't get paid to openly root for the other team from the second the whistle blows, and then make it so obvious, misleading the viewer. It happened again, just like all year and worse than last week.

The Lewis "fumble" was clearly not a fumble and there were other calls where he was openly rooting to see something that was not there, that would hurt the Pats.

The viewer is expected to believe the analyst and he has so much power, as he lies and misrepresents things.

Again, been watching this for 35 years have never seen a color analyst have such a disingenuous bias.

What a pretty boy, annoying dork. Sorry, but it's true.

He's apparently the smartest guy in the room calling out things I call out and the way he uses that on screen marker to show what he thinks should be done, hoping he is right...? Yet, he was a mediocre QB who was so easily duped like Jay Cutler with the worst timed INTs this side of the Mississippi.

This is abomination. I have never seen a guy so awful at his craft as a rookie be praised, and I have no idea why Pats fans would ever support such a disgrace. Worst I have ever seen as a rookie commentator, possibly in all of sports.

PS God bless Amendola and the O Line, not to mention the D that shut the door again in the 4th qtr like they always do, keeping it to 20 points and under which as been the magic number in this offensive Goodell Era for a decade.

On to Minny.

And bring back Dan Fouts? Eff that!

Romo was a huge upgrade.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey